Iran Deal, the reset.....

Comments

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    rgambs said:

It's been almost a year, did Iran "break out"?
    Do they have enough fissile material to build a nuclear warhead??
    Wasn't their breakout time months away when the deal shut down the majority of centrifuges?
    Your welcome, Israel lol

depends on whom you ask.

fox news won't talk about it because their boy cotton looks like a moron right now.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Tom Cotton is an out and out psychopath whose only excuse must be PTSD.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mrussel1 said:

And with that attack your credibility is gone.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Whatever you think. He's a war monger and bigot. He makes Trump look tolerant.

You should move to the redneck south and let him rep you, rather than your comfy Canada.

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

You should move to the redneck south and let him rep you, rather than your comfy Canada.

Wow. I really thought you were one of the rational ones.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

I am, but Cotton is irrational. I'm a moderate and a centrist. I can deal with most POV, but Cotton is a true regressive in my mind. He and Jim Imhofe are cut from the same cloth. Sometimes I know these guys are just pandering to the least common denominator, but Cotton is serious in his over the top aggressive war stance, anti climate, and anti-gay stance. On the climate, he bizarrely believes in global warming, but wants 'the market' to fix it. That makes zero sense. How can you trust capitalists to address an environmental issue when it's naturally NPV negative for 20 years at least? It's a contradictory solution and tells me he is a partisan hack.

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

I am, but Cotton is irrational. I'm a moderate and a centrist. I can deal with most POV, but Cotton is a true regressive in my mind. He and Jim Imhofe are cut from the same cloth. Sometimes I know these guys are just pandering to the least common denominator, but Cotton is serious in his over the top aggressive war stance, anti climate, and anti-gay stance. On the climate, he bizarrely believes in global warming, but wants 'the market' to fix it. That makes zero sense. How can you trust capitalists to address an environmental issue when it's naturally NPV negative for 20 years at least? It's a contradictory solution and tells me he is a partisan hack.

There is nothing rational, moderate or centrist about the phrase "out and out psychopath". There is nothing rational, moderate or centrist about making light of PTSD. There is nothing rational, moderate or centrist about tarnishing your ideological opponent by labeling him a "war monger and a bigot". There is nothing rational, moderate or centrist about referring to his home state as the "redneck south".

People claim they want to see an end to partisan hackery but the above only fans the flames.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

There is nothing rational, moderate or centrist about the phrase "out and out psychopath". There is nothing rational, moderate or centrist about making light of PTSD. There is nothing rational, moderate or centrist about tarnishing your ideological opponent by labeling him a "war monger and a bigot". There is nothing rational, moderate or centrist about referring to his home state as the "redneck south".

People claim they want to see an end to partisan hackery but the above only fans the flames.
    Sounds like you're fairly PC. Sorry you're offended by my digs at Tom Cotton. I'm not apologizing for them. I'm not making light of his PTSD, but that would be the only excuse for his extremist, irrational positions on the key issues. And again, since you're a Canadian, you've probably never spent substantial time in Old Dixie. Democrats that live down there know exactly what they're surrounded by, I know I did when I lived in FL and now I live in VA which still has those roots. I'd be a-okay if they all give in to the 'lost cause' mentality and tried to form their own country again. But I suspect since Dixie receives far and away more federal assistance than the blue states, that's probably not happening anytime soon.

If you'd like to debate Tom Cotton's positions, I'd be happy to do it. If you're just going to be offended because I don't like the junior senator from Arkansas, well sorry about that.

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Sounds like you're fairly PC. Sorry you're offended by my digs at Tom Cotton. I'm not apologizing for them. I'm not making light of his PTSD, but that would be the only excuse for his extremist, irrational positions on the key issues. And again, since you're a Canadian, you've probably never spent substantial time in Old Dixie. Democrats that live down there know exactly what they're surrounded by, I know I did when I lived in FL and now I live in VA which still has those roots. I'd be a-okay if they all give in to the 'lost cause' mentality and tried to form their own country again. But I suspect since Dixie receives far and away more federal assistance than the blue states, that's probably not happening anytime soon.

If you'd like to debate Tom Cotton's positions, I'd be happy to do it. If you're just going to be offended because I don't like the junior senator from Arkansas, well sorry about that.

I don't take any offense at all and it is within your right not to apologize but from my perspective you no longer get to claim that you are centrist, moderate and rational. I might have never spent time in "old dixie" but I do know that Arkansas was a democratic stronghold only until a short while ago. Blanch Lincoln and Mark Pryor were democratic senators for the state that both lost relection. They didn't lose because the citizens woke up one day and decide to elect "warmongers and bigots". They lost because the democratic party and it's supporters such as yourself stopped being centrist, moderate and rational.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

I don't take any offense at all and it is within your right not to apologize but from my perspective you no longer get to claim that you are centrist, moderate and rational. I might have never spent time in "old dixie" but I do know that Arkansas was a democratic stronghold only until a short while ago. Blanch Lincoln and Mark Pryor were democratic senators for the state that both lost relection. They didn't lose because the citizens woke up one day and decide to elect "warmongers and bigots". They lost because the democratic party and it's supporters such as yourself stopped being centrist, moderate and rational.
    Negative, and that shows your ignorance (I don't mean that in the derogatory term) of the Solid South and the slow process of Republicanizing (tm) that has occurred since the Southern Strategy started by Nixon in 68. The local races and the senators were teh last ones to go down and AR was one of the last states to go down, but it has nothing to do with centrists and moderates. The Dem party is far more centrist and less beholden to social programs today than it was in the 70's and 80's, when there were still Republicans in the northeast, and Democrats in the South. Now there's neither.

And being a centrist means I'm socially liberal and economically moderate. It doesn't mean I don't have strong opinions and suffer fools lightly. And Tom Cotton is a fucking fool. And there's plenty of times when I think Elizabeth Warren is a fool; however, her foolishness isn't as dangerous.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Is it your contention that war mongers and bigots don't exist, or that Tom Cotton isn't a war monger or bigot?
    Either way, you don't have much of a case to make, but please go ahead and try.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    Given Cotton is a veteran officer fromn the iraq debacle , its entirely rational AND logical to think he may be suffering to some degree from PTSD. Thats an acknowledgement of a very real possibilty.

Cotton own statements and actions can rationally lead one to think he is a war monger etc.

Dont delude yourself in thinking he is actually representling the good people of Arkansas. He isnt.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

As if you're an authority on credibility. Got a link to your credentials? Jeesh.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • BS44325 said:
    Ooooooooooo, is the storm coming?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    edited March 2017
    So has 'ol Rexy Boy withdrawn the US from this poor deal yet? Has good 'ol boy Rick Perry reformulated America's nuclear posture and where's Trump damning his Russian ally Iran? Does Iran have the bomb yet? They were within nine to twelve months away about eighteen months ago. Oops. More brilliance on display.
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on

Brilliantati©
    edited April 2017
    Seems like the Trump Administration has reported to congress that Iran is in compliance. Yea, Obama's team was incompetent. But now we have the brilliance of Rick Perry to renegotiate. I feel so secure in that knowledge.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/04/19/trump-administration-grudgingly-faces-reality-on-the-iran-nuclear-deal/?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-a:homepage/story&utm_term=.d97bc23874c0

Brilliantati©
    Because they are in compliance doesn't necessarily mean it it is a good deal. It is not hard to comply with something where the compliance obligations are minimal.
    BS44325 said:

Because they are in compliance doesn't necessarily mean it it is a good deal. It is not hard to comply with something where the compliance obligations are minimal.

Don't forget this was a multilateral agreement. The other countries that were needed to sign on would only do so if the deal was limited to nuclear weapons. All other topics were off the table.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Don't forget this was a multilateral agreement. The other countries that were needed to sign on would only do so if the deal was limited to nuclear weapons. All other topics were off the table.
    Actually a lot of the deal has still been kept secret. Recall cash changing hands on tarmacs. Hopefully once the review is completed details can be made public.
    BS44325 said:

The time when they would have had enough fissile materials for a nuclear weapon passed already. They didn't "break out".
    They are running far fewer centrifuges, and they don't seem to be cheating, so far.

It's time to suck it up and admit this deal beats the pants off the non-solutions that it supplanted.
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

The time when they would have had enough fissile materials for a nuclear weapon passed already. They didn't "break out".
    They are running far fewer centrifuges, and they don't seem to be cheating, so far.

It's time to suck it up and admit this deal beats the pants off the non-solutions that it supplanted.
    Don't forget about the mullahs using all that new cash to prop up their regime, fund terrorism, hezbollah, and Assad. It sure beats the pants off the non-solutions.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Actually a lot of the deal has still been kept secret. Recall cash changing hands on tarmacs. Hopefully once the review is completed details can be made public.
    I think you know these were frozen Iranian assets and a part of the deal. There was no secret to that.
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Don't forget about the mullahs using all that new cash to prop up their regime, fund terrorism, hezbollah, and Assad. It sure beats the pants off the non-solutions.
    A nuclear Iran sounds better? They were funding terrorism before. It's not as if this was new.
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Yeah, it does. I recall a whole chorus of crickets when Democrats all across the nation asked what better solutions conservatives had.
    Continue with the sanctions that weren't working, start a war... non-solutions
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

Yeah, it does. I recall a whole chorus of crickets when Democrats all across the nation asked what better solutions conservatives had.
    Continue with the sanctions that weren't working, start a war... non-solutions
    their solution was to put their fingers in their ears and scream "noooooo!!!!" all while trying to sabotage the only idea that had been presented.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

A nuclear Iran sounds better? They were funding terrorism before. It's not as if this was new.
    You're right. This deal will turn out perfect. Just like the North Korean deal of the 90's or just like the Syrian deal on chemical weapons where 100% of the weapons were removed. To see all of you defend the Iran deal with seemingly a straight face while Assad gasses his own people and the North Koreans develop long range missle technology is beyond absurd. All the Iran deal did was strenghten the mullahs, top them up with cash, and kick the can down the road. Heckuva job Barry.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

You're right. This deal will turn out perfect. Just like the North Korean deal of the 90's or just like the Syrian deal on chemical weapons where 100% of the weapons were removed. To see all of you defend the Iran deal with seemingly a straight face while Assad gasses his own people and the North Koreans develop long range missle technology is beyond absurd. All the Iran deal did was strenghten the mullahs, top them up with cash, and kick the can down the road. Heckuva job Barry.
    So what's your solution? More nation building? Nuclear annihilation? It's easy to be against something, much harder to accomplish something.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

So what's your solution? More nation building? Nuclear annihilation? It's easy to be against something, much harder to accomplish something.
    The solution is victory.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

The solution is victory.
    Okay, good plan Donald. Brilliant. That was our plan in Korea and Vietnam too.