Radiohead

Comments

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    mfc2006 said:

Had the opportunity to get tickets to last night's show in Portland, but had to skip because of this damn flu bug. Setlist looks incredible.

Hope you fell better, bud! The flu is rotten. I had something similar happen...had credit card/ID-only tix to the ATL show and had to eat them b/c I had a schedule mix-up and the show overlapped w/ my kids' Spring Break. A few buddies went and said it was a stellar show.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    That Daydreaming video made my head explode. Wow. Throw in the aspect that Rachel passed earlier this year and you've got the makings of the saddest video of all time.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    jjflash said:

mfc2006 said:

Had the opportunity to get tickets to last night's show in Portland, but had to skip because of this damn flu bug. Setlist looks incredible.

Hope you fell better, bud! The flu is rotten. I had something similar happen...had credit card/ID-only tix to the ATL show and had to eat them b/c I had a schedule mix-up and the show overlapped w/ my kids' Spring Break. A few buddies went and said it was a stellar show.
    thanks, man. bummed for sure, but I know that I made the right choice. I would have been miserable.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    I had a really crazy experience at the Portlland show last night. I don't live in Portland so I have no idea what's happening on the local music scene. But in going to both the Seattle and Portland Radiohead shows, I've had 5 bands on my mind a lot: the 5 bands that represent my top 5 most amazing concerts ever attended. Radiohead is one of those artists and I hadn't seen them since around 2005ish. REM is another of those bands and actually holds the top spot of single best show ever attended.

I'll put the details in an REM thread but suffice to say, I was walking around between the excellent Dudu Tassa & the Kuwaitis and Radiohead and had to rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming when I spied Peter freaking Buck near one of the beer gardens in the main walkway of the Moda Center!

It was like best ever live bands "worlds colliding", but how cool (but not surprising at all) that Buck would be a Radiohead fan. So that was an additional cool thing aside from just being lucky enouugh to be there at all. Wish I'd seen him after the show to hear what he though...
    JH6056 said:

I had a really crazy experience at the Portlland show last night. I don't live in Portland so I have no idea what's happening on the local music scene. But in going to both the Seattle and Portland Radiohead shows, I've had 5 bands on my mind a lot: the 5 bands that represent my top 5 most amazing concerts ever attended. Radiohead is one of those artists and I hadn't seen them since around 2005ish. REM is another of those bands and actually holds the top spot of single best show ever attended.

I'll put the details in an REM thread but suffice to say, I was walking around between the excellent Dudu Tassa & the Kuwaitis and Radiohead and had to rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming when I spied Peter freaking Buck near one of the beer gardens in the main walkway of the Moda Center!

It was like best ever live bands "worlds colliding", but how cool (but not surprising at all) that Buck would be a Radiohead fan. So that was an additional cool thing aside from just being lucky enouugh to be there at all. Wish I'd seen him after the show to hear what he though...

Very cool. He's a really nice guy. I ran into him at a local record store a couple of years ago & we chatted about music for a bit.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    mfc2006 said:

JH6056 said:

Very cool. He's a really nice guy. I ran into him at a local record store a couple of years ago & we chatted about music for a bit.
    He is a nice guy, and he looks great! He looks healthier and just better than he did about 3 yrs ago when I saw him and Mike Mills play Big Star songs at Bumbershoot. I guess Portland is good for him?
    JH6056 said:

mfc2006 said:

JH6056 said:

He is a nice guy, and he looks great! He looks healthier and just better than he did about 3 yrs ago when I saw him and Mike Mills play Big Star songs at Bumbershoot. I guess Portland is good for him?
    I think so & he's pretty active around town from what I understand.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • adusickadusick Posts: 1,367
    Anyone pumped for the Radiohead live stream from Coachella tonight?? https://www.youtube.com/coachella
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    JH6056 said:

I think they've been playing Ful Stop almost every night. There were a LOT of strobe light, slightly EDM-sounding songs, so I get the rave reference. But the songs are so so much more complex and better than EDM. Idiotech (sp?) was one of the best songs live in both Seattle and Portland.

Ok that makes sense, Ful Stop, what a tune that looks like live, just relentless and heart pounding. Wish they'd come to NZ on this tour, but can't see it happening..
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,955
    Tonight!
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,415
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    that is cool and she is smoking hot
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,415
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    There's some sort of OK Computer rumblings going on as we approach the 20th anniversary of the album's release date.

There's some sort of OK Computer rumblings going on as we approach the 20th anniversary of the album's release date.

Absolutely. I never took Radiohead to be a band who looks back on anniversaries like this while still together and creating great music. I'm not mad about it at all though. Odds are something will get released that we don't have yet. Whether it's outtakes or maybe a concert...it will be awesome.
    edited May 2017
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    So it looks like we are finally getting studio versions of Man O War (aka Big Boots) and Lift! There's also another unreleased song called I Pronise which I swear I've heard before.

I don't have a direct link but it's on the typical music sites.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

So it looks like we are finally getting studio versions of Man O War (aka Big Boots) and Lift! There's also another unreleased song called I Pronise which I swear I've heard before.

I don't have a direct link but it's on the typical music sites.

When are they gonna release "Follow Me Around"????
    one of my fave Radiohead live songs.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

Agreed! The version on MPIE is amazing. Such a great song.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    edited May 2017
    http://www.oknotok.co.uk/

Rescued from defunct formats, prised from dark cupboards and brought to light after two decades in cold storage… OK COMPUTER: the original twelve track album, three unreleased tracks and eight B-sides, all newly remastered from the original analogue tapes*.

Inside a black box emblazoned with a dark image of a burned copy of OK COMPUTER are three heavyweight 180 gram black 12" vinyl records and a hardcover book containing more than 30 artworks, many of which have never been seen before except by us, and full lyrics to all the tracks except the ones that haven't really got any lyrics.

Under this weighty tome are yet more surprises: a notebook containing 104 pages from Thom Yorke's library of scrawled notes of the time, a sketchbook containing 48 pages of Donwood and Tchock's 'preparatory work' and a C90 cassette mix tape compiled by us, taken from OK COMPUTER session archives and demo tapes.

To avoid accusations of wilful obscurity, a 320k MP3, 16- or 24-bit WAV download of 23 tracks will be available to you on 23rd June and a download of the cassette will be inside the box.

* But why? The original analogue tapes are the highest definition version of the record, and nothing will ever beat them. However in the 20 years since the original release mastering technology has improved a lot, and with new equipment and techniques we can make a digital version that's an improvement of the original transfer.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    There's a blue vinyl indie version out there. 3000 for Europe, 4000 for the US.

my parlophone - no data matrix sounds freaking insane
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    This is awesome news!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865

my parlophone - no data matrix sounds freaking insane

Yeah, this is the best pressing. Well, maybe until this new one. Hopefully its pressed better than AMSP was.
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    Ordered the x3 black vinyl version, excited to hear this bad boy, they've certainly talked it up in their press release!
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
    Definitely getting the boxset. Is there a deadline? I didn't see one.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    Damn. Blue vinyl is pretty much sold out in the UK already. Can't find one anywhere. I think a few shops haven't put it up yet. At least that's what I'm hoping.
    rw160510 said:
    Damn. Blue vinyl is pretty much sold out in the UK already. Can't find one anywhere. I think a few shops haven't put it up yet. At least that's what I'm hoping.
    http://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordstore/Pre-Order-Now/Ok-Computer-OKNOTOK-1997-2017-Opaque-Blue-Vinyl/5IQ30EKL000

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Bought the blue vinyl. Got 10% off as well by just using a different email and using the 10% off first order - easy trick.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Couldnt justify the £100 for the boxset when you get the blue for £21.