Options

PJ fan first time in Seattle

yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
So, I'm finally going to be in Seattle for the first time this upcoming September. Any suggestions on things to do as a PJ fan visiting the city for the first time?
“May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra

Comments

• Options
    CridderCridder Posts: 165
    Stalking Seattle tour is great!!!!
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    Same, I'm going to have two afternoons & nights there this summer, book ending an Alaskan cruise. Hoping to see the needle, the MoPop & maybe take in a Mariners game.
  • Options
    KS80184KS80184 Posts: 386
    Check out the Poster Exhibit at SeaTac!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    this place looks pretty cool
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMAJvr4r1-o
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,757
    Enjoy what Seattle is now instead of 25 years ago (aside from the homeless encampments and giant trash heaps along our freeways).
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    If you're in town Sept. 8th, Mike will be playing the National Anthem at the Mariners game

http://m.mlb.com/mariners/tickets/group/crohns-colitis-foundation-night

Also, Emerald City Guitars if you're into that
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,974
    I didn't want to leave Bass Northwest. That place is awesome if you're into bass guitars.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    I personally don't think there is anything in particular that is specifically PJ-related that would be worth doing in Seattle. I know there have been a few people who talked about going and looking at venues they've played in, at the apartment building in the movie Singles, stuff like that... to each their own. I don't see how that would be interesting or fun. If you're looking to see some Seattle music history you'll probably just want to visit the Museum of Pop Culture (formerly the Experience Music Project), drop in at Easy Street Records, and then just enjoy all the non-PJ things that Seattle has to offer. And play some Pearl Jam on the internet Jukeboxes in whatever bars you go to. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DW183354DW183354 NYC Posts: 126
    Easy Street Records is a must. Have a nice meal there too. Check out Ballard. Freemont. Stop by SIngles Going Steady for some punk records. Check out Fantagraphics comic shop…some great records in the adjoining shop as well.

Not very PJ related but the drive to Levenworth (sp?…germantown) is astounding. Starts out green and ends white. Waterfalls everywhere. The Hotel shot from Twin Peaks…I forget the name, but that too is stunning. Make sure to do the little walk down to the bottom of the waterfall.

Ive been twice, back again this October. PJ, and all the music from Seattle, is the reason I felt that I had to go. Two of the best trips I have ever taken. I can't wait to get back there.

Theres this great coffee shop thats right in Freemont. Just grab a cup, sit on the porch and feel it. Its everywhere.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    Went to Washington a few years back and spent a day cruising around Seattle. Mostly spent time in the mountains (Rainier and St. Helens), but had to check out the city a little :)

If you're there on a Saturday, Pike Place Market is quite the experience. Lots of awesome little vendors, food, crafts, all out madness! The original Starbucks is right there too (the line is insane!). It's also right next to The Showbox and down the street from Benaroya Hall if you're looking for Pearl Jam nostalgia. The gross gum wall is still there too I believe. More a novelty than anything else. And obviously the PJ posters at SEA-TAC. That was awesome to see. Took lots of pictures.

Enjoy no matter what you do!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    bigjilmbigjilm Sea Posts: 184
    edited May 2017
    DW183354 said:
    The Hotel shot from Twin Peaks…I forget the name, but that too is stunning. Make sure to do the little walk down to the bottom of the waterfall. Ive been twice, back again this October. 
    The hotel and waterfall are in Snoqualmie, not Leavenworth. That hike though. Man, its a beast in the summer with a backpack full of camera gear. 
    Post edited by bigjilm on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,835
    Check out http://www.londonbridgestudio.com . Did the studio tour back in '13. Had a wonderful time. :) 
  • Options

bigjilm said:
    DW183354 said:
    The Hotel shot from Twin Peaks…I forget the name, but that too is stunning. Make sure to do the little walk down to the bottom of the waterfall. Ive been twice, back again this October. 
    The hotel and waterfall are in Snoqualmie, not Leavenworth. That hike though. Man, its a beast in the summer with a backpack full of camera gear. 
    yep, we did the hotel on the way to Leavenworth. Such a beautiful drive. 
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Cridder said:
    Stalking Seattle tour is great!!!!
    This is a great tour.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    edited May 2017
    Pike Place Market, and downtown Seattle in general. It doesn't take long to walk from Pioneer Square to Belltown
    As many breweries as possible (if you like beer, of course: I have a soft spot for Pyramid and the West Seattle Brewing Co.)
    Ballard and Fremont
    Gasworks Park
    Space Needle/what used to be EMP/Chihuly Glass Museum/Monorail/Westlake
    West Seattle/Alki (for a more relaxed, neighbourhood vibe as well as Easy Street Records)
    Further north: Bellingham/Fairhaven, WA

If the roads are still open in September, check out Sunrise and Paradise, either side of Mount Rainier.
    Post edited by FinsburyParkCarrots on
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    DW183354 said:
     Theres this great coffee shop thats right in Freemont. Just grab a cup, sit on the porch and feel it. Its everywhere.
    I know that place! Good call.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
  • Options
    DW183354 said:
    I know that place! Good call.
    so cozy. and the thrift stores down the block are amazing. 
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul said:
    I personally don't think there is anything in particular that is specifically PJ-related that would be worth doing in Seattle. I know there have been a few people who talked about going and looking at venues they've played in, at the apartment building in the movie Singles, stuff like that... to each their own. I don't see how that would be interesting or fun. If you're looking to see some Seattle music history you'll probably just want to visit the Museum of Pop Culture (formerly the Experience Music Project), drop in at Easy Street Records, and then just enjoy all the non-PJ things that Seattle has to offer. And play some Pearl Jam on the internet Jukeboxes in whatever bars you go to. ;)
    5 Point still has a CD jukebox...mostly 90s music.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Go to Red Mill for a burger
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Go for a hike in Discovery Park and work your way to the beach and lighthouse and pretend your in the hunger strike video!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/