PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    JK_Livin said:

I tried my damdest to get a picture of an Eagles ring for you guys, but I couldn't find one

I guess Eli's weren't there because he sold them as "game used"
    lol

Though if you really think about it, his rings are about as game used as a ring can get.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    By the way, not sure if anyone is paying attention, but YOUR Phightns are a few innings away from their 2nd consecutive division sweep....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Best thing I did was buy the At-Bat app for a measly $20 - now I can listen to the games at work, or anywhere really.

In related news, Juggs, that sounds like jinx talk right there, ya mush.

Best thing I did was buy the At-Bat app for a measly $20 - now I can listen to the games at work, or anywhere really.

A solid purchase. I have had it a bunch of years now and this year with my cable package get at bat through it, which is sweet.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703

By the way, not sure if anyone is paying attention, but YOUR Phightns are a few innings away from their 2nd consecutive division sweep....

they did it image

the draft is being held outside near the parkway, where Made in America Festival was held.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

I thought so too.....also thought I jinxed them on Sunday with the broom comment. Fun team to watch again. Hope it lasts longer than it did last year

chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380

I just hope the whole goddamn thing is one gigantic Boo Fest. I'd go down for that.

it's a Boo Fest.

boos for goodell; cheers for trump. :fp:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Glad I'm on my couch but this city is the best.
    Lol Eagles fans. I don't know who he is either. All that hype then basically no reaction.
    Very good pick. I'd say it probably came down to him or Allen.

Lol that reaction was amazing. Screaming...yelling...pick...borderline silence

Absolutely. I think once McCaffrey came off the board they didn't give a fuck about anybody. Surprised all the white dudes in the crowd didn't walk out after that.

Absolutely. I think once McCaffrey came off the board they didn't give a fuck about anybody. Surprised all the white dudes in the crowd didn't walk out after that.
    Yeah man. They wanted him bad. I'm sure dude was a fine pick, I just enjoyed the hype then reaction
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Because he wasn't one of the 5-6 players all the "experts" had us taking. There were a few guys that kept mentioning him though. I love the pick especially once all the O players were gone.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Because he wasn't one of the 5-6 players all the "experts" had us taking. There were a few guys that kept mentioning him though. I love the pick especially once all the O players were gone.

That's what I'm saying - no offensive player there was worth it in its place compared to the premium defensive players on the board, and I think you gotta go BPA with that first pick. Now, you go get the needs in 2-4: WR, CB, RB. And always, ALWAYS, get an OL, at some point in this draft.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Pretty cool setup on the parkway. Talked to some meatheads in Center City yesterday that said they were going to get fucked up and head over.
    Confirmed my previous thoughts as not wanting to be anywhere around that.
    Did look cool, though.
    What is the crowd going to look like on Day 3?
    For Chicago, they did an inside and then outside thing.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited April 2017

Yeah man. They wanted him bad. I'm sure dude was a fine pick, I just enjoyed the hype then reaction
    I guess I missed something. What was wrong with the reaction? They took a safe pick and the crowd responded kind of like I did on my couch, with a shrug of the shoulder and a nod of the head.

Did you expect them to all do cartwheels or something?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg

I guess I missed something. What was wrong with the reaction? They took a safe pick and the crowd responded kind of like I did on my couch, with a shrug of the shoulder and a nod of the head.

I don't know. It was just anticlimactic. The place was going insane, from what I hear Ru-ben Fo-ster chants all over the place, then like you say, a shrug. For once, I'm not talking shit about anything, just found it amusing.

I don't know. It was just anticlimactic. The place was going insane, from what I hear Ru-ben Fo-ster chants all over the place, then like you say, a shrug. For once, I'm not talking shit about anything, just found it amusing.
    ha...I think you're just upset that the fans didn't embarrass themselves by booing loudly and throwing shit
    chinese-happy.jpg

ha...I think you're just upset that the fans didn't embarrass themselves by booing loudly and throwing shit
    Well, yes, of course.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

I thought so too.....also thought I jinxed them on Sunday with the broom comment. Fun team to watch again. Hope it lasts longer than it did last year

not a fun team at all. I think they still lose 90 games. only long term pieces are neris and nola (valezquez if they move him to pen). so two bp pieces and no position players. farm system also sucks.

fans excited about sweeping marlins and braves are same ones who were excited when eagles beat browns and bears to open their season. philly fans are so dumb
    parkway looks awesome -- philly def showing well. As others have mentioned, good memories of Made in America -- what a great day that was when PJ was here. Sadly that was the beginning of the end for them

I was so relieved when mccaffery got snatched up early. dudes like him are a dime a dozen.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    The Fixer said:

I was so relieved when mccaffery got snatched up early. dudes like him are a dime a dozen.
    Dudes who set all time yardage records in major conferences are a dime a dozen?
    Barry Sanders was a dime a dozen as well.
    edited April 2017

The Fixer said:

Dudes who set all time yardage records in major conferences are a dime a dozen?
    ummm, yes. Ka'Deem Carey is third all time in yards from scrimmage (marcus allen is first) -- haha. If you're setting records in college football that just means you're not good enough to be in the NFL (most good players these days leave early)

mccaffrey is a good player, but I think he's gonna have a hard time staying healthy. Not someone I want the eagles to target in the first round when they have so many needs. I wouldn't have taken him in the second round either. I like what the eagles have done in first two days

Post edited by The Fixer on
    edited April 2017
    The Fixer said:

not a fun team at all. I think they still lose 90 games. only long term pieces are neris and nola (valezquez if they move him to pen). so two bp pieces and no position players. farm system also sucks.

fans excited about sweeping marlins and braves are same ones who were excited when eagles beat browns and bears to open their season. philly fans are so dumb
    Ha....okay

Isn't there an Orioles game you should be watching? Beat it.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited April 2017

The Fixer said:

Ha....okay

OK Mr Phillie. I mean Glenn

Do you like baseball now? Last time you posted anything baseball related you were happy the phils had placido polanco hitting 5th. hahaha
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

Ha....okay

OK Mr Phillie. I mean Glenn

Do you like baseball now? Last time you posted anything baseball related you were happy the phils had placido polanco hitting 5th. hahaha
    make more sense.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    another blown save. This team needs a closer.

should be 4 games over, now even at 500 because of the fucking awful relief.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]