Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options

Anyone know where this photo might have been taken and why Trump is wearing an earpiece? Seems maybe he's having answers fed to him?

http://www.cnn.com/

He's listening to tunes with his Sony Discman.

He's a real hip guy. He never thought he'd be a real hip guy, but he is a hip guy. Maybe the hippest. Hipper than rich Ukrainians.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

In the future we should not only demand to see each candidates tax returns....but each candidate should be required to undergo a psychological exam. This is one of the most incoherent interviews you will ever read from the "leader of the free world";

https://apnews.com/c810d7de280a47e88848b0ac74690c83/Transcript-of-AP-interview-with-Trump?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Politics

The President did a wide ranging interview with the AP where he talks about what he calls the "fake media."

Here's part of the conversation:

"TRUMP: No I have, it's interesting, I have, seem to get very high ratings. I definitely. You know Chris Wallace had 9.2 million people, it's the highest in the history of the show. I have all the ratings for all those morning shows. When I go, they go double, triple. Chris Wallace, look back during the Army-Navy football game, I did his show that morning.
    AP: I remember, right.

TRUMP: It had 9.2 million people. It's the highest they've ever had. On any, on air, (CBS "Face the Nation" host John) Dickerson had 5.2 million people. It's the highest for "Face the Nation" or as I call it, "Deface the Nation." It's the highest for "Deface the Nation" since the World Trade Center. Since the World Trade Center came down. It's a tremendous advantage.

I have learned one thing, because I get treated very unfairly, that's what I call it, the fake media. And the fake media is not all of the media. You know they tried to say that the fake media was all the, no. The fake media is some of you. I could tell you who it is, 100 percent. Sometimes you're fake, but — but the fake media is some of the media. It bears no relationship to the truth. It's not that Fox treats me well, it's that Fox is the most accurate.

AP: Do you believe that? That Fox —

TRUMP: I do. I get treated so badly. Yesterday, about the thing, you know when I said it's a terrorism ... it may be. I said it may be a terrorist attack and MSNBC, I heard, went crazy, "He called it a terrorist attack." They thought it was a bank robbery. By the way, I'm 10-0 for that. I've called every one of them. Every time they said I called it way too early and then it turns out I'm ... Whatever. Whatever. In the meantime, I'm here and they're not.

___

AP: Do you feel that one of the things with cable is there's such real-time reaction with everything you say?

TRUMP: Yeah.

AP: Can you separate that sometimes from that actual decision?

TRUMP: The one thing —

AP: That you have to do —

TRUMP: OK. The one thing I've learned to do that I never thought I had the ability to do. I don't watch CNN anymore.

AP: You just said you did.

TRUMP: No. No, I, if I'm passing it, what did I just say (inaudible)?

AP: You just said —

TRUMP: Where? Where?

AP: Two minutes ago.

TRUMP: No, they treat me so badly. No, I just said that. No, I, what'd I say, I stopped watching them. But I don't watch CNN anymore. I don't watch MSNBC. I don't watch it. Now I heard yesterday that MSNBC, you know, they tell me what's going on.

AP: Right.

TRUMP: In fact, they also did. I never thought I had the ability to not watch. Like, people think I watch (MSNBC's) "Morning Joe." I don't watch "Morning Joe." I never thought I had the ability to, and who used to treat me great by the way, when I played the game. I never thought I had the ability to not watch what is unpleasant, if it's about me. Or pleasant. But when I see it's such false reporting and such bad reporting and false reporting that I've developed an ability that I never thought I had. I don't watch things that are unpleasant. I just don't watch them.

AP: And do you feel like that's, that's because of the office that you now occupy —

TRUMP: No.

AP: That you've made that change?

TRUMP: I don't know why it is, but I've developed that ability, and it's happened over the last, over the last year.

AP: That's interesting.

TRUMP: And I don't watch things that I know are going to be unpleasant. CNN has covered me unfairly and incorrectly and I don't watch them anymore. A lot of people don't watch them anymore, they're now in third place. But I've created something where people are watching ... but I don't watch CNN anymore. I don't watch MSNBC anymore. I don't watch things, and I never thought I had that ability. I always thought I'd watch."

Here's the full transcript:

https://apnews.com/c810d7de280a47e88848b0ac74690c83/Transcript-of-AP-interview-with-Trump?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Politics

Comparing his ratings to 9/11. Real classy.....and interestingly enough, comparable. Both are disasters for the US.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,280
    dignin said:

In the future we should not only demand to see each candidates tax returns....but each candidate should be required to undergo a psychological exam. This is one of the most incoherent interviews you will ever read from the "leader of the free world";

The President did a wide ranging interview with the AP where he talks about what he calls the "fake media."

Here's part of the conversation:

"TRUMP: No I have, it's interesting, I have, seem to get very high ratings. I definitely. You know Chris Wallace had 9.2 million people, it's the highest in the history of the show. I have all the ratings for all those morning shows. When I go, they go double, triple. Chris Wallace, look back during the Army-Navy football game, I did his show that morning.
    AP: I remember, right.

TRUMP: It had 9.2 million people. It's the highest they've ever had. On any, on air, (CBS "Face the Nation" host John) Dickerson had 5.2 million people. It's the highest for "Face the Nation" or as I call it, "Deface the Nation." It's the highest for "Deface the Nation" since the World Trade Center. Since the World Trade Center came down. It's a tremendous advantage.

I have learned one thing, because I get treated very unfairly, that's what I call it, the fake media. And the fake media is not all of the media. You know they tried to say that the fake media was all the, no. The fake media is some of you. I could tell you who it is, 100 percent. Sometimes you're fake, but — but the fake media is some of the media. It bears no relationship to the truth. It's not that Fox treats me well, it's that Fox is the most accurate.

AP: Do you believe that? That Fox —

TRUMP: I do. I get treated so badly. Yesterday, about the thing, you know when I said it's a terrorism ... it may be. I said it may be a terrorist attack and MSNBC, I heard, went crazy, "He called it a terrorist attack." They thought it was a bank robbery. By the way, I'm 10-0 for that. I've called every one of them. Every time they said I called it way too early and then it turns out I'm ... Whatever. Whatever. In the meantime, I'm here and they're not.

___

AP: Do you feel that one of the things with cable is there's such real-time reaction with everything you say?

TRUMP: Yeah.

AP: Can you separate that sometimes from that actual decision?

TRUMP: The one thing —

AP: That you have to do —

TRUMP: OK. The one thing I've learned to do that I never thought I had the ability to do. I don't watch CNN anymore.

AP: You just said you did.

TRUMP: No. No, I, if I'm passing it, what did I just say (inaudible)?

AP: You just said —

TRUMP: Where? Where?

AP: Two minutes ago.

TRUMP: No, they treat me so badly. No, I just said that. No, I, what'd I say, I stopped watching them. But I don't watch CNN anymore. I don't watch MSNBC. I don't watch it. Now I heard yesterday that MSNBC, you know, they tell me what's going on.

AP: Right.

TRUMP: In fact, they also did. I never thought I had the ability to not watch. Like, people think I watch (MSNBC's) "Morning Joe." I don't watch "Morning Joe." I never thought I had the ability to, and who used to treat me great by the way, when I played the game. I never thought I had the ability to not watch what is unpleasant, if it's about me. Or pleasant. But when I see it's such false reporting and such bad reporting and false reporting that I've developed an ability that I never thought I had. I don't watch things that are unpleasant. I just don't watch them.

AP: And do you feel like that's, that's because of the office that you now occupy —

TRUMP: No.

AP: That you've made that change?

TRUMP: I don't know why it is, but I've developed that ability, and it's happened over the last, over the last year.

AP: That's interesting.

TRUMP: And I don't watch things that I know are going to be unpleasant. CNN has covered me unfairly and incorrectly and I don't watch them anymore. A lot of people don't watch them anymore, they're now in third place. But I've created something where people are watching ... but I don't watch CNN anymore. I don't watch MSNBC anymore. I don't watch things, and I never thought I had that ability. I always thought I'd watch."

Here's the full transcript:

Comparing his ratings to 9/11. Real classy.....and interestingly enough, comparable. Both are disasters for the US.

Yeah the irony is thick, which of course flies right over his head. According this guy, big ratings = success......yet he's comparing his ratings to one of the biggest tragedies in our nation's history.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    he never thought he'd have the ability to not watch a fucking tv show?

he is more pathetic than I thought.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

he never thought he'd have the ability to not watch a fucking tv show?

he is more pathetic than I thought.

Just downright comical.

It could not be more bizarre.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

The same poll that says Trump is so popular also says that in a rematch he would win the popular vote

That is the bottom line number that people concerned about congressional races are interested in.
    Polls a year and a half away from an election in which the candidate you trumpet isn't running are completely meaningless. The left is actively organizing, reenergizing and reengaging. Trump has plenty of time to self destruct, show his cluelessness and be impeached. All of which will be untenable policy positions for repubs in congress. But keep holding on to your poll.
    Ha. Coming from the guy who insists daily that all the numbers show that people are abandoning Trump. That he is untenable. This poll is a snapshot and there is no evidence that the "organizing, reenergizing and reengaging" is having any effect. DNC chair Perez is getting booed daily while Bernie refuses to even call himself a democrat.
  • Options

Anyone know where this photo might have been taken and why Trump is wearing an earpiece? Seems maybe he's having answers fed to him?

http://www.cnn.com/

Assume a state visit for translation

No...assume Putin feeding him answers!
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,606
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

The same poll that says Trump is so popular also says that in a rematch he would win the popular vote

That is the bottom line number that people concerned about congressional races are interested in.
    Polls a year and a half away from an election in which the candidate you trumpet isn't running are completely meaningless. The left is actively organizing, reenergizing and reengaging. Trump has plenty of time to self destruct, show his cluelessness and be impeached. All of which will be untenable policy positions for repubs in congress. But keep holding on to your poll.
    Ha. Coming from the guy who insists daily that all the numbers show that people are abandoning Trump. That he is untenable. This poll is a snapshot and there is no evidence that the "organizing, reenergizing and reengaging" is having any effect. DNC chair Perez is getting booed daily while Bernie refuses to even call himself a democrat.
    I never claimed, "people were abandoning Trump." Show me where I said that. I've claimed that Trump has his base of supporters, 25%-37% but not much beyond that. Trump is not running in 2018. But his policies and lack of successes will be on full display. And Repubs will have to run from it because they're not tenable. Coal jobs are not coming back. Exxon doesn't want the US to withdraw from the Paris climate agreement. Mexico is not going to pay for the wall. The election is a year and half away. Keep clinging to your poll. Every passing day shows what an idiot he is and people are not going to stick by him or his policies, except that 25-37%. Big tax plan to be issued on Wednesday will be yet another example of his desperate attempt at a "win."
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I have spoken to two people in recent days, both of which stated very emphatically early on how ridiculous and dangerous Trump is, one saying "I don't think he's doing that badly" and another, regarding North Korea, saying "Trump will take care of it, I'm sure of that".

I was aghast.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    That interview is a really tough read. Good god!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    If you read a transcript of what the OF says when he ad libs, he comes across like a fucking mental patient.
    (Not that when he stays on script it's much better...)
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,280
    mfc2006 said:

He sounds like an incoherent, drunk, toddler.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    CM189191 said:

Tiki said:
    Just add it to the list of things Trump didn't know...
    ...that health care was so complicated
    ...that Frederick Douglas is dead
    ...that diplomacy was so hard
    ...how to sell steaks and booze to Americans
    ...oh, and have you heard of this Susan B Anthony lady?
    “Everything’s so… like, you know the orders are so massive."
    “Every decision is much harder than you’d normally make.”

...we'll just add that to the list...
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

He interrupts himself lol.

Some guys at work and I just laughed our asses off reading it aloud.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Let's not forget that Trump congratulated a purple heart recipient. Congrats bro!!

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

Let's not forget that Trump congratulated a purple heart recipient. Congrats bro!!

I thought he was going to kiss that guy full on the lips.
  • Options
    Does he still do that excessively long shake the hands thing?
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,625

If your heart was shriveled, black, and rotten, tell me you wouldn't be impressed that someone else had a purple one.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

mfc2006 said:

He sounds like an incoherent, drunk, toddler.
    yup.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

"tremendous, just fabulous that you lost your leg. you served bigly."
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631

I like people that don't get shot. They are the winners.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

haha, totally. how could any veteran who knows about his comments on john mccain not spit in his face when he approaches them?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793

mrussel1 said:

haha, totally. how could any veteran who knows about his comments on john mccain not spit in his face when he approaches them?
    "When I heard about this ... I wanted to do it myself," Trump said during a brief ceremony at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

Trump's decision to allow news media coverage of the medal ceremony was in sharp contrast to former President Barack Obama, who awarded Purple Heart medals during his regular visits to Walter Reed but always did so behind closed doors.

...ug....just another photo op....Trump is all about making Trump's image look good and using others as props....
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    that young man looked mondo uncomfortable...
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Yup, keep clinging to your poll.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/24/trump-congress-midterms-2018-237505

And Bernie never was a "democrat."
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    He's a blithering idiot I'm sorry but I can't think of him presidential at all , he's all over the place man I can't believe none of his advisers tell him to just not speak ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

He's a blithering idiot I'm sorry but I can't think of him presidential at all , he's all over the place man I can't believe none of his advisers tell him to just not speak ...

maybe they are all waiting in the wings for him to fail...........
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

maybe they are all waiting in the wings for him to fail...........
    Or just be sick of winning so he starts losing.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

I never claimed, "people were abandoning Trump." Show me where I said that. I've claimed that Trump has his base of supporters, 25%-37% but not much beyond that. Trump is not running in 2018. But his policies and lack of successes will be on full display. And Repubs will have to run from it because they're not tenable. Coal jobs are not coming back. Exxon doesn't want the US to withdraw from the Paris climate agreement. Mexico is not going to pay for the wall. The election is a year and half away. Keep clinging to your poll. Every passing day shows what an idiot he is and people are not going to stick by him or his policies, except that 25-37%. Big tax plan to be issued on Wednesday will be yet another example of his desperate attempt at a "win."
    Coal jobs have started to come back...

http://www.postbulletin.com/opinion/columnists/moore-thanks-to-trump-coal-is-making-a-comeback/article_3e22bee1-7b9d-5703-a30a-b912093fa146.html

Shhhhhh. Will there be more?
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Coal jobs have started to come back...

http://www.postbulletin.com/opinion/columnists/moore-thanks-to-trump-coal-is-making-a-comeback/article_3e22bee1-7b9d-5703-a30a-b912093fa146.html

Shhhhhh. Will there be more?
    Hahahahahahaha! In other news, switchboard operator jobs are in demand and on the rise. I heard Executioner jobs are also on the rise with Neil "The Sandman" Gorsuch on the bench now. These are all real great things for 'Merica after we are rebuilding from the nuclear holocaust. Someone will have to run the gallows and man the switchboard while the coal fired trains are blazing a path on our rebuilt transportation structure.
    It's a hopeless situation...
This discussion has been closed.