Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: Binaural Round 2

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
edited April 2017 in The Porch
Moving on to Round 2
Evacuation, Soon Forget and Rival eliminated in Round 1.

Again, you are going to pick the song that you think is the "Weakest Link" from the remaining list after a couple days I remove another three (3) songs with the most votes.

We will then move on to Round 3.

The poll will close on Saturday (4/15) at 2:45pm cst.

Poll--The Weakest Link: Binaural Round 2 121 votes

Breakerfall
14%
NewJPagebootlegger10Purex37Peasant Tentsjarkkonieminengiventofly69RS151862Thirty Bills UnpaidbrianluxPJ_SoulMicheyb21rgambsPearl34JamPJNBSandy66KB656988bbiggsgotahardhardhead 18 votes
Gods' Dice
26%
ledveddermanspnooneForce Of NatureSpiritual_ChaostunodamaimookieblalockdannycutzBIGDaddyWilnycratsJimmyVjoberschlakeHesCalledDyerRP112579Kearn5yInLukinsFridgeMerkin Ballerjstu39MRMACPHISTO75SJD3232 32 votes
Thin Air
10%
releaseNYDr. Delightmfc2006tbergspjrussjeff2040riley540joe159bflynn1SmallestOceansJojoRiceeRock10Moody 13 votes
Of The Girl
4%
chinese_nFlying MXZmace1229Kev - Coat and KeysFlamery 5 votes
Grievance
4%
2-feign-reluctanceForiginal SinMedozKbuck502000Sarava23scidoo 6 votes
Sleight Of Hand
15%
mcgruff10igotid88evenflow82hinsey21ComeToTXIndifference71PA JammerKC138045aicbonesdot30Lumpy1661wall232tempo_n_grooverummyAponetylermoorewgbigdeaththispureamericanriot 19 votes
Light Years
4%
my_wavegoldrushPurduePete55BrainofBGAAbe Fromanseanwon 6 votes
Nothing As It Seems
4%
jdopjScreamHello_33JS81606Papjoseph33PJfanwillneverleave1 6 votes
Insignificance
3%
NamiVitalogensiaBLACK35RunIntoTheRain 4 votes
Parting Ways
9%
CantKeepmedownBEnglish017pjpitt89104 years and countingRoeghmannGern Blanstengraham1978mayerdF Me In The Brainpearldavidsonoftenreadingwhypitythedead 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Breakerfall
    No idea why this album gets so much hate. It is pretty solid from start to finish.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Gods' Dice
    Breakerfall better not go out this early!! Absolutely love it! I'll never forget the moment I heard it live for the first time. One of those full-body joy moments that we only get a few of in our lives.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Breakerfall
    Interesting. Voting is very spread out so far this round.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    Thin Air
    From here on out, this will be impossible for me. No idea what to vote for now. Damn this album!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Sleight Of Hand
    Sleight of hand has always bored me to death.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,720
    Breakerfall
    Breaker Fall. I don't hate it (not liking does not equal hate!) - I just don't like it. Not a fan of the song title either. (But I've heard worse.)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Thin Air
    mcgruff10 said:

It's a sit back, close your eyes and let the music flow through you type of experience. That's exactly what I did with this album in college. Come back from the bar, turn the lights down, turn the music up and sit back on the couch.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Gods' Dice
    tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

It's a sit back, close your eyes and let the music flow through you type of experience. That's exactly what I did with this album in college. Come back from the bar, turn the lights down, turn the music up and sit back on the couch.
    This.

My love for SOH came from St. Louis 2003. The line "he waves goodbye to himself" Ed did this John Cena in slow motion motion with his hand and I can still vision it where it's like I could see like vapor trails behind his hand as it moved. It's like I was tripping but I was clean as a whistle. Then I dissected the lyrics more and related it to my situation commuting every day to a terrible job and it just clicked. Great song.
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    tbergs said:

From here on out, this will be impossible for me. No idea what to vote for now. Damn this album!

I'm with you. Might be done voting. I love you, Binaural.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    Breakerfall
    I'm surprised Rival went out first round.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Gods' Dice
    I went with god dice after a bit of a debate but after this it's like picking a favorite child, I won't be able to participate
    Oh totronto 1, I will never forget you

It's ironic bc as soon as I heard god dice I was as happy as I'd ever been at a pj show, I knew I wasn't gonna hear it at philly 2 but a small part of me was all "maybe they'll just......nah"
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    Gods' Dice

Breakerfall better not go out this early!! Absolutely love it! I'll never forget the moment I heard it live for the first time. One of those full-body joy moments that we only get a few of in our lives.

I'm 100% with you!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,013
    edited April 2017
    Gods' Dice

Agree!

Gods Dice is the definition of setlist filler. (still like it)

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Gods' Dice

LOVE Breakerfall too...
    Was Tulsa the first time you got Breakerfall Jen??
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Sleight Of Hand
    mcgruff10 said:

I ran to get a t-shirt while it was played at Toronto 1 last spring (mind you, I could still HEAR it!)
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,013
    Gods' Dice
    rummy said:

mcgruff10 said:

I ran to get a t-shirt while it was played at Toronto 1 last spring (mind you, I could still HEAR it!)

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Sleight Of Hand

Agree!

I'm going to replace one letter in your sentence that usually resonates with the masses at shows: Gods Dice is the definition of a setlist killer.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Sleight Of Hand

Breakerfall was the opener at my first PJ concert. I can't vote for it for that reason alone. Plus I love the song.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,920
    Gods' Dice
    A few of these albums have looked better after the first round of eliminations. This is not one of those albums.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Thin Air
    JimmyV said:

A few of these albums have looked better after the first round of eliminations. This is not one of those albums.

Well put. One of a few records nothing needs to be trimmed. Still can't bring myself to vote on one of these. I was thinking God's Dice, but then I listened to this again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKTVygQfJJ0

Not a chance!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Gods' Dice
    Man I love this album! I hate picking any of these songs as a weak link, let alone weakest.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Breakerfall
    Breakerfall chorus is kind of lackluster.

"All the love that she had was just wood that she burned"
    Best lyric album, maybe ever.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Insignificance

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

This.

My love for SOH came from St. Louis 2003. The line "he waves goodbye to himself" Ed did this John Cena in slow motion motion with his hand and I can still vision it where it's like I could see like vapor trails behind his hand as it moved. It's like I was tripping but I was clean as a whistle. Then I dissected the lyrics more and related it to my situation commuting every day to a terrible job and it just clicked. Great song.
    similar situation with me, sat and read the lyrics and was like WOW... beautiful song.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Sleight Of Hand
    JimmyV said:

Maybe. The removal of Soon Forget and Evacuation makes it look a bit cleaner to me. Even replace those two tracks with, say, Fatal and Sad and then you've got an even better album.
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,018
    Sleight Of Hand
    Don't get the love for this song...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Gods' Dice
    Nami said:

tbergs said:

mcgruff10 said:

This.

similar situation with me, sat and read the lyrics and was like WOW... beautiful song.
    They played it at my first show and I recall Ed introducing it by saying "this one actually has a little bit of musical merit" or something to that effect. I never really paid much attention to it in the 4 months between album release and that show, but when he said that, I really focused on that song. Went home that night and listened to it over and over for the next few days, dissecting the lyrics. Fell in absolute love with it. It's been in my top 10 ever since.
  • Options
    Sleight Of Hand

rummy said:

mcgruff10 said:

I appreciate that a lot of fan club members love this album (I too really like it) but there were A LOT of dumb-founded/bored audience members at the ACC on May 10, 2016 - especially in the 100-level seats.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Parting Ways
    God's Dice? Who the fuck are you people?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Parting Ways
    mcgruff10 said:

Agree!

I'm going to replace one letter in your sentence that usually resonates with the masses at shows: Gods Dice is the definition of a setlist killer.

Bullshit. Awesome song. If God's Dice is a setlist killer you must think the same about Hail Hail
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Gods' Dice
    KC138045 said:

Breakerfall was the opener at my first PJ concert. I can't vote for it for that reason alone. Plus I love the song.
    Polaris 2000 I'm betting...
    That was a GREAT show!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

This discussion has been closed.