We are opening a new it's not a tour rumor thread

Comments

• SteffyLouSteffyLou Posts: 369
    Maybe they have footage from 2013 and 2016 and that is the let's play 2? DVD of both Wrigley (13/16)?
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    He says they are "promo pennants".... Guessing this is related to the 2016 Wrigley shows being released.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,364
    PJ-Cubs said:

Weird that there is no city/venue listed. I'm guessing "Let's Play Two" is the title of the Wrigley project, coming to theaters "Summer 2017."

I was thinking something similar. I am guessing that the pennants will be included as part of a Wrigley super deluxe box set

The tenth is right around the corner
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I'd go to Wrigley again....
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,273

kasedoug said:

This post from TSURT was intriguing. "Summer 2017"

What the......
    those are Mets colors! Citi field????
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,925
    This is definitely exciting. Seems like the Wrigley DVD is brewing.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,627
    mr bungle said:

kasedoug said:

What the......
    Yea. Why mets colors for a wrigley release? Who knows lol
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    nicknyr15 said:

mr bungle said:

kasedoug said:

What the......
    Yea. Why mets colors for a wrigley release? Who knows lol
    Those aren't orange and blue :lol:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,344
    edited April 2017

demetrios said:

I saw zero of this anywhere in Barclays. Has to be wrigley!!
    on2legs said:

There was no merch at all at Barclays tonight. And none of these have popped up on eBay either. My guess is summer tour.

"Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,062
    Ed's a man of his word. In my opinion if he said in 14 they'd close the Joe they'll do it. Someone on this forum says he said that. I don't know. But to close the Joe it would have to be approx early August. Interesting that July 29 is open Saturday date at Wrigley. Last time I checked Chicago isn't too far from Detroit. Just saying. These dates would also be right in the middle of the long break between his solo Europe and California shows giving him r&r most of summer. They are HOFers after all.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,344
    kst said:

Ed's a man of his word. In my opinion if he said in 14 they'd close the Joe they'll do it. Someone on this forum says he said that. I don't know. But to close the Joe it would have to be approx early August. Interesting that July 29 is open Saturday date at Wrigley. Last time I checked Chicago isn't too far from Detroit. Just saying. These dates would also be right in the middle of the long break between his solo Europe and California shows giving him r&r most of summer. They are HOFers after all.

I hope you're right but the people of Boise, ID might have other ideas.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    rummy said:

kst said:

man I thought of that show right away! lol.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    kst said:

I'm pretty sure he didn't say he wanted to close it out. All he said was "we'd like to come back for it gets torn down." I think he was just being nice. Like when after shows he likes to say "see you next year" even tho he really means 3-8years lol
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430
    kst said:

They're not closing the Joe
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,592
    kst said:

In 2003, Ed told Alpine Valley, See you next year!. The band didn't come back until PJ 20.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

Alright folks, it's that time again.

Rumor has it that the final event at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit will be a PJ show in 2017. Detroit Red Wings radio broadcaster announced it over the air during a game, and Chelios has said he cannot confirm or deny that and listen to what Eddie said during the 2014 Detroit show.

https://youtu.be/H41nQf66LVw

• Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,484
    edited April 2017
    I mean why would they make PJ summer 17 promos if there is no PJ Summer

If it was something to give out at the Rock Hall then why wouldn't it be specific to that

So maybe we get a few shows

Or more likely they were made for a tour that now won't happen and that's why they were given out last night?

I just convinced myself of the latter
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    They weren't given out last night.
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    edited April 2017
    derbydave said:

They weren't given out last night.

Seems like a silly promo item to give out to friends and family at HOF, but they could have been given out a party to celebrate and not to the 10,000 people that went to the venue. My guess it is for the Wrigley DVD.
    ^Its 100% the Wrigley blu ray.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    rummy said:

kst said:

We'll never not play Boise again! lol.... I thought of the exact same thing as you.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,062
    I listened to the video that was posted. Ed did not say they would close the Joe. He just said it would be great to be invited back before it was torn down. I don't know the Boise history or what he said in that case, but in this case it would appear if they don't come he never said they would. Perhaps he is waiting for someone to invite them...
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • cardosocardoso Porto Alegre-BR Posts: 1,457
    believe in Wrigley dvd
    First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  St. Paul 2, USA 02.09.2023
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I'm bored with the Wrigley dvd already
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    edited April 2017
    my2hands said:

I could care less about a wrigley dvd. If I want to watch a pearl jam show I'll put youtube on my tv and pick from the hundreds out there. I want some shows announced!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,859
    mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

I could care less about a wrigley dvd. If I want to watch a pearl jam show I'll put youtube on my tv and pick from the hundreds out there. I want some shows announced!
    Agreed!!!!! Give us some tour dates!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Spoonman110Spoonman110 Winnipeg Posts: 346
    I'm a bit behind. Did we ever find out the meaning behind the TSURT pennant pic?

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

Ya I really do not get the hype for the Wrigley package. Sure it will be direct footage from the band but I would watch that once and never again probably. Give us some November dates or a time frame for a new album please.
    PJNB said:

mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

Ya I really do not get the hype for the Wrigley package. Sure it will be direct footage from the band but I would watch that once and never again probably. Give us some November dates or a time frame for a new album please.
    I think the hype for Wrigley is because it seems less and less likely that we're getting PJ shows in 2017 as the days go by. A Wrigley package would be the next best thing to a tour announcement or album release. I'd love nothing more than to get news of some shows late in the year, but if it's not happening I'd take something cool to watch/listen to in the meantime.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    edited April 2017
    bbiggs said:

PJNB said:

mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

I think the hype for Wrigley is because it seems less and less likely that we're getting PJ shows in 2017 as the days go by. A Wrigley package would be the next best thing to a tour announcement or album release. I'd love nothing more than to get news of some shows late in the year, but if it's not happening I'd take something cool to watch/listen to in the meantime.
    I want the boots just as much as the next person but I just am not that hyped for the package I guess. I would have rathered the boots released first like the Fenway shows with a disclaimer that they have something bigger planned.
    Post edited by PJNB on