Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: Riot Act Round 2

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,997
    You Are
    Or maybe someone just needs to buy them the Anthology book as a gift?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    Save You
    If they took the time to play Sweet Lew than I think they could handle playing Get Right. There must be a reason though so perhaps Stone told the truth.
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    Green Disease
    I remember Eddie saying at the Detroit 2014 show that they just don't remember Get Right.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Thumbing My Way
    WOW.

I absolutely LOVE Help, Help....and Ghost. It's so cool to see how people gravitate towards different songs.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Ghost
    Easy choice!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,943
    Ghost

If they took the time to play Sweet Lew than I think they could handle playing Get Right. There must be a reason though so perhaps Stone told the truth.

I remember it being an interview with Stone regaridng... the Philly 2009 shows or PJ20 or something. So I guess they tried it there, but it wasn't worth the effort at that time.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 273
    Thumbing My Way
    Half Full is one of my favorite songs in the Pearl Jam catalog. Amazed by the votes! Thumbing My Way is a good track, it just always felt uneven in the vocal. Just never found myself loving it.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Can't Keep
    mfc2006 said:

WOW.

I absolutely LOVE Help, Help....and Ghost. It's so cool to see how people gravitate towards different songs.

Et tu, MFC? Et tu?

I never would have taken you as voting for Thumbing My Way. I might need to revisit this friendship.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Thumbing My Way

mfc2006 said:

WOW.

Et tu, MFC? Et tu?

I never would have taken you as voting for Thumbing My Way. I might need to revisit this friendship.
    I like it ok...but it just doesn't grab me.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    Ghost
    This round will be close...guessing I Am Mine is the odds on favorite to be champ since it wasn't listed for elimination? I'm good with that.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Cropduster

This round will be close...guessing I Am Mine is the odds on favorite to be champ since it wasn't listed for elimination? I'm good with that.

It's listed is just the 11th song. All you have to do to vote for it is just say your voting for it.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Ghost
    Voting is really close...
    Looks like we could have 5 songs go out in this round.
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Cropduster
    surprised at 1/2full
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    Ghost
    This poll has got me thinking I like Riot Act a lot more than I thought I did. I'm surprised about 1/2 Full too, but I like to remain optimistic. ;)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,844
    You Are
    Nami said:

surprised at 1/2full

me too. that song kicks some serious ass live as well as studio.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    Green Disease
    Nami said:

surprised at 1/2full

Love 1/2 full. It should have zero votes. Green Disease on the other hand...
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Ghost
    Ghost by a mile. Not a good song
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,943
    Ghost
    bbiggs said:

Nami said:

surprised at 1/2full

Love 1/2 full. It should have zero votes. Green Disease on the other hand...
    1/2 full = Green Disease.

They're equally great.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,492
    Cropduster
    Half Full needs to stay people..great Stone's tune..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    gotahardhardheadgotahardhardhead Norfolk UK Posts: 17
    *** I Am Mine*** always felt this was far too middle of the road and have never enjoyed it. I know how much of a minority I'm in for this and to make things even worse for everyone I love Sirens - would trade it any day for I Am Mine...
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    Cropduster

*** I Am Mine*** always felt this was far too middle of the road and have never enjoyed it. I know how much of a minority I'm in for this and to make things even worse for everyone I love Sirens - would trade it any day for I Am Mine...

Yup. That does make it worse. ;)
  • Options
    You Are
    how does love boat captain only have two votes? it is such a cheesy song.
  • Options
    Cropduster
    mcgruff10 said:

I'll admit that, musically, it has does indeed have an essence of cheddar (which can translate into "catchy" at times). With this said, I think what the song stands for elevates it to different level.

(I doubt it'll win, however).
  • Options
    You Are
    rummy said:

mcgruff10 said:

I'll admit that, musically, it has does indeed have an essence of cheddar (which can translate into "catchy" at times). With this said, I think what the song stands for elevates it to different level.

Good point. But if that s the case, why did arc go so early?
  • Options
    Cropduster
    mcgruff10 said:

rummy said:

mcgruff10 said:

Good point. But if that s the case, why did arc go so early?
    Touche.
    I guess were are more drawn to actual lyrics than moans and wails.

Oh, wait a sec. This is Pearl Jam were talking about. One can find moans and wails all over the place.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,772
    Green Disease
    I am baffled by how 1/2 full has enough votes to go already?!? Honestly it has all the elements of a kick ass PJ song. Meaningful, protest worthy, slightly cryptic at times lyrics, driving guitars and a bad ass solo. And that thing Eddie does with the light reflecting from his guitar is fun. Love this song it kicks the ass of cropduster all day and night. Cropduster is a nice little song don't get me wrong but 1/2 full is.... bad ass.

5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Can't Keep

I am baffled by how 1/2 full has enough votes to go already?!? Honestly it has all the elements of a kick ass PJ song. Meaningful, protest worthy, slightly cryptic at times lyrics, driving guitars and a bad ass solo. And that thing Eddie does with the light reflecting from his guitar is fun. Love this song it kicks the ass of cropduster all day and night. Cropduster is a nice little song don't get me wrong but 1/2 full is.... bad ass.

You just explained my feelings for Rival being voted off early in this post. I think all of the characteristics you listed for 1/2 Full could easily be said for Rival...except for the light thing.
  • Options
    You Are

You just explained my feelings for Rival being voted off early in this post. I think all of the characteristics you listed for 1/2 Full could easily be said for Rival...except for the light thing.
    Rival is a great song. Maybe people just don't like the guitar riff?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited April 2017
    Cropduster
    Who the hell is voting for 1/2 Full?????

Your 10c membership should be revoked!
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited April 2017
    All Or None
    my2hands said:

Who the hell is voting for 1/2 Full?????

Bunch o' damn fools, that's who!
This discussion has been closed.