7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I hope the Sixers get a new doctor to work on his knee, not the guy that butchered Okafor.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Not exactly the commercial I would want to see my star player making light of after playing 31 games in 3 years and reportedly going into surgery for his knee.

It's good self deprecation on Joel's part, and he probably got a lifetime supply of Jolly Ranchers, but still ...
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    what are the chances now Embiid gets on the court next year for this franchise? 31 games in 3 years and now possibly 4 years. wonderful (and healthy according to at least one person here :confounded:)

Rome wasn't built in a day but i'm not sure it took as long as the Sixers "process".

Markell Fultz from UW missed some games at the end of the year due to injury, does that mean he is targeted for the Sixers?

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    32 and 10 for Dario last night. Dude is turning into a beast.

Future's bright, friends!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited March 2017
    Looks like the Kings have finally caught us. Pick swap looking more likely, hopefully they end up in the 4th spot.
    Still a 45% chance of getting Lakers pick.

Hard to believe Sixers are almost 20 games better with no Simmons and Embiid for less than half the year. I thought they'd be around this win total with both guys playing. They'd probably be fighting for a playoff spot if they had one or both those guys on the court...

http://www.tankathon.com/
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

Looks like the Kings have finally caught us. Pick swap looking more likely, hopefully they end up in the 4th spot.

Hard to believe Sixers are almost 20 games better with no Simmons and Embiid for less than half the year. I thought they'd be around this win total with both guys playing. They'd probably be fighting for a playoff spot if they had one or both those guys on the court...

It is hard to believe they've won this many games. Brett Brown should win Coach Of The Year?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    cutz said:

It is hard to believe they've won this many games. Brett Brown should win Coach Of The Year?
    I wouldn't go that far. I do see Dario getting rookie of the year now though especially with the process not playing.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Espn redrafted the 2015 class and had RICHAUN Holmes 7th. A Hinkie 2nd round gem:

http://www.libertyballers.com/2017/4/3/15163240/nba-draft-2015-redraft-philadephia-76ers-richaun-holmes-jahlil-okafor-karl-anthony-towns-porzingis

"Who would've guessed that the best center the Sixers drafted in 2015 would be Richaun Holmes (the 37th pick), not Okafor (the third pick)? Since he moved into the starting lineup, Holmes has been averaging 14.5 points per game and seven rebounds per game in about 27 minutes per game." - Chad Ford
    chinese-happy.jpg
    WOW>Lakers beat the Spurs in San Antonio!!!
    Hey, Ben is cleared for 5v5 contact. Just in time. Kings are screwing us while the Lakers gave us their best at the end.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Hey, Ben is cleared for 5v5 contact. Just in time. Kings are screwing us while the Lakers gave us their best at the end.

End of the day, getting that Lakers pick is more important than the swap. 55% chance we get it now.
    chinese-happy.jpg

JK_Livin said:

End of the day, getting that Lakers pick is more important than the swap. 55% chance we get it now.
    True!!

Would you like the #1 pick and not the Lakers pick, or the Lakers pick & the 76ers pick this year? To me, thers not a generational player in this draft, though i think ther are A LOT of good players in this draft, i think i'd like 2 picks this year.
    cutz said:

JK_Livin said:

True!!

Would you like the #1 pick and not the Lakers pick, or the Lakers pick & the 76ers pick this year? To me, thers not a generational player in this draft, though i think ther are A LOT of good players in this draft, i think i'd like 2 picks this year.
    Gimmie both. They quite possibly have one or maybe two generational players already. I want shooters to surround them with and there will be a few of them available in the top 10.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    4th baby. Everything went our way last night. Come on ping pong balls.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19146930/joel-embiid-philadelphia-76ers-says-knee-bad-originally-thought
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Plays 31 out of 246 games. Says he's rookie of the year.

No rule against it.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    only Sixers fans...cheer being the 4th worst team in the league. maybe next year will count?
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:
    only Sixers fans...cheer being the 4th worst team in the league. maybe next year will count?
    Who's cheering? Are you reading between the lines like you always do? An 18 game improvement with most of our best players not taking the court is bad I guess. Shame on them for losing with D league players at the end of the season.

There is absolutely zero to cheer about in Philadelphia sports right now. Everything is abysmal. Always want my team to win but if something happens and we're better off for it, I'll grab it with both hands and hold on for dear life right now.

Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:
    Who's cheering? Are you reading between the lines like you always do? An 18 game improvement with most of our best players not taking the court is bad I guess. Shame on them for losing with D league players at the end of the season.

There is absolutely zero to cheer about in Philadelphia sports right now. Everything is abysmal. Always want my team to win but if something happens and we're better off for it, I'll grab it with both hands and hold on for dear life right now.

"4th baby"
    Is better than 5th baby!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Jason P said:

Plays 31 out of 246 games. Says he's rookie of the year.

Fine. Then Saric gets it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Yeeup.

This team is in great shape going forward.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Yeeup.

I meeeeeeean, again, not trying to be a complete hater, but are they in "great shape" moving forward? They could very well be, but they have one number 3 pick who blows. They have an awesome player who know one has any clue if he'll ever stay healthy. They have one good role player in Saric and they have one really good bet on a star. They could be in great shape moving forward, but it's tough to say that at this exact moment. No? I am hoping for the best
    edited April 2017

JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Yeeup.

I meeeeeeean, again, not trying to be a complete hater, but are they in "great shape" moving forward? They could very well be, but they have one number 3 pick who blows. They have an awesome player who know one has any clue if he'll ever stay healthy. They have one good role player in Saric and they have one really good bet on a star. They could be in great shape moving forward, but it's tough to say that at this exact moment. No? I am hoping for the best
    Because they have all that and 2 potential top picks this year, a golden ticket top pick in 2019, and oodles and oodles of cap space to surround this team with. Options are aplenty, young Clifton.

Also, as JK pointed out, they won 18 more games this year with guys like McConnell, Covington, Holmes, and the Frenchman---yeah, all bench guys, mostly. But we know they can play a little now. Didn't know that before. They're moving in the right direction. I thought they'd be around that win total with Embiid and Simmons both playing--so this also shows what a quality coach they have in Brown.....as much as we all like him, we didn't really know that before this year either.

There are no guarantees but, yes, they're set up for the future better than at any time in the last 30 or so years with the exception of the first few years of the AI era. I'd like to see someone dispute that. You can't.
    chinese-happy.jpg

JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Yeeup.

Because they have all that and 2 potential top picks this year, a golden ticket top pick in 2019, and oodles and oodles of cap space to surround this team with. Options are aplenty, young Clifton.

Also, as JK pointed out, they won 18 more games this year with guys like McConnell, Covington, Holmes, and the Frenchman---yeah, all bench guys, mostly. But we know they can play a little now. Didn't know that before. They're moving in the right direction. I thought they'd be around that win total with Embiid and Simmons both playing--so this also shows what a quality coach they have in Brown.....as much as we all like him, we didn't really know that before this year either.

There are no guarantees but, yes, they're set up for the future better than at any time in the last 30 or so years with the exception of the first few years of the AI era. I'd like to see someone dispute that. You can't.
    All fair. What is the 2019 pick? The cap space is good and people will finally want to come here. My biggest concern is that this all seems to rest on Embiid and if he can stay healthy. That is a huge hole to replace if he doesn't stay healthy.

I am not disputing that. Just saying there are a ton of questions to be answered...

JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Yeeup.

All fair. What is the 2019 pick? The cap space is good and people will finally want to come here. My biggest concern is that this all seems to rest on Embiid and if he can stay healthy. That is a huge hole to replace if he doesn't stay healthy.

I am not disputing that. Just saying there are a ton of questions to be answered...
    It's the Kings pick Hinkie stole from them at gun point a couple years ago.

I actually don't think it all hinges on Embiid. I mean, people compare Simmons to Magic. If he's a star, guys are going to want to come here too. Plus, they have all the other stuff I mentioned. If Embiid can stay healthy, the sky is the limit but it's not like they have all their eggs in one basket.
    chinese-happy.jpg

JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Yeeup.

It's the Kings pick Hinkie stole from them at gun point a couple years ago.

I actually don't think it all hinges on Embiid. I mean, people compare Simmons to Magic. If he's a star, guys are going to want to come here too. Plus, they have all the other stuff I mentioned. If Embiid can stay healthy, the sky is the limit but it's not like they have all their eggs in one basket.
    I guess not all, but the point was it is a massive hole. You go from two of the potentially better players in the league to one. That is a big deal these days and won't be easy to fill. Just look at OKC.
    edited April 2017

JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Yeeup.

an 18 win improvement sounds great...until you realize it came from the 2nd worst record in the history of the NBA.

and Juggler you like to talk about cap space which is great but let me point out to you that the current ownership group is the head of 3 professional franchises (Sixers, NJ Devils and one of those European soccer teams that I can't recall at the moment) and each one is at the lower end of the payroll in their respective leagues. Let's see if this ownership group ends up spending money. Personally I think they sell the team before they spend money but that's just me.

the process has already been what 5 years? by the time the young guys mature you could be looking a decade long process.

now to give a bit of a positive outlook if (and it's a BIG IF) Embiid and Simmons can actually stay on the court together for years and years , at the point of maturity the Lebron era could be at it's end so an opportunity could be available in the conference.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    edited April 2017
    ^
    What? An 18 game improvement is an 18 game improvement no matter where it came from. Not sure what kind of sense this makes. And they were about 4 games out of a playoff spot when Embiid got hurt....

A year or two ago you were telling us this ownership group was going to move the team out of the area without knowing they were in the process of building a state of the art practice facility across the river (that will obviously help when they are ready to spend on free agents). If they don't spend the money, when the team is ready and the opportunity presents itself, I'll be the first to call them out on it.

5 years? Hinkie was here for 2 and a half years. This year, they were in the mix for a playoff spot until Embiid got hurt and with Simmons out for the entire year.

You're just realizing the timing on that? That was another reason it made sense to knock everything down and rebuild because they were not going to get past Lebron anyway. Made sense to do what they did to be in position to strike when he's on his way out...

And again---they are currently in as good a spot as the franchise has been in 3 decades minus the peak AI years. If you can't dispute that, then stop your whining.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg