2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195

Or alternate non-conference opponents kinda like the NFL does. One year you play one division in the other conference, the next year you play the other.

I could get behind this idea. I dig it.

Up 3-0 on tberg's Wild. I'm quite shocked actually. I picked the Wild to represent the west in the finals. However, as a Blues fan, there's no feeling of easiness within me. If any team is capable of blowing a lead like this...it's the Blues. They love to break my heart.

I was actually thinking to myself that it's about time we came back from a 3 game deficit instead blowing a 3 game lead :smiley: 1 down 3 to go!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Yeah.

There has been full on mutiny on bylsma since november.

Murray, as gm pissed away a ton of assets.

They are at a big crossroads with this hire
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    dudes in ugly unis > dudes in classic unis.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    MayDay10 said:

Sabres got nuked from orbit

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    ^^^^ :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I have to give some props to the Nashville fans. I was channel flicking between baseball, basketball and hockey last night and turned on the Preds game with 8 minutes left. The crowd in unison chanted Crawford, Crawford, Crawford then "YOU SUCK!!!!!!" It was pretty impressive.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    JK_Livin said:

I have to give some props to the Nashville fans. I was channel flicking between baseball, basketball and hockey last night and turned on the Preds game with 8 minutes left. The crowd in unison chanted Crawford, Crawford, Crawford then "YOU SUCK!!!!!!" It was pretty impressive.

They could've chanted any name they wanted to this series. They all sucked.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

JK_Livin said:

3 goals in 4 games. hard to believe a team with over 100 points could get swept and dominated like that. Let's hope Patrick Kane doesn't take his disappointment out on any of the women in Buffalo (or anywhere else for that matter).
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

3 goals in 4 games. hard to believe a team with over 100 points could get swept and dominated like that. Let's hope Patrick Kane doesn't take his disappointment out on any of the women in Buffalo (or anywhere else for that matter).
    Or cabbies.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    edited April 2017

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Or cabbies.
    *yawn*
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Or cabbies.
    *yawn*
    Agree about the cabbie incident that was way overblown. Don't know much about the other one but I remember reading about the cabbie and thought the guy was money grabbing some.

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Or cabbies.
    *yawn*
    Agree about the cabbie incident that was way overblown. Don't know much about the other one but I remember reading about the cabbie and thought the guy was money grabbing some.
    Regarding the cab driver, Kane was out of line. He admitted it, publicly apologized, and did his duty. It was in 2010 and he was being young and stupid with his newfound success. He's grown up a good bit since then. The joke is 7 years old now, it's time to retire it.

The alleged incident with the woman in Buffalo lacked evidence to support her claim. The woman and her mother were caught in a few different lies, including a claim that the evidence bag containing the rape kit showed up anonymously, and tampered with, at the mother's door. When the woman's attorney brought this to hearing, the crime lab refuted the story stating all evidence was accounted for in it's original packaging, untampered. Surveillance videos supported the lab's claim that the evidence bag never left the facility. The DA stated they believed it was a hoax created by the mother. The woman's attorney even quit the case stating "I lack confidence in the story that was told to me." The tests found no DNA of Kane's on the woman's genitalia or undergarments.
    Ahh, I seem to remember the fishy evidence bag thing.
    And yes, I can relate to being an idiot 20 year old and punching people. (And I wasn't an athlete in a sport that encourages punching people.) I was just a donkey-hole 23 years ago.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

And yes, I can relate to being an idiot 20 year old and punching people. (And I wasn't an athlete in a sport that encourages punching people.) I was just a donkey-hole 23 years ago.

Man, that was some bizarre shit with the evidence bag and all that stuff with that investigation. Felt like something out of a movie. Crazy.

In more positive news about Kane, sounds like he'll be going to play with the US team in the world championships coming up here. Gaudreau and Eichel are playing too....should be a fun team to watch even though no one really gives a shit about that tournament. So strange that it takes place right in the middle of the NHL playoffs.

Man, that was some bizarre shit with the evidence bag and all that stuff with that investigation. Felt like something out of a movie. Crazy.

In more positive news about Kane, sounds like he'll be going to play with the US team in the world championships coming up here. Gaudreau and Eichel are playing too....should be a fun team to watch even though no one really gives a shit about that tournament. So strange that it takes place right in the middle of the NHL playoffs.
    Indeed. I love the Worlds. I guess that's one bright light about the Hawks exiting early, I can pay more attention to the WC.

Thats just the world getting briefly exposed to south buffalo
    my blue jackets are out.

who should I root for?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Wobbie said:

my blue jackets are out.

who should I root for?

preds ...

just looks like a lot of fan support for small non-traditional hockey market
    polaris_x said:

Wobbie said:

my blue jackets are out.

who should I root for?

preds ...

nope.

can't do the southern hockey thing....even if the whole team is canadiens and cold weather muricans. :nuh_uh:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Wobbie said:

polaris_x said:

Wobbie said:

my blue jackets are out.

who should I root for?

preds ...

nope.

can't do the southern hockey thing....even if the whole team is canadiens and cold weather muricans. :nuh_uh:
    Blues!! We need all the help we can get!
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,145
    Wobbie said:

my blue jackets are out.

who should I root for?

Rangers
    I miss igotid88
    polaris_x said:

Wobbie said:

my blue jackets are out.

who should I root for?

preds ...

They arrived a while ago. They have had a great atmosphere for a number of years. They also had enough sense and awareness to get behind the john scott thing at the asg last year.

I was once a huge opponent of this team. I was proven wrong. They do have the benefit of never really being bad though, but on the other hand, have yet to enjoy a deep playoff run.

I consider nashville a legit nhl city
    Wobbie said:

my blue jackets are out.

who should I root for?

Edmonton.

They are exciting, great fans, and it would give bettman and nbc diarrhea if they made the finals.
    Wobbie said:

my blue jackets are out.

who should I root for?

Anyone but the Penguins.
    MayDay10 said:

polaris_x said:

Wobbie said:

my blue jackets are out.

who should I root for?

preds ...

They arrived a while ago. They have had a great atmosphere for a number of years. They also had enough sense and awareness to get behind the john scott thing at the asg last year.

I was once a huge opponent of this team. I was proven wrong. They do have the benefit of never really being bad though, but on the other hand, have yet to enjoy a deep playoff run.

I consider nashville a legit nhl city
    Coming from this Blackhawks fan, Nashville has definitely become a hockey city. Their fans are a great, passionate bunch!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711

Wobbie said:

my blue jackets are out.

who should I root for?

Anyone but the Penguins.
    and the rangers :lol:

The Boston/Ottawa game was pretty exciting last night. Kinda rooting for Ottawa but glad that Boston won so there would be more hockey :smiley:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited April 2017
    Mayday knows his hockey, listen to him :wink:
    Oil bandwagon will be full about midway thru next round, hop on while you can....it's going to be a 10+ year ride.
    Doesn't get much more exciting than this

https://www.facebook.com/FaceOffNL/videos/283898165393816/

(Can't find on YouTube sorry)
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    dignin said:

Never met a flames or oilers fan who would cheer for the other side.

Well hello, my "name" is dignin.

There, now you have met one.
    Two more in our house. We cheer for the Canucks as well. :)

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I couldn't bring myself to cheer for the flames during their cup run. Drove me a bit nuts seeing flames flags flying from cars in Edmonton. Guess I'm weird that way. I don't watch other teams often at all- really only watch the finals once the oil are eliminated. Can't cheer for anyone else and don't find sports very entertaining when I don't care who wins.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,145
    I miss igotid88