I'm high on marijuana RIGHT NOW!!

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244

Weed sex doesn't sound any better than regular hot sex.

mushroom sex, however, is a freaking trip.
    That seems like it would be tough...for at least the first couple of hours....
    Come the "chill phase", maybe. Even then, I'd much prefer to just sit there. hahahaha!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mca47 said:

Weed sex doesn't sound any better than regular hot sex.

mushroom sex, however, is a freaking trip.
    That seems like it would be tough...for at least the first couple of hours....
    Come the "chill phase", maybe. Even then, I'd much prefer to just sit there. hahahaha!
    the eyes of my girlfriend at the time went all Large Marge on me. it was freaky. she couldn't stop laughing (at that, I SWEAR) and agreed to put a pillow over her head until it was over.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I think some would be surprised at how many parents smoke with their (adult) children.

Nice to see the stigma slowly being removed, and the many benefits gaining recognition and acceptance (hopefully more quickly than not).
    hedonist said:

I think some would be surprised at how many parents smoke with their (adult) children.

Nice to see the stigma slowly being removed, and the many benefits gaining recognition and acceptance (hopefully more quickly than not).

I doubt I'd be progressive enough to do that. I didn't even have a beer in front of my parents until probably my mid-20's after I moved out. it just seemed....weird.....one day being a kid and the next day regailing in happy hour.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

hedonist said:

I doubt I'd be progressive enough to do that. I didn't even have a beer in front of my parents until probably my mid-20's after I moved out. it just seemed....weird.....one day being a kid and the next day regailing in happy hour.
    I shared many a glass of wine (and a few scotches) with my dad while underage. He passed not knowing just how often I smoke.

On the other hand, once my mom tried to get me to take some of her pain meds for my back, I had NO qualms telling her I'll use pot over pills any day =)

Probably going to get her some edibles on my next dispensary visit, too.
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

I shared many a glass of wine (and a few scotches) with my dad while underage. He passed not knowing just how often I smoke.

On the other hand, once my mom tried to get me to take some of her pain meds for my back, I had NO qualms telling her I'll use pot over pills any day =)

Probably going to get her some edibles on my next dispensary visit, too.
    my parents love to imbibe, and they were born in 48, which makes them the perfect age during the hippie movement. my dad said he tried weed once at a party and hated it, my mom says she's never tried it and never wants to. they have this stigma attached to it. they know i do. it's just not talked about.

my wife, when we were dating, smoked and ate shrooms like nobody's business. since we had kids, she wants nothing to do with it. i don't understand what changed. she has this idea that doing that stuff is immature and 'not what parents do' (but will drink like crazy at a party when the mood strikes). so the idea of, not only my kids knowing i smoke, but smoking with them, is totally a different dimension at this point.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    My parents are anti-pot.. so out of respect, I just don't let them know I smoke. However, with his FIRST bout of cancer, ( the liver cancer) my dad smoked so he could remain in his own skin/eat.. at that point, everyone of us but my stepmom/Mom smoked. We'd have"family meetings " in the garage. Lol
    My Biological mother smoked like a freight train.. pot and cigarettes.. it was super expensive.. with her.. we had to hide our pot.. or take it with us.. we gave her rations, or she'd smoke all of it.. she also smoked Crack and Meth.. she was super infamous for putting a rock of Crack on top of her bud.. ( remember I told you guys we smoked $100 worth of Crack once her funeral etc was over? We found that tucked inside the paper lining of one of the dog food bags). So yes I have smoked with my parents.. no more though.. lol
    edited April 2017
    I remember when pot became legal for recreational use out here, and we were driving home from Pueblo, ( about 45 minutes out from here, ) after having made our first legal pot purchase in front of cops and everything.. and I remember thinking.. how much my bio-mom would have celebrated that day.. she died 7 years too early..
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    hedonist said:

My son turned 21 last Friday. I took him to the shop for the first time and we came home and did dabs.
    #FHP
    Horos said:

hedonist said:

My son turned 21 last Friday. I took him to the shop for the first time and we came home and did dabs.
    Sweet! Though I have yet to dab :blush:

The whole experience must be quite bonding, maybe moreso for your son to see his father in a different light. Doesn't even need to be about weed...just the sharing of a new experience.

My place has several specials going on tomorrow, so there I shall be, money in hand and smile on my face.

....Tree, I think many who are gone would have celebrated, partaken, and received some respite from whatever ailed them.

Oh, and to those who watch Viceland:

http://deadline.com/2017/03/viceland-weed-week-weediquette-bong-appetit-desus-mero-1202054805/
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    It's absolutely, ridiculously, bat shit crazy that people look down on weed and then turn around and imbibe alcohol until they can barely walk, talk, and function the next day.
    I will never understand.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

It's absolutely, ridiculously, bat shit crazy that people look down on weed and then turn around and imbibe alcohol until they can barely walk, talk, and function the next day.
    I will never understand.

Pot over alcohol any day!! I agree on this 100%!
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    rgambs said:

I will never understand.

Same here. Another thing, alcoholics can die from withdrawal. I've known people that HAVE to drink or they literally can't function. I've had to abstain for a Dr's appointment and can smoke later today, but the worst thing that's happened is that I've been mildly irritated during traffic.
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Horos said:

hedonist said:

Nice! I have 2 adult children, and have smoked with my son on a few occasions (my daughter doesn't smoke), and enjoy adult beverages from time to time with both of them. I'm glad the stigma is going away. It is nice living in a recreational state, where sharing a bowl is no different than sharing a pitcher.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    rgambs said:

I will never understand.

my sister's estranged husband is currently living in his van (and shitting in the street-I kid you not) because his fiance kicked him out for failing to get help for his outrageous alcoholism. his 8 year old son tells us he knows his dad is lying to him when he says he will come over, bring gifts, do this, do that.

never heard of a pothead digging that type of hole.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    What's a dab?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    dankind said:

What's a dab?

I believe it's a concentrated, sticky oil THC extraction glob.
    edited April 2017
    dankind said:

What's a dab?

It is basically smoking concentrates. Here's a good backgrounder on dabbing and concentrates.
    What Is Dabbing and How Do Dabs Work?
    I really don't enjoy it at all. The taste and smell sucks to me. I prefer flower. But I have friends who only dab these days.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I think the resulting coughing fit might kill me.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Yup, that's the least enjoyable part of it for me, beyond the smell. No bueno. I can smoke cigs, joints, pipes with no issue, but do not like dabs at all. They wreck me.
    jeffbr said:

dankind said:

Yup, that's the least enjoyable part of it for me, beyond the smell. No bueno. I can smoke cigs, joints, pipes with no issue, but do not like dabs at all. They wreck me.
    A little dab'll do ya!

I prefer flower as well, never dabbed. I do like the pens we have, but there is no need for that shit to be flavored.

I'm prone to coughing as well. It was a bit embarrassing at my dispensary when the vape rep offered me a few tokes and I took in waaaay too much.
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Remind you of anyone? :lol:

• RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716

Guessing there are a few of us here guilty of that... :whistle:

Looking forward to visiting my place of zen tomorrow.
    hedonist said:

Guilty as well! Is your place of zen your blissed state of mind, or your dispensary?

Anybody have any good 4/20 deals going on? I just got a call from my wife who went to our favorite rec store today for some 4/20 specials, and she picked up 11.5 grams for $55. 3 different 8th's plus a $5 gram (for being one of the first 100 customers today). Got a frequent flyer discount which brought the price down to $55. Not bad! Looking forward to a pre-4/20 sampling of the goods tonight.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    jeffbr said:

hedonist said:

Guilty as well! Is your place of zen your blissed state of mind, or your dispensary?

Anybody have any good 4/20 deals going on? I just got a call from my wife who went to our favorite rec store today for some 4/20 specials, and she picked up 11.5 grams for $55. 3 different 8th's plus a $5 gram (for being one of the first 100 customers today). Got a frequent flyer discount which brought the price down to $55. Not bad! Looking forward to a pre-4/20 sampling of the goods tonight.
    Dang-O! Get it!

We only smoke about a gram a week so when we have 3 varieties (as we do now) it's because we never finished the last batch we have had for months lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    jeffbr said:

hedonist said:

Yes =)

http://zenweho.com/

That is a great deal your wife got! My place is a bit pricier, but I love it - the staff, security, variety, customers...plus they're pet-friendly and generous with samples.

Going tomorrow for my usual purchases, and looking forward to some nice freebies!

Going to try to get to my dispensary tomorrow.. see if I can get some deals.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I actually prefer the taste of dabs to flowers but they get you really high.

I have 28 different strains for tomorrow. I have a little get together every year and we try as many as we can.
    #FHP