what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Annafalk said:

Once again, my first thought when someone invited me out was 'what excuse can I use this time?'. Default hermit setting! I feel this is a bad thing and yet I know that I won't regret choosing to stay home alone instead

What if you miss a good time if you don't join ? :)
    See the thing is, I'm pretty sure I'll have a more enjoyable and stress-free night at home alone watching TV :smile:

Once again, my first thought when someone invited me out was 'what excuse can I use this time?'. Default hermit setting! I feel this is a bad thing and yet I know that I won't regret choosing to stay home alone instead

if you won't regret it, it's not a bad thing. we aren't all made to be social butterflies.
    Definitely true, I think I'm just a solitary being :smile:
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

I didn't get it, but I have a phone interview for a new position on Thursday.

This was odd. The HR person has my salary range on the application, and during the interview the HR person told me the job starts at about 25% below my range, and wouldn't come close to my range. I was willing to go lower, but not that low. I've had interviews for positions where the range is in my range, so it's not out of the ordinary.

The organization reevaluated their salary, and now I have an in-person interview with them. Wow!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

This was odd. The HR person has my salary range on the application, and during the interview the HR person told me the job starts at about 25% below my range, and wouldn't come close to my range. I was willing to go lower, but not that low. I've had interviews for positions where the range is in my range, so it's not out of the ordinary.

The organization reevaluated their salary, and now I have an in-person interview with them. Wow!
    Yay!! This is awesome!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

if you won't regret it, it's not a bad thing. we aren't all made to be social butterflies.
    Definitely true, I think I'm just a solitary being :smile:
    for the most part, so am I. for the longest time, I fought it. then I realized, why am I trying to change myself? from then on, I have absolutely relished being on my own.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    ....And Messi!!!!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Wow! Sending you good vibes.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Realised last night that I don't think I've ever (knowingly) met a Jew. May seem a random thought but I just happened to have a lot of questions last night that only a Jew could answer. I know there are some here so maybe come find me if you'd be happy to discuss some things :smile:
    We are selling the hunting property. I am so sad. 25 acres of raw forest. And now I will no longer have access. So so sad.
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217

We are selling the hunting property. I am so sad. 25 acres of raw forest. And now I will no longer have access. So so sad.

Wow..I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds amazing.

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w503/K9Mafia/Mobile Uploads/2014-08/AA5F5B03-03E8-4440-98CF-68A19417AA84.jpg

It is. I am so going to miss it.
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    ^ Gorgeous. No doubt you will miss that.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    I had two phone interviews this week, and they are over. Yay!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    RIP Jonathan Demme. Something Wild is one of my favorite movies of all time.
    Just how amazing this place is. I hope in some way, the community that this band's music has created, and the beauty of its many many people that never may have met, if not for their music, gets relayed to the band. They should hopefully get to celebrate in this place with us. It is a very diverse, and beautiful spectrum of humans being represented here, and all cause they started a band.. kinda neat universal driver.. but then again, music always is. Have a great day everyone!
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Good luck ms. haiku. And Tree, that was beautifully stated and so true.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Just how amazing this place is. I hope in some way, the community that this band's music has created, and the beauty of its many many people that never may have met, if not for their music, gets relayed to the band. They should hopefully get to celebrate in this place with us. It is a very diverse, and beautiful spectrum of humans being represented here, and all cause they started a band.. kinda neat universal driver.. but then again, music always is. Have a great day everyone!

Beautiful, Tree - as you are. Love "universal driver".

I would not have the love of my life and the love for (and from) my friends if not for PJ. Their music brought me to X when I thought I was on Q, then encouraged me to try for Y.

Interesting we're listening to Unthought Known at the moment.

I mean, really...who would've known?

Symmetry, synergy. Timing.

(perhaps I should've tossed this in the high on MJ thread instead =) )
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPYK1VcouiM
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Pap said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPYK1VcouiM
    Yeah. That look of contemplation on Ed's face as Cameron reads that letter.. is perfect.. it encompasses the feeling of awe and amazement that this place inspires in me.. it is so deep, complex, moving, breathtaking and unique all at once..it's like seeing a work of art in motion. It inspires, it drives, it changes you.. it makes you better for having had the experience; if you are truly open to it.
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Whether to unpack the car or just say fuck it and listen to records.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.

Screw the car.. listen to records.. :smiley:

I totally agree! The band should be proud of how they created a global community of strangers.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

Screw the car.. listen to records.. :smiley:
    unpack and listen to records

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    So strange, the terms for various actions nowadays. It's almost as the older people (read: I) get, the more language borders on imbecilic and reverts to that of a little kid.

Ghosting.
    Throwing shade.
    Mansplaining.
    Fat/body/whatever-shaming.

Not to mention the mis-use of ironic.

And now we have stealthing! (Apparently this is when a douchebag removes his condom, unbeknownst to his partner...beyond shitty act -
    a dangerous one at that - but have heard some compare it to rape. Ummm, NO. A violation for sure, but nowhere close to rape. And still a stupid word.)

Whatever happened to the all-inclusive term of "asshole" applying to, well, assholes?

Shit, I grew up with "so and so's album is coming out on X date." Now, it's DROPPING! And it's rarely an album in the true sense.

Hrrrmph.

Some days, I just can't stand some people.

hedonist said:

So strange, the terms for various actions nowadays. It's almost as the older people (read: I) get, the more language borders on imbecilic and reverts to that of a little kid.

Ghosting.
    Throwing shade.
    Mansplaining.

And now we have stealthing! (Apparently this is when a douchebag removes his condom, unbeknownst to his partner...beyond shitty act -
    a dangerous one at that - but have heard some compare it to rape. Ummm, NO. A violation for sure, but nowhere close to rape. And still a stupid word.)

Whatever happened to the all-inclusive term of "asshole" applying to, well, assholes?

Shit, I grew up with "so and so's album is coming out on X date." Now, it's DROPPING! And it's rarely an album in the true sense.

Hrrrmph.

+ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000.°
    Oh and Ebonics..

hedonist said:

Ghosting.
    Throwing shade.
    Mansplaining.

Hrrrmph.

Oh and Ebonics..
    And those Kartrashian worshipping millennials saying words like bae, swag, cray.

It's like that scene from Undercover Brother. "We pronounced our e's and our r's."

hedonist said:

Ghosting.
    Throwing shade.
    Mansplaining.

Hrrrmph.

Oh and Ebonics..
    And those Kartrashian worshipping millennials saying words like bae, swag, cray.

It's like that scene from Undercover Brother. "We pronounced our e's and our r's."
    I definitely agree with you on this point. Wth?? Just don't get that whole thing with them.

hedonist said:

Ghosting.
    Throwing shade.
    Mansplaining.

Hrrrmph.

Oh and Ebonics..

I definitely agree with you on this point. Wth?? Just don't get that whole thing with them.
    Them not being in the news that much is a rare good thing about Trump being in the White House.