Options

10C Please announce the Eddie Vedder US Tour Dates ASAP !!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Blacksheep76Blacksheep76 Houston, TX Posts: 167
    Hoping for ACL in October.
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I see how people think that there could be a solo tour, or more festival dates scheduled around the existing shows, but I'm slightly skeptical for 2 reasons:

Chicago Cubs regular season winds down in September, and wraps up October 1. MLB playoffs begin October 3 (around the time ACL kicks off), and the World Series will be weeks later (around Voodoo). EV went to Cubs games late last season, and was almost a permanent fixture during the playoffs last year. I doubt that he'd book shows during a possible playoff run. Additional September dates seem more likely, but...

neither Glen Hansard or Liam Finn are currently listed as performers for the Pilgrimage or Bourbon fests. It seems likely that (at least) 1 of the 2 festivals would have picked up EV's touring partner if they were still hanging around in the states.

• Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509

DPrival78 said:

two things would be great:
    1. a tour annoucement
    2. a promise by all attending to not act like these are pearl jam shows

mwplum said:

^^3. And a promise not to yell "I love you Eddie" (or anything) at every quiet moment during the show

Yes and yes! Nothing more annoying than those few assholes who think they're EV's best friends at a show. If you can't respect the artist's wishes to behave and not yell out, stay the hell home! No one came to hear you!
    Why is it always a bunch of bros yelling "I love you Eddie" anyway?
    Couldn't agree more...last time we saw EV was at the three Sydney shows in 2014 (2 at the State Theatre and 1 at the Opera House). The first two were bad with the yelling, but the Opera House was the absolute worst. There was a woman about 5 rows ahead of us that yelled "I love you Eddie" in the most shrill nasal voice I've ever heard. Over and over, after every song and (even more frustratingly) during quiet parts of songs. We get it lady, now shut the f+++ up! Here we were, half way around the world, in one of the most spectacular venues, seeing our favourite artist, and this woman was killing it for everyone.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,236

Riot Fest maybe? Lineup out tomorrow

Perhaps
  • Options
    KP278376KP278376 Posts: 42
    JojoRice said:

He's hitting Tennesee and Kentucky here in the south. Maybe we can get a show here in Georgia!

I am guessing he'll do a festival tour (why no announcement, he has to wait for each tour to reveal their lineup) and thinking Music Midtown will be right smack in the middle of this....
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359

Riot Fest maybe? Lineup out tomorrow

Nope
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,928
    KP278376 said:

JojoRice said:

He's hitting Tennesee and Kentucky here in the south. Maybe we can get a show here in Georgia!

I am guessing he'll do a festival tour (why no announcement, he has to wait for each tour to reveal their lineup) and thinking Music Midtown will be right smack in the middle of this....
    Good call. Forgot about Music Midtown. Would prefer a non festival show but I'd settle for Music Midtown.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640

Hoping for ACL in October.

Hard to picture a timeslot for him there. Especially these days. Maybe the 3rd biggest stage at 7pm? I was always picturing what his Jazzfest headlining slot wouldve been. Just a guy with a guitar and a sea of people.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Midtown Music Festival is usually the weekend before Pilgrimage/Bourbon... makes sense to me... any other September festivals out there?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    3days said:

I see how people think that there could be a solo tour, or more festival dates scheduled around the existing shows, but I'm slightly skeptical for 2 reasons:

Chicago Cubs regular season winds down in September, and wraps up October 1. MLB playoffs begin October 3 (around the time ACL kicks off), and the World Series will be weeks later (around Voodoo). EV went to Cubs games late last season, and was almost a permanent fixture during the playoffs last year. I doubt that he'd book shows during a possible playoff run. Additional September dates seem more likely, but...

neither Glen Hansard or Liam Finn are currently listed as performers for the Pilgrimage or Bourbon fests. It seems likely that (at least) 1 of the 2 festivals would have picked up EV's touring partner if they were still hanging around in the states.

Well, if the first 2 weeks of the season are any indication, the Cubs won't have to worry about October baseball.
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    my2hands said:

Midtown Music Festival is usually the weekend before Pilgrimage/Bourbon... makes sense to me... any other September festivals out there?

Loufest in St. Louis, but same weekend as Ohana.