PEARL JAM: REISSUE YOUR CATALOG ON VINYL

12346»

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    mace1229 said:

There's been a rumor of June 30 for re-release. Translaiton goes with that.
    But my thoughts are if it is official and not another bootleg, wouldnt 10c announce it before some foreign country starts taking pre-orders?

But I've always agreed with the previous post. Even bootleg vinyl is going for $80, they could easily squash that market. I could see not re-issuing Benny because it was limited, but why not everything else? It would sell, at least enough to make it worth while.

I imagine we'll get releases of (at a minimum) the remaining studio albums (Binaurual, Riot Act, and Avacado). I think the only reason it took so long for Yield/No Code to get a re-release is they originally wanted to keep the box sets going. I'm guessing they gave up on that so we'll see the other albums get repressed (maybe even on that rumoured date in June). I'm not sure if they'll go back and start doing the non-studio onces. Lo2L and Lost Dogs? Maybe? I kind of doubt they'll reissue RVM as it's only a greatest hits, but I could see Lo2L and LD get reissues.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I think if they were coming out on 6/30, we would have had preorders by now. NIN has had preorders up for months for their reissues, it seems nowadays preorders are up for a while before they hit stores. Shit, I think I'm waiting on a few I preordered in January. Garcia & grisman shady grove being what I'm thinking of.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited April 2017
    The No Code & Yield reissues were announced in the May 10th newsletter...
    I remember this because we were standing in the merch line for the first Toronto show when these popped up in the store.
    Everyone was placing their orders on their phones!!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    derbydave said:

I remember this because we were standing in the merch line for the first Toronto show when these popped up in the store.

Yep, day before my birthday. A couple nice gifts to myself!
    derbydave said:

When we're they released? How many months for the presale?

derbydave said:

I got my shipping confirmation e-mail on September 1st:

Ten Club LLC
    To derbydave24pj@yahoo.com
    09/01/16 at 7:29 PM
    1 6019-VINYL - 2016 PEARL JAM NO CODE VINYL REISSUE shipped
    Carrier: Mail Innovations

'16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

derbydave said:

derbydave said:

I got my shipping confirmation e-mail on September 1st:

Ten Club LLC
    To derbydave24pj@yahoo.com
    09/01/16 at 7:29 PM
    1 6019-VINYL - 2016 PEARL JAM NO CODE VINYL REISSUE shipped
    Carrier: Mail Innovations

Cool so that was a little over 3 months from preorder announcement to shipping notification. If we get a notification on 5/10, then we're looking at September shipping again. Seems to me like the late June early august release may be just a hopeful rumor. I'm sure I'm wrong as I usually am, but I'm still thinking 20 year reissues, so 2020.
  • SK203708SK203708 Posts: 48
    edited April 2017
    I guess I shouldn't have mentioned "vault" with those reissues :). All I posted were links to german sites who take preorders for the studio-reissues of Binaural (Avocado, Ten, Riot Act) - that's just like posting preorder links to BullMoose or the likes - evidence of what to come (I'm sure amazon.com will list them as well pretty soon). They probably can't make the late june date due to very busy pressing plants, but them being listed on amazon pretty much guarantees a release in the near future (at least some time in 2017) - those aren't Black Cowes reissues ;).

Also, some said that the band will announce it so this must be fake (or to that senitment). Where have I been the last couple of years? I always had the impression that official word was pretty much always later than leaks/preorder-info from other place.

As to the vault: I only said that I hope the studio-reissues won't affect their (already very slow) vault-scheduele. Also: taking 3-months preorders for vaults has nothing to do with studio-album-reissues.
    Post edited by SK203708 on
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    Amazon US took preorders for the Sevens singles boxset and that didn't end well.
    SK203708 said:

I guess I shouldn't have mentioned "vault" with those reissues :). All I posted were links to german sites who take preorders for the studio-reissues of Binaural (Avocado, Ten, Riot Act) - that's just like posting preorder links to BullMoose or the likes - evidence of what to come (I'm sure amazon.com will list them as well pretty soon). They probably can't make the late june date due to very busy pressing plants, but them being listed on amazon pretty much guarantees a release in the near future (at least some time in 2017) - those aren't Black Cowes reissues ;).

Also, some said that the band will announce it so this must be fake (or to that senitment). Where have I been the last couple of years? I always had the impression that official word was pretty much always later than leaks/preorder-info from other place.

As to the vault: I only said that I hope the studio-reissues won't affect their (already very slow) vault-scheduele. Also: taking 3-months preorders for vaults has nothing to do with studio-album-reissues.

I get you, sorry, didn't get all that from your other post. Interesting. Yes I agree that they won't meet that June 30 date and that things leak usually before they're posted, but 10c/pj rumors are common and not always correct too. People were booking hotel rooms for shows that never happened a year or so ago based on a list someone posted from a "trusted source" on fb or somewhere. Not being a Debby downer, just pointing out that there's a ton of speculation always and it's not always correct. I hope the vault doesn't get slowed down too if/with reissues happening.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    As someone else already mentioned, they dont really need to keep doing the big pre-sale parties for the rest of the albums anymore.
    They can simply just reissue them at this point, they already did it for their biggest albums that made them who they are, just make the rest available. No big deal about it.
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    Besides, it is their old record company who is putting these out, not 10 Club.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Gibbon to FlyGibbon to Fly Sussex, UK Posts: 74
    Zod said:

If the band can sell custom to order CD's through Nuggs, can' this be done for Vinyl? Bespoke service, may take a little longer, but you would get your Vault #3, #4 etc in the end.................

Probably not. Nugg's cd's (for the most part) are burned. They don't need to send an order to a pressing plant to get them made. They can burned them in house on the fly and then print the label on the disc, and the sticker for the cardboard sleeve.

With records you have to figure out how many you want, send the order to the pressing plant, wait for them to get pressed, and then a few months later you get your boxes of records. You can't really just keep order 1 record everytime someone wants one... :(

That's why the 10c does preorders for the vaults. That gives them a #, the add a few on for spares, put in the order, and then we get them a few months later.
    I understand that. I should have said that I'm hoping (wishing) that Nuggs would get in on the act, and get their own Vinyl press in house. Just imagine a vinyl copy of any of the shows you wanted...........oh well, I can dream I suppose.

London Wembley Arena 29/05/2000
    Milton Keynes Bowl 11/07/2014

London O2 18/06/2018

London O2 17/07/2018

EV - London Apollo 07/06/2017. Wembley Stadium 06/07/2019.

'Pearl Jam saved me from Hair Metal!!!'

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    derbydave said:

Yep. I was was one of them. Good times! :)
    demetrios said:

derbydave said:

Yep. I was was one of them. Good times! :)
    The BEST of times buddy!! :plus_one: