Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited May 2017
    Post deleted
    See the Posting Guidelines: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines
    Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed.

There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

Please respect topic integrity by not derailing discussions from the original poster’s intent (OP).

Please see the sticky post at the top of AMT:  http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/67751/bombs-dropping-down
    Discuss the topic, not the people discussing the topic. No personal comments. Look your comments over before hitting Submit and be sure you're debating THE TOPIC.

Please see the multiple warnings posted by the moderators.
    Thank you
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Tiki said:
    As long as he's NOT down here in Palm Beach making life miserable for us NOT so rich folks. Then again most if not ALL of his wealthy buddies are out of town up north somewhere. Finally Palm Beach can recover and breathe again.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,923
    edited May 2017
    Discussion re-opened. Some recent comments have been removed. Please see the Posting Guidelines and the Announcement at the top of AMT.
    Please take your personal issues with other members off the forum. If you see a problem post, report and ignore. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk. Thank you.

Please see the Posting Guidelines: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines
    Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

Please respect topic integrity by not derailing discussions from the original poster’s intent (OP).

Please see the sticky post at the top of AMT:  http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/67751/bombs-dropping-down
    Discuss the topic, not the people discussing the topic. No personal comments. Look your comments over before hitting Submit and be sure you're debating THE TOPIC.

Please see the multiple warnings posted by the moderators.
    Thank you

Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Health care gets people hot..
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    BS44325 said:
    Life and death issue.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,606
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited May 2017
    BS44325 said:
    Well no shit.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    Well no shit.
    I don't know...I'm a little surprised. Obamacare is in a death spiral...the "life and death issue" is already underway yet there is zero passion on here to create a fix. In fact it is the attempt at a fix that is driving everybody to the brink. It is the attempt at a fix that is shutting down threads. It makes me wonder if it once again is all about trump? If it was truly about healthcare then the AMT would be demanding an alternative to the present collapse.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Well no shit.
    I don't know...I'm a little surprised. Obamacare is in a death spiral...the "life and death issue" is already underway yet there is zero passion on here to create a fix. In fact it is the attempt at a fix that is driving everybody to the brink. It is the attempt at a fix that is shutting down threads. It makes me wonder if it once again is all about trump? If it was truly about healthcare then the AMT would be demanding an alternative to the present collapse.
    People have given input on different ideas about improving health insurance. "Demand" might not be the best word to use. It's not like amt is some direct connection to Congress. 
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited May 2017
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Well no shit.
    I'm all about fixing... but im not a fan of "The Fixer" lol... I think the issue is they aren't really trying to fix anything and it's pretty obvious... and we dont like the proposed changes... and the changes are likely harmful to a lot of Americans, including some of the most vulnerable

And of course someone in a diverse America like me see's essentially and older all-white nearly all-male frat party celebrating in the Rose Garden... which is why I'm never voting for a man again in any political race, unless my boy Bernie can secure that nomination in 2020...
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Well no shit.
    According to the talking points provided to R's and Fox by insurance companies.  Don't buy into that shit.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Well no shit.
    I'm all about fixing... but im not a fan of "The Fixer" lol... I think the issue is they aren't really trying to fix anything and it's pretty obvious... and we dont like the proposed changes... and the changes are likely harmful to a lot of Americans, including some of the most vulnerable

And of course someone in a diverse America like me see's essentially and older all-white nearly all-male frat party celebrating in the Rose Garden... which is why I'm never voting for a man again in any political race, unless my boy Bernie can secure that nomination in 2020...
    You are right that celebration is tacky. Any "fix" will absolutely have negative ramifications on a segment of the population and yes thise negative ramifications will always fall disproportionately on the poor. There is no perfect bill unfortunately and universal coverage will not be happening. Where I disagree with oyu though is on The Fixer. I love The Fixer. It's a great song that gets a lot of grief on this forum for a reason I will never understand. I hope it returns to a setlist sometime soon.

lastly...this mobile app on iOS is driving me insane. Typing is a friggin nightmare.
  • Options
    Tiki said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Well no shit.
    According to the talking points provided to R's and Fox by insurance companies.  Don't buy into that shit.
    You are in denial. The insurance market is collapsing. It is a death spiral. 
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/lA9l76zb8Bg

I was at this show... best performance of The Fixer I have seen... and hopefully the last lol

Only been played twice since then. It's down to once per year status thankfully!

My girlfriend loves the fixer, and she is smarter than me, so that probably says something lol
  • Options
    Health insurance corporations need a lifeline. Their business model is all effed up.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Republicans nor Democrats are addressing the real health care issue ... why are the costs so high and how can we reduce them?  When you see your bill and get charged $40 for a goddamn tongue depressor, that is where the focus should start.  It shouldn't start at the back-end where the focus is on how we can get an insurance company to pay for a $40 tongue depressor.  

You don't need expensive health care insurance if health care isn't expensive.  Backwards thinking by all parties.  
  • Options
    Even in this climate of corruption a fundamental change is needed to the question we're looking for an answer to.
    Congress should concentrate on the idea of actual health "care" and not health "insurance".
    Who lobbies and makes contributions to their re-election campaigns them on behalf of "care"?  Sick poor people?  

• Options
    Fuckers
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
  • Options
    dignin said:
    The permanent scowl he has on his face is likely a result of all the scowling he did as a youth- growing up and pouting every time his father wouldn't let him drive the Rolls Royce or use the private jet to fly somewhere for lunch.

Poor Donald.
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    https://youtu.be/lA9l76zb8Bg

I was at this show... best performance of The Fixer I have seen... and hopefully the last lol

Only been played twice since then. It's down to once per year status thankfully!

My girlfriend loves the fixer, and she is smarter than me, so that probably says something lol
    Wow my2hands...you and I disagree a lot but this could be the biggest one yet! I dig The Fixer! I superduper really dig it and I need to hear it live again! Tell your girlfriend she's not alone!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    The Fixer is middle ground for me, probably really fun live, but not a stand-out on the album for me.
    Sure beats Johnny Guitar though!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    edited May 2017
    Tiki said:
    Even in this climate of corruption a fundamental change is needed to the question we're looking for an answer to.
    Congress should concentrate on the idea of actual health "care" and not health "insurance".
    Who lobbies and makes contributions to their re-election campaigns them on behalf of "care"?  Sick poor people?  

Right....the CEOs provide the health care, no doubt about that.  That's the fucking problem in this country.

Trump voters are fine with corporations making health decisions for them...they just don't want the gubmint to have any authority over those fucking millionaire CEOs
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited May 2017
    rgambs said:
    The Fixer is middle ground for me, probably really fun live, but not a stand-out on the album for me.
    Oh Gawd Johnny Guitar is awful.

PJ is freaking awesome and one of my top three favourite bands, but that song leaves much to be desired. In fact (lol)... that song reminds me of your position in the Cop Abuse thread!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rgambs said:

PJ is freaking awesome and one of my top three favourite bands, but that song leaves much to be desired. In fact (lol)... that song reminds me of your position in the Cop Abuse thread!
    Hahaha good one! 

Johnny Guitar is the only PJ song I don't like!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Here we go again...

I also dig Johnny Guitar big time. The outro on that is solid as fuck and I believe has great jam potential should the band choose to stretch it out. I even requested it for Mexico City!

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/248114/johnny-guitar-in-mexico-city

Many Mexicans are probably happy that was ignored.
  • Options
    After Amongst The Waves, Johnny Guitar and Supersonic are my favorites from Backspacer
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Johnny Guitar blows

Swap it out for a 7 minute studio "Of The Earth" and people would worship at the altar of Backspacer

The actual Johnny "Guitar" Watson was badass however... I think he even died on stage?
    Post edited by my2hands on
This discussion has been closed.