Red Hot Chili Peppers

Comments

• Well damn ^ now I really can't wait for tomorrow night

Have fun! I been waffling for weeks and finally decided not to go.
    I'm through with screaming
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368

Well damn ^ now I really can't wait for tomorrow night

I was in the same boat. finally caved on saturday. With a $68 ticket, couldn't pass up the oppurtunity.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Well damn ^ now I really can't wait for tomorrow night

I was in the same boat. finally caved on saturday. With a $68 ticket, couldn't pass up the oppurtunity.
    I had been monitoring the tix for a while but just couldn't pull the trigger. I can see the arena from my office so that makes me feel worse. Middle of the week shows are just too hard.
    Well, that was quite the evening! Amazing in so many ways and I am so glad I went.

Flea is a madman! I love that dude. Josh just murdered his guitar the whole night, it was a beautiful sight. My highlights were: Aeroplane, Suck My Kiss, Goodbye Angels (performed to perfection and better than studio version, rocks so hard and is quickly becoming a favorite of all time by them) AND i can't believe they played it... but they did and im still in awe... DONT FORGET ME. What a beautiful freaking song and even better live.

Honorary mentions to Sick Love and Hey. Really cool songs that I never expected to hear live.

With their energy I understand the shorter shows, but just two more songs I think would have made it perfection.

Oh yeah, the lights were cool too lol.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170

Well, that was quite the evening! Amazing in so many ways and I am so glad I went.

Flea is a madman! I love that dude. Josh just murdered his guitar the whole night, it was a beautiful sight. My highlights were: Aeroplane, Suck My Kiss, Goodbye Angels (performed to perfection and better than studio version, rocks so hard and is quickly becoming a favorite of all time by them) AND i can't believe they played it... but they did and im still in awe... DONT FORGET ME. What a beautiful freaking song and even better live.

Honorary mentions to Sick Love and Hey. Really cool songs that I never expected to hear live.

With their energy I understand the shorter shows, but just two more songs I think would have made it perfection.

I'm with you on the 2 more songs sentiment. The show felt just a tad incomplete, but still awesome. I know Anthony's had a lot of issues with his feet for awhile now. I'm amazed at how much all these guys still jump, though.Nice looking setlist! Congrats on Aeroplane, Don't Forget Me and Hey! Oh, and Chad Smith has got to have a record for distance with the drumstick toss, too!
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217

Don't Forget Me.....Wow!!!! I'll bet that was amazing, and you're right it truly is a beautiful song. Nice setlist. And Josh indeed is a guitar murderer..lol. He straight up kills it. And I gotta say, he trips me out with his sudden bursts of herky jerky, spaz outs across stage. :lol:

I'm with you on the 2 more songs sentiment. The show felt just a tad incomplete, but still awesome. I know Anthony's had a lot of issues with his feet for awhile now. I'm amazed at how much all these guys still jump, though.Nice looking setlist! Congrats on Aeroplane, Don't Forget Me and Hey! Oh, and Chad Smith has got to have a record for distance with the drumstick toss, too!
    Those drumstick tosses were no joke.
  • Well, that was quite the evening! Amazing in so many ways and I am so glad I went.

Flea is my fave but Chad runs a close second. Glad it was a good show! I heard they mentioned the Women's Basketball team?
    Yeah Flea mentioned the womens basketball team and then thornwell twice. It really was great. I was shocked at the number of people who sat through the whole show in my section.

Do they put out bootlegs for their shows?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888

Yeah Flea mentioned the womens basketball team and then thornwell twice. It really was great. I was shocked at the number of people who sat through the whole show in my section.

Yes, bootlegs can be found here: http://livechilipeppers.com/
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    Damn I can't wait for Monday night in Jacksonville
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    LukinFan said:

Damn I can't wait for Monday night in Jacksonville

You're in for a treat.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Yeah Flea mentioned the womens basketball team and then thornwell twice. It really was great. I was shocked at the number of people who sat through the whole show in my section.

very cool! (about Thornwell, not about people sitting. That blows)
    The Raleigh show is available for purchase now!
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    edited May 2017
    For anyone that went to a show, what time have they been taking the stage? 
    I can't remember when they went on in Jacksonville - maybe 9:15? but the first opener (Jack Irons) went on about 30 minutes earlier than the show time was listed. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:
    I can't remember when they went on in Jacksonville - maybe 9:15? but the first opener (Jack Irons) went on about 30 minutes earlier than the show time was listed. 

Thanks! Show time as in the time listed on the ticket? Just trying to figure this out because of my job.
    LukinFan said:

Thanks! Show time as in the time listed on the ticket? Just trying to figure this out because of my job.
    Yeah, I'm not 1005, but I think the ticket said 8:00 (or that might had been on the venue's website). Either way, I'd be in my seat by 7:30 to see Jack Irons.  Flea introduced him.

Has anyone seen the 2nd opener on this tour - BABYMETAL? Possibly the strangest live performance that I've ever seen.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    ^ doesn't do the song justice imo. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited May 2017
    Okay it's been over a month and they're still my go to right now. What a great show in Vancouver.

Geeking out... I looked at their tour stats. Slow Cheetah never been played. NEVER. Especially in Michigan has been played one... ONE... time live. Strip My Mind 20X.

WTF? Those songs are unreal.

And the covers they've done are awesome.

Great band. Wanna see them again soon.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    ^ I'm so glad someone else cares about Slow Cheetah. Such a cool song....never once live? That's unfortunate. And what are they waiting for with Especially in Michigan?? That song absolutely kicks *ss!  Killer bass and the guitar solo is mind blowing.
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Atleast they still play Wet Sand once in a blue moon!
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

^ True dat! That was an epic moment.
    Okay it's been over a month and they're still my go to right now. What a great show in Vancouver.

Geeking out... I looked at their tour stats. Slow Cheetah never been played. NEVER. Especially in Michigan has been played one... ONE... time live. Strip My Mind 20X.

Stadium Arcadium is so awesome. Their greatest work IMO.
  • Okay it's been over a month and they're still my go to right now. What a great show in Vancouver.

Not only 'their' greatest work... but one of 'music's' greatest pieces of work.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

Not only 'their' greatest work... but one of 'music's' greatest pieces of work.

Agreed. One of my all time favorite albums.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    I think their new album is up there with Stadium....amazing that they still put out that kind of material
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    I've got a bunch of shows from the SA Tour and John's playing was almost otherworldly on that Tour. So good. I know they never played "Especially In Michigan" because they would've needed a 2nd guitarist. Why they didn't play it once Josh joined the Tour in 2007 is beyond me, though. 
    ^ Josh or Fru would have nailed Omar's part. That would have been amazing to see a Fru/Josh/Flea throw down to that song back then.