NBA Thread now in 2015

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    mrussel1 said:

The whole fourth quarter was basically the bench. TT played a little, but they went bench and went small, spreading them out to take the threes. You ride the hot hands I guess.
    The nice thing about this series is that I had forgotten about how much I hated Stephenson. That's all been renewed now.

Stephenson is a modern day Dennis Rodman. How could you NOT like him?!?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600

mrussel1 said:

The whole fourth quarter was basically the bench. TT played a little, but they went bench and went small, spreading them out to take the threes. You ride the hot hands I guess.
    The nice thing about this series is that I had forgotten about how much I hated Stephenson. That's all been renewed now.

I remember Rodman playing hard and doing all the little things on the floor. I don't remember him being a total dick out there. That was Laimbeer's job.
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

I remember Rodman playing hard and doing all the little things on the floor. I don't remember him being a total dick out there. That was Laimbeer's job.
    Ha! I remember Rodman playing against Laimbeer when he was on the Spurs and getting T'd up. I also remember Alonzo Mourning looking at Rodman after a play saying " you're a sick fuck!" and Rodman smiling.

Rodman was always an asshole. That's why I loved the worm!

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Ha! I remember Rodman playing against Laimbeer when he was on the Spurs and getting T'd up. I also remember Alonzo Mourning looking at Rodman after a play saying " you're a sick fuck!" and Rodman smiling.

Rodman was always an asshole. That's why I loved the worm!
    He is definitely a sick fuck.. and I can tell you my mine was blown at Wrigley II when he came out for Black, Red, Yellow.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    65 year old vince carter can still throw it down!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Wobbie said:

I can't believe he's still in the league. I feel like I've been watching this guy since I was like 8 years old (I'm 33 now).

Wobbie said:

I can't believe he's still in the league. I feel like I've been watching this guy since I was like 8 years old (I'm 33 now).
    counting college, you have been.

pau sucks; marc is OK.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I'd like to hear some more on that Cavs game. I haven't been able to hear Paul George's reaction yet but I'm sure he's sick to his stomach.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    The first 22 minutes of the 2nd half, the Pacers scored a grand total of 30 points. 30 freakin points! There was a stretch early in the 4Q I believe (might have been late in the 3rd, idk) where they just let Lebron drive straight to the hoop on 5 straight possessions.

I text one of my friends last night at half time "Pacers up by 25 at the half. Watch em lose by 12."

Bunch of fuckin bums. Fuck Lebron.

The first 22 minutes of the 2nd half, the Pacers scored a grand total of 30 points. 30 freakin points! There was a stretch early in the 4Q I believe (might have been late in the 3rd, idk) where they just let Lebron drive straight to the hoop on 5 straight possessions.

I text one of my friends last night at half time "Pacers up by 25 at the half. Watch em lose by 12."

G.O.A.T..
    or 1A.... enjoy the time watching him. There's only a few years left.
    Rajon out indefinitely. Interesting. I still think they can beat the Celtics in 5, but Washington looks daunting now.
    mrussel1 said:

G.O.A.T..
    Agreed.
    @HesCalledDyer Kobe was never this exciting, Magic, Bird and Jordan were. You should be relishing this. Oh and I wonder if this pisses off George to confront Bird about getting more talent on the team?

Washington found themselves for one game, let's not get crazy.

mrussel1 said:

G.O.A.T..
    Agreed.
    @HesCalledDyer Kobe was never this exciting, Magic, Bird and Jordan were. You should be relishing this. Oh and I wonder if this pisses off George to confront Bird about getting more talent on the team?

I know he's very talented (not the greatest of all-time however) but I don't like him. I'll be glad when he retires.

mrussel1 said:

G.O.A.T..
    Agreed.

I know he's very talented (not the greatest of all-time however) but I don't like him. I'll be glad when he retires.
    Heresy

mrussel1 said:

G.O.A.T..
    Agreed.

Hell I'll bite. Whom is the greatest and who's in your top 5 all-time?

mrussel1 said:

G.O.A.T..
    Agreed.

Jordan's the greatest (couldn't stand him either). Top 5, heck I don't know. I can't even rank Pearl Jam albums. But since I'm on the spot, no particular order, first 5 names that come to mind: Jordan, Russell, Magic, Lebron, Duncan? But hard to leave out Bird, Kareem, Shaq, Wilt, Kobe, Hakeem, & Robertson. Personal favorite all-time player is Reggie followed by Bird, Dirk, The Admiral, & Grandma-ma.

mrussel1 said:

G.O.A.T..
    Agreed.

Jordan's the greatest (couldn't stand him either). Top 5, heck I don't know. I can't even rank Pearl Jam albums. But since I'm on the spot, no particular order, first 5 names that come to mind: Jordan, Russell, Magic, Lebron, Duncan? But hard to leave out Bird, Kareem, Shaq, Wilt, Kobe, Hakeem, & Robertson. Personal favorite all-time player is Reggie followed by Bird, Dirk, The Admiral, & Grandma-ma.
    I agree about Jordan. Lebron is quickly becoming a front runner for me.

Larry Johnson huh? Loved him on UNLV teams. He and Stacy Augmon with Hunt shooting 3's! Now that's old school!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    edited April 2017

mrussel1 said:

G.O.A.T..
    Oh and I wonder if this pisses off George to confront Bird about getting more talent on the team?

Only problem is the only significant way Bird can acquire any decent talent (or very high draft picks) would be to trade George.
    Catch 22 (or would it be a Catch 33 in this case?)
    This weekend we rock Portland

mrussel1 said:

G.O.A.T..
    Agreed.

Larry Johnson huh? Loved him on UNLV teams. He and Stacy Augmon with Hunt shooting 3's! Now that's old school!
    Hated the team, liked Anderson Hunt.. Hated Duke more of course.
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

G.O.A.T..
    Agreed.

Hated the team, liked Anderson Hunt.. Hated Duke more of course.
    I love sports in general and don't have a Fav so to speak in college hoops. I rooted for UNLV, Duke, NC, St Joes, and Georgetown when Zo, Motumbo and Iverson were on their respected teams.

Loved Big country, Tractor Trailer, Chris Jackson(Abdul-Rahouf) and every other high profile rookie the last 15 years!
    Big Country Bryant Reeves!! That guy was awesome.

I can't remember if it was him or Ostertag that got slapped in the face by Shaq?

I can't remember if it was him or Ostertag that got slapped in the face by Shaq?
    Ostertag. Only reason I remember that is when Shaq got in the twitter battle with Jim Rome after Rome said he had no legacy.
    "If he doesn't want to get Ostertagged, he better watch it!"

Ostertag. Only reason I remember that is when Shaq got in the twitter battle with Jim Rome after Rome said he had no legacy.
    Ha! Rome is one person that doesn't shut up. Remember when Jim Everett trounced him!

Ha! Rome is one person that doesn't shut up. Remember when Jim Everett trounced him!
    Haha, yep. Much deserved! I watched it when it first aired.

Uh.. you mean Chrissy?

mrussel1 said:

G.O.A.T..
    Agreed.

Lived in vegas at that time. It was nuts. 1987 team was pretty good, too. Now, they're such shit they can't even attract a coach.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

mrussel1 said:

G.O.A.T..
    Agreed.
    @HesCalledDyer Kobe was never this exciting, Magic, Bird and Jordan were. You should be relishing this.
    I totally get not "relishing" this. If you don't like the guy, you don't like the guy.

I loved barry bonds and he should have been "relished" but I understand why he wasn't. the best players are the most hated.

speaking of which, certain Warriors are getting pretty full of themselves :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

mrussel1 said:

G.O.A.T..
    Agreed.
    @HesCalledDyer Kobe was never this exciting, Magic, Bird and Jordan were. You should be relishing this.
    I totally get not "relishing" this. If you don't like the guy, you don't like the guy.

I loved barry bonds and he should have been "relished" but I understand why he wasn't. the best players are the most hated.

speaking of which, certain Warriors are getting pretty full of themselves :angry:
    Bonds is a different issue altogether.

Think of it as watching Griffey..
    mrussel1 said:

Wobbie said:

mrussel1 said:

G.O.A.T..
    Agreed.

Bonds is a different issue altogether.

Think of it as watching Griffey..
    Bonds was an absolute TREASURE to watch play. I tell people that he is hands down, without a doubt the best ball player I've ever seen play. He single handedly almost beat the Angels in the world series... And I'm an Angels fan.

Hey e'rybody! Thanks for the discussion on here. I truly am enjoying it.

Without Rondo the Bulls fell apart tonight!