Eddie Makes the Washington Post Crossword Puzzle Today

HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,311
I subscribe online and to my surprise, Pearl Jam frontman Vedder was one of the clues. He's bonafide.
TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
www.UNOS.org
Donate Organs and Save a Life

Comments

• SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    :)
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    one of my VP's came up to me and said "did you see the crossword in the Winnipeg Sun today?". having already seen this thread, I said "Eddie Vedder in it?". I guess multiple papers use the same crossword?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,311
    Being successful and famous is a great accomplishment in itself, but making a crossword puzzle is the ultimate.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 2,978
    There is a puzzle distributed by Tribune Content that appears in numerous papers, including the Los Angeles Times and New York Post, but I thought the Washington Post used its own puzzle. Maybe WaPo just uses its own puzzle on Sundays?

(Full disclosure: I'm a competitive crossword puzzler who finished in the top 25 at the national tournament this year, but I don't know nearly as much about the distribution of these puzzles as most of the other top puzzlers. Maybe one of them is a Pearl Jam fan and can clarify my limited info.)
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,311
    edited April 2017
    Copyright: 2017 Tribune Content Agency, LLC.at the bottom of the daily selection. I only have the online subscription. The newspaper might be different.
    I also subscribe to the NYT, but their Xwords are an added subscription.
    Congrats on the Top 25. When I worked, I did the Times puzzle regularly. But since being retired, my brain's gone to mush.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 2,978
    Thanks. I actually did the ACPT for the first time right after retiring, and I finished in the top 100. The next year, I made the top 50. The third year-- this year-- I made the top 25. So there's hope for you yet!

I only do puzzles on paper, so I don't have any insight into the online subscriptions.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.