Options

Soundgarden Tour

Comments

• Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    JojoRice said:
    AO253126 said:
    Anyone know if they are selling tour posters? I searched the Google but couldn't find anything.
    Went to the Atlanta show last night and they had an awesome poster!  Will post pics of it when I get home after work tonight.  

The show was great by the way!

Was the poster show specific? I've been to two Soundgarden shows and both had show specific posters.
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    JojoRice said:
    AO253126 said:
    Anyone know if they are selling tour posters? I searched the Google but couldn't find anything.
    Went to the Atlanta show last night and they had an awesome poster!  Will post pics of it when I get home after work tonight.  

Was the poster show specific? I've been to two Soundgarden shows and both had show specific posters.
    It appears to be one poster for the entire Spring Tour. 
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    AO253126 said:

It appears to be one poster for the entire Spring Tour. 
    Lame. Their posters are usually really good too.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Downside of the SG tour is i lost $130 and couldnt pay someone to use my tickets.  The upside is this may help avoid future MC touring conflicts for PJ based on how the crowds have been on the SG tour.  
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    The venue was nearly full.   More than i would have anticipated.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    CopperTom said:
    The venue was nearly full.   More than i would have anticipated.
    They almost sold out the Fox..thats my point.  
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177

interesting setlist for last night. first solo headlining show on the tour.

I was really looking forward to hearing "Kyle Petty". hope they crank that one up in B'ham.

a pretty good representation of all their albums though.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Any tour shirts besides the 2 they have on their site? I am seeing them next week. 

$30 on their site and I can't imagine less than $40 at the show.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,907
    Any tour shirts besides the 2 they have on their site? I am seeing them next week. 

$30 on their site and I can't imagine less than $40 at the show.
    I saw shirts last night up to $45. They had about 5 or 6 different shirts to pick from. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598
    Noload said:
    Downside of the SG tour is i lost $130 and couldnt pay someone to use my tickets.  The upside is this may help avoid future MC touring conflicts for PJ based on how the crowds have been on the SG tour.  
    That's a ridiculous comment.
  • Options
    Some pics from last night's show at the Fox in Atlanta.  Sorry for some of the blurry pics.  Love the tour poster though!

• Options

Thanks for sharing those pics. Poster looks awesome. is it a blacklight poster?

I can't wait for Saturday!!!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    edited May 2017
    lolobugg said:

I think so but not 100% sure.  Mine is still in the tube.  I just copied the poster picture from online.  Merch area was a little crazy last night.  

On a side note, they didn't charge me for a poster tube.  The poster was $25 including tax. 

• Options
    JojoRice said:
    lolobugg said:

I think so but not 100% sure.  Mine is still in the tube.  I just copied the poster picture from online.  Merch area was a little crazy last night.  

On a side note, they didn't charge me for a poster tube.  The poster was $25 including tax. 
     Was there a show specific poster or just one for the whole tour? Glad to see they have tubes. Both Soundgarden shows I've been to have had show specific posters, but no tubes.
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    Rockin' show last night! 

Found it very weird that the band walked off stage one by one without saying "goodnight! Thank you!"
    Also, Chris never introduced the rest of the band. Strange.
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    lolobugg said:

Was there a show specific poster or just one for the whole tour? Glad to see they have tubes. Both Soundgarden shows I've been to have had show specific posters, but no tubes.
    It's just one poster for the whole tour.  Love the art work on it though. Can't wait to frame it. 

• Options
    PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    edited May 2017
    I debated about catching SG this tour. Saw TOTD in NY. Great show all around, but I'm not a big enough SG fan to overlook the limits of CC's vocals these days. That said, some of you that can't get rid of tickets...if they are within 4 hours of Champaign, IL, I'd go for free :) I know Ed has limits nowadays, too, and I've come to accept it, but part of Chris' trademark were those soaring high notes, and he can't go there anymore. I think it'll be even more apparent in SG set than the TOTD set.

I find it interesting that someone called it lame that they don't have individual show posters. Might be cool when bands pull off individual posters, but I'm not sure it's lame. It's business. Be happy there IS a poster :)
    Post edited by PJinIL on
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    In 2014, when SG coheadlined with NiN, some of the SG posters were runs of 300ish and still didn't sell out.  It's a totally different fan base. I understand why they went with 1 poster for the entire tour.
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    In 2014, when SG coheadlined with NiN, some of the SG posters were runs of 300ish and still didn't sell out.  It's a totally different fan base. I understand why they went with 1 poster for the entire tour.

good decision on their part.

still lots of old posters for sale in their online store.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    Rockin' show last night! 

Found it very weird that the band walked off stage one by one without saying "goodnight! Thank you!"
    I noticed that as well.  Chris never really acknowledged any of his band mates the entire show. 

I thought Matt rocked it on the drums last night. 

• Options
    JojoRice said:
    Rockin' show last night! 

I noticed that as well.  Chris never really acknowledged any of his band mates the entire show. 

maybe they are just doing this tour for the $$$$$$$$$$$$

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    They're hit and miss.

I've seen them twice. The first time with QOTSA was a great show. The second... as I've lamented a few times on these pages- was a disaster: horrible sound in a venue that is noted for great sound. Obviously, they didn't give two shits about getting things right and just puked noise at us that night.

I'll never travel to see those guys again unless they put out a new album that rocks (their last album rocked- I liked it).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    crashing88crashing88 Posts: 200
    They're hit and miss.

I've seen them twice. The first time with QOTSA was a great show. The second... as I've lamented a few times on these pages- was a disaster: horrible sound in a venue that is noted for great sound. Obviously, they didn't give two shits about getting things right and just puked noise at us that night.

I'll never travel to see those guys again unless they put out a new album that rocks (their last album rocked- I liked it).
    Saw them for the first time last night (ATL). I've seen Chris solo twice. They were great last night and really rocked it! What nearly ruined the night were our seats.... Even though we were orchestra, about 15 rows back, we were all the way to the aisle/wall. The sound there was fucking horrible. It was like we were in a tunnel. We bounced around the section (there were empty spots here and there - scalpers I guess) without much luck. We eventually just moved to the very back center where there was only standing room. Holy shit was the sound much better there, especially the vocals. Never doing that section again at The Fox. Will catch them if they ever come through again.
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 688
    They're hit and miss.

I'll bet we saw the same shows. Gorge was tight. Paramount.......just not as good. 
  • Options
    They're hit and miss.

I'll bet we saw the same shows. Gorge was tight. Paramount.......just not as good. 
    Both of my shows were in Vancouver- the horrible sounding one was at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre. Just... freaking... awful.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    They're hit and miss.

Both of my shows were in Vancouver- the horrible sounding one was at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre. Just... freaking... awful.
    The QET is known for its bad sound with rock shows. 
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    Thanks for everyone's feedback on the shows. I absolutely loved Badmotorfinger and Down On The Upside when they were initially released, but I was never able to get to see them, so this will be my first time. I'm definitely looking forward to it, but I've lowered my expectations based on what I'm hearing here.

The poster looks cool, and while I wish they had city-specific merch, it makes sense why they don't. For those that have already been to a show, is it safe to assume that the "merch scene" is not nearly as crazy as it is for PJ? It'd be nice to be able to walk in to a show
  • Options
    They're hit and miss.

The QET is known for its bad sound with rock shows. 
    First I've heard of that.

I've been to many shows there and they've all been great.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,088
    lolobugg said:
    JojoRice said:
    Rockin' show last night! 

maybe they are just doing this tour for the $$$$$$$$$$$$
    Chris goes around selling out theatre's on his own, and Matt earn's his living in PJ.   Unless their doing it as charity for Ben/Kim, they must do it for more than the $$??
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,088
    They're hit and miss.

I've seen two of the post reunion shows.  Gorge in '11 and the Vancouver one at the Queen E. in '13.    The '11 show was really good.  The '13 show seemed good, but like you said, the sound was awful.   It's funny I have an audience bootleg of it that sounds pretty good, but in the venue it sound horrible.  It made it pretty hard to enjoy it.

I've seen a few other shows in the Queen E. over the years.  Chris Cornell Solo and I think an STP show.  I don't really the sound being that bad in there before.   For Soundgarden was PNE Forum bad :(