PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    MJS went to my alma mater...or I went to his :confounded:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

Are you guys keeping it Brockmire? Please tell me I'm not the only one watching this show

Yet to watch this week but I loved the ones I have seen thus far. So funny.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

Are you guys keeping it Brockmire? Please tell me I'm not the only one watching this show

I hope you have never been Lucy'd
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

I'd like to watch it. I'm behind on Fargo, Better Call Saul and The Americans. It's tough to keep up and these 10pm shows aren't as easy to stay up for as they used to be.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited April 2017
    I hope Altherr can put it together. Such a good looking ball player.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    does anyone go to Mets games or do they just not sell the seats right behind home plate? it's embarrassing how many open seats behind home plate they have on a nightly basis. even if they are corporate seats shouldn't someone be in them? at least the Phils are smart enough to put employees in those seats if they are empty.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    pjhawks said:

does anyone go to Mets games or do they just not sell the seats right behind home plate? it's embarrassing how many open seats behind home plate they have on a nightly basis. even if they are corporate seats shouldn't someone be in them? at least the Phils are smart enough to put employees in those seats if they are empty.

Yanks have the same issue. No one, especially behind home page, is in their seats when the games start. The security lines at YS have become unbearable. The yanks issues is clearly more than security as it has happened since the new stadium and those stupid seats opened, but it only adds to it.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703

pjhawks said:

Yanks have the same issue. No one, especially behind home page, is in their seats when the games start. The security lines at YS have become unbearable. The yanks issues is clearly more than security as it has happened since the new stadium and those stupid seats opened, but it only adds to it.
    i'm pretty sure price might have something to do with it as well. How much do they usually go for?
    JK_Livin said:

I'd like to watch it. I'm behind on Fargo, Better Call Saul and The Americans. It's tough to keep up and these 10pm shows aren't as easy to stay up for as they used to be.
    previews look good. i haven't seen in an episode yet though. what channel is it on again?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139

pjhawks said:

i'm pretty sure price might have something to do with it as well. How much do they usually go for?
    JK_Livin said:

previews look good. i haven't seen in an episode yet though. what channel is it on again?
    ifc
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited April 2017
    JK_Livin said:

I hope Altherr can put it together. Such a good looking ball player.

Howie should take all the time he needs getting healthy...

#Phillies' Aaron Altherr when not recovering from wrist injury (2015, 2017):
    184 PAs
    .253 BA
    .344 OBP
    .500 SLG
    .844 OPS
    — schmenkman (@tgpschmenk) April 21, 2017
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    FRANCO!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
    Headed down today, broom in tow.
    chinese-happy.jpg

Enjoy. Glorious day for it.

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

ifc
    oh i don't get ifc :disappointed:

4 in a row now! 3rd place, not too bad.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Looks like we could get at least a couple months of interest from this team, all you can ask for!
    edited April 2017
    So yesterday was cool. Kind of game Tom Emanski would just LOVE.

Eflin was dealing...glad to see Altherr hit a bomb. I was hyping him up to the wife on the way down there and he proceeds to strike out in his first 3 at bats pretty meekly until that shot.

Nola to the DL. Damn it. Kid can't stay healthy. At least it's not his elbow?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    is the NFL draft being held outside? Has that ever happened before?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Starting to look like a team...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    We're a winning team!

Not that I know of. Hectic down here already today. I am not going to the draft but going to take a walk over to check out the set up at lunch. Lot of people I work with heading there tonight. Sounds like it could be a good time, though there are few things in sports I dislike as much as the NFL draft.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

Not that I know of. Hectic down here already today. I am not going to the draft but going to take a walk over to check out the set up at lunch. Lot of people I work with heading there tonight. Sounds like it could be a good time, though there are few things in sports I dislike as much as the NFL draft.
    wasn't the last 2 years in Chicago a similar setup where they were outside with the huge stage?

I get how important the NFL draft is but it really is pretty boring stuff. i can't believe people actually sit there and watch it for hours let alone 3 freaking days of it.
    edited April 2017
    pjhawks said:

wasn't the last 2 years in Chicago a similar setup where they were outside with the huge stage?

I get how important the NFL draft is but it really is pretty boring stuff. i can't believe people actually sit there and watch it for hours let alone 3 freaking days of it.
    Thought it was in a theater in Chicago but I don't pay much attention. Last year it was during be philly shows too, so I paid basically no attention. Yeah I don't get how into it people get. Just tell me who the Giants pick and if it was a good pick. I'll keep an eye on college players I like too. Maybe catch the first few picks then go back to baseball or whatever.

Does sound like it could be fun down there though. Going to have a big open space with beer, food and screens and all.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    I think they had an outside like Philly but the actual draft was indoors. Heading down tomorrow night.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I just hope the whole goddamn thing is one gigantic Boo Fest. I'd go down for that.
    edited April 2017
    Just took a walk down there. Yeah, it is going to be insane. The NFL knows branding, that's for sure. It is a huge area with a lot of stuff. I'd say the grounds are the size of, if not bigger than Made In America.

There was a big crowd there already. A good amount of people were people like me checking it out on lunch but there were a lot of people in jerseys getting settled in for the day/night.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on

I tried my damdest to get a picture of an Eagles ring for you guys, but I couldn't find one
    You couldn't pay me to attend this thing.

Wanted Conley...but now? I guess you can't......

RB, WR, DE, CB ---whomever is their best player available at those positions, take him. Go Birds.

Also, F you Cliff.
    chinese-happy.jpg

I tried my damdest to get a picture of an Eagles ring for you guys, but I couldn't find one

I guess Eli's weren't there because he sold them as "game used"
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

You couldn't pay me to attend this thing.

Wanted Conley...but now? I guess you can't......

RB, WR, DE, CB ---whomever is their best player available at those positions, take him. Go Birds.

Also, F you Cliff.

=)