Formula One Freaks-this is it!

Comments

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    So ready for the season to begin!
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    So...anyone think Honda will fix whatever they need to this year? I just really wanna see Alonso fight for wins again.

And I like Honda being in F1.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Jason P said:

The drivers are saying it will be even harder to pass with the new setup. Once again, pending a pit screw up or mechanical failure, the race winner will be established on the first turn of the race.

Or in the pit.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Idris said:

So...anyone think Honda will fix whatever they need to this year? I just really wanna see Alonso fight for wins again.

The McLaren-Honda looks worse than it has since Honda has returned. They won't last the season before McLaren is with another engine supplier.
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Rygar said:

Idris said:

The McLaren-Honda looks worse than it has since Honda has returned. They won't last the season before McLaren is with another engine supplier.
    Actually I was just reading an article about McLaren speaking with AMG for engines.

It may happen. Maybe next year.

But I'm still holding out hope for a Honda turn around...

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Off to a good start!!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I can't believe all the fans running onto the track on the cool down lap. Those idiots with the Ferrari flag looked like they were trying to get hit.
    Yeah it's been a long time since I've seen the fans flood the track before the cars were parked.
    If I'm thinking of the same particular group of idiots (flags, thumbs up, on the track after the pit entry), they knew the cars were taking the pit lane.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Rygar said:

Off to a good start!!

Great opening race! Hopefully it will be a competitive season. One thing that concerned me though: with the extra grip it seemed nearly impossible to pass on the track.
    eddiec said:

Rygar said:

Off to a good start!!

Great opening race! Hopefully it will be a competitive season. One thing that concerned me though: with the extra grip it seemed nearly impossible to pass on the track.
    Yeah there was talk of that leading up to winter testing. There weren't many passes on track (I think I read 5) at this race. Next race will be a little more representative. They're already talking about extending the DRS zones haha.
    edited March 2017
    More to Jason P's point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj0rbtjpqmM&feature=youtu.be

On a related note, it's cool that Formula 1 is finally putting official videos on YouTube.
    Post edited by Rygar on
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    can you hear the drums Fernando...
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!

Woot! That's two!
    edited April 2017

Power? 1 megawatt (1341bhp) for a weight limited to 600 kilos. That's the biggest power to weight ratio in F1 ever. #RS2027vision
    Post edited by Pap on
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Pap said:

Power? 1 megawatt (1341bhp) for a weight limited to 600 kilos. That's the biggest power to weight ratio in F1 ever. #RS2027vision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5cYgRnfFDA
    :lol:
    So close Seb...
    But can it handle the corners :)
    edited May 2017
    From tears to joy: Thomas meets Kimi

Post edited by Pap on
  • low lighterlow lighter Land down under Posts: 59
    that was so good of Kimi! what a day for that little boy! Seb was so close but not enough power at the end :(
    edited May 2017
    Great race!  What a battle.  Speed, strategy and bumping tires.  Cant ask for much more.
    I will be going back to Montreal this year!
    Get_Right said:
    Great race!  What a battle.  Speed, strategy and bumping tires.  Cant ask for much more.
    Hopefully the weather improves by then ;)

It was a good race, some competition.
    Rygar said:
    Get_Right said:

Well the weather was shit last year!  Good thing I had models bringing me cappuccinos. :)
    Still waiting to see what kind of tickets I will get this year.  Fingers crossed for another Paddock Club experience.
    Check your PMs as the race gets closer! =)
    Get_Right said:
    Rygar said:
    Get_Right said:

Well the weather was shit last year!  Good thing I had models bringing me cappuccinos. :)
    Still waiting to see what kind of tickets I will get this year.  Fingers crossed for another Paddock Club experience.
    FFS I'm still dumbfounded I wasn't willing to drive overnight for that last year....
    Rygar said:
    Get_Right said:
    Rygar said:
    Get_Right said:

FFS I'm still dumbfounded I wasn't willing to drive overnight for that last year....
    Ya, me too!
    Not sure it will happen again, I think that was a one time thing.  Maybe I will get the invite because because McLaren is still pooping the bed. We shall see stay tuned.