Hall of Fame Reviews

12346»

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,505
    on2legs said:

100 Pacer said:

on2legs said:

I think Dave Krusen made the jamily comment.

Stone said it.
    Krusen definitely said jamily.
    Turns out we both heard right:

Stone:
    "To all these people, we give our most sincere and deepest thanks. Your hard work and love, and dedication, means that this award is as much for you as it is for us. You make us feel like we're one big happy "Jamily!"

Dave:
    "Hey, I'd like to thank the Hall of Fame for including me with this amazing band. And Pearl Jam saved my life. And to the Jamily. And to my family, my kids, I love you guys. Thank you."
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,455
    100 Pacer said:

on2legs said:

100 Pacer said:

on2legs said:

Stone said it.

Stone:
    "To all these people, we give our most sincere and deepest thanks. Your hard work and love, and dedication, means that this award is as much for you as it is for us. You make us feel like we're one big happy "Jamily!"

Dave:
    "Hey, I'd like to thank the Hall of Fame for including me with this amazing band. And Pearl Jam saved my life. And to the Jamily. And to my family, my kids, I love you guys. Thank you."
    Guys, why are we fighting this???
    Can't we just embrace the fact that we are one big happy Jamily?
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,172
    TJ25487 said:

100 Pacer said:

on2legs said:

100 Pacer said:

on2legs said:

Stone said it.

Stone:

Dave:
    :lol:

DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,505
    I'm not a Dave A fighter.
    I'm a Matt Cameron lover.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    100 Pacer said:

I'm not a Dave A fighter.
    I'm a Matt Cameron lover.

Nice. I happen to be both. It feels good.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    100 Pacer said:

on2legs said:

100 Pacer said:

on2legs said:

Stone said it.

Stone:

Dave:
    I forgive you :smiley:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    HawkeyeJamHawkeyeJam Posts: 209
    rummy said:

rummy said:

Sprunkn7 said:

Saw this online and thought it was pretty touching. It was so weird to see Journey that to me isn't the "real" Journey. But I felt bad for the guy knowing everyone wanted Steve to sing!

Not too derail the thread but I couldn't help myself but make the connection: If Journey is now in the HoF, Bon Jovi's gotta be next. Sure "Don't Stop Believin" is an anthem but "Livin' on a Prayer" isn't? Ridiculous - and I don't even really like Bon Jovi!!!!!
    I don't see Bon Jovi meeting the "influential" requirement. My opinion....
    Maybe so but who did Journey influence? Bon Jovi?

With the above said, I don't want to rail too much on the HoF. They just recognized one of the greatest rock bands of all time last night.

(FTR: I'm talking about Pearl Jam...not Journey or ELO...although I don't mind Jeff Lynne's music.)

ELO should have been in a long-time ago. 60+ million albums sold. Most top 40 hits in US chart history (20) without a #1 single. Jeff Lynne has had an incredible influence on some of the greatest of all time. I also read somewhere that ELO outside of the Beatles, has had more songs from their catalogue sampled for American TV commercials than anybody
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,843
    TJ25487 said:

100 Pacer said:

on2legs said:

100 Pacer said:

on2legs said:

Stone said it.

Stone:

Dave:
    If Ed ever uttered the word Jamily at a show I will personally go up on stage and take his man card.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,943
    mcgruff10 said:

TJ25487 said:

100 Pacer said:

on2legs said:

100 Pacer said:

on2legs said:

Stone said it.

Stone:

Dave:
    If Ed ever uttered the word Jamily at a show I will personally go up on stage and take his man card.
    Something something black hair in 1998.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    PJSiren said:

Not really a review per say....just something I wrote and posted last night and thought this was a good place to share....

photo MI0003644417.jpg

I have been a Pearl Jam fan for 22 years. I heard them when I was 12 for the first time. Daughter was the first song I heard and it was like this feeling I can't even put into words. I fell in love immediately, with their sound, their lyrics... I was moved for the first time ever by listening to music. The lyrics touched me...they reached into my soul and showed me truth. This band saved my life more than once. I just watched my favorite band be inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame and I felt so happy and proud and moved to tears. I love these guys and the music and what they stand for.... I am proud to be a Pearl Jam fan and will be until the day I die. Congratulations Pearl Jam and thank you!

Bump .......and ditto........well said!!
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    100 Pacer said:

on2legs said:

100 Pacer said:

on2legs said:

Stone said it.

Stone:

Dave:
    I knew I wasn't crazy. I missed Dave say it but when I heard stone I was all "nooooo"
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 777
    edited April 2017
    I really enjoyed the show. Some non-PJ highlights (because all of PJ was a highlight): video tribute to Chuck Berry followed by ELO playing "Roll Over Beethoven"; Dhani Harrison's ELO induction speech; Jackson Browne's Joan Baez induction speech and her acceptance speech followed by her performance with the Indigo Girls with "The Night They Drove Ol' Dixie Down" (famously played by The Band back in the 1970s); Alex and Geddy (Rush) inducting Yes and the Yes induction speeches were hilarious...the keyboard player (Rick Wakeman) is nuts! Geddy performing "Roundabout" with Yes and then Yes performing "Owner of a Lonely Heart"; Pharrell's induction of Niles Rodgers and his acceptance speech ($3B in total album sales!!!); (preface - not a Tupac aficionado) Snoop Dogg gave a heart felt speech about the real Tupac beyond the celebrity and Alicia Keys played some Tupac songs on the piano with a band (I didn't recognize any) but like Alicia; Lenny Kravitz killed "When the Doves Cry" in a Prince tribute complete with a backing choir; Journey had great acceptance speeches (singer from Train inducted them) and the room was hype for Steve to play one song with the band, but he promptly left after his kind speech including that he loved Arnel and supposedly hugged him on the way out backstage; Journey was solid for three songs (" Separate Ways", "Lights", & "Don't Stop Believing"); and then PJ...great speech by Letterman to induct them, great speeches by the band, and then totally rocked out to "Alive" with Krusen who was very emotional after the song (he felt great gratitude for being included), "Given to Fly" dedicated to Michael J. Fox who wrote about being inspired by the song in his autobiography (Cameron back on drums), into Betterman...band was hot for all of these songs. And the grand finale with Rush (Alex and Geddy) along with Yes guitarist, Neal Schon (Journey) joining in...and a special Jack Irons helping Matt out with some extra drumming on Neil's "Keep On Rocking In The Free World." I was a kid in a candy store...didn't leave my seat for all 5 hours once the show started. Sunday I went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum and was excited to finally visit it after wanting to go for years (since 1995 opening). Pearl Jam and the other 2017 Inductees have a special exhibit until early March next year...so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to cross this off my bucket list in one epic weekend. Although I must admit to being underwhelmed by the Pearl Jam portion after being spoiled by the PJ20 museum. My two induction ceremony disappointments were no Steve for even one song with Journey and the rest of Pearl Jam not inducted (specifically Dave Abbruzzee, Jack Irons, and Boom Gaspar). Those are inconsequential given my sheer delight with what I did see and hear!
    PS. I found the Rock Hall a bit off with listing both Barry and Jeff Ament as members of Mother Love Bone in the Seattle Scene exhibit (item #3). WTF? And displaying Kurt Cobain's death certificate was crossing a decency line as no one really celebrates that.

Post edited by dcp3y on
  • Options
    dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 777
    edited April 2017
    Barry Ament in Mother Love Bone? RnR HOF says so...no comments?
    Post edited by dcp3y on
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Re watching the hbo broadcast after being there
    kudos to the band for giving it their all because I lost myself in the moment and felt it and did not realize how stiff the floor vip's were. At the ceremony I felt pj. Looking at the footage the floor seems so flat, I can't image what it's like for the band to go from what we normally see/feel on the floor to that with 2 pct of the floor jamming in their tuxes. 

Also so we sang the intro to betterman way louder than comes acrosss on the tv. It sounded twice as loud in person. Or did they edit it down?  
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,220
    nycrats said:
    Re watching the hbo broadcast after being there
    kudos to the band for giving it their all because I lost myself in the moment and felt it and did not realize how stiff the floor vip's were. At the ceremony I felt pj. Looking at the footage the floor seems so flat, I can't image what it's like for the band to go from what we normally see/feel on the floor to that with 2 pct of the floor jamming in their tuxes. 

Also so we sang the intro to betterman way louder than comes acrosss on the tv. It sounded twice as loud in person. Or did they edit it down?  
    Probably faded it a bit. Listening and watching on periscope that night it was loud!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    Elmo said:
    I only watched the PJ stuff but I thought it was the bomb! The speeches were ACE, all smart, genuine & thoughtful, Letterman was lovely, and they fucking killed the performance because they're fucking Pearl Jam and that's what they do. TBH I've been feeling a bit anxious about our boys, I'm desperate for an Australian tour (left my last concert in an ambulance) and then the hiatus gossip scared me and a new album and tour seemed to be drifting further and further away. I really needed a reminder that I love the shit out of these boys, each & every one of them, and the beautiful shimmering thing they've created. It did that. They are, and always will be, my knights in shining armour, who rescued me and so many of us when we needed it most. My fandom really needed this celebration of all things Pearl Jam. They make me so goddam proud it hurts.
    :clap::heart: Love you Elmo! Agree with all of it. I hope all is well with you and yours!
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505
    Here is the video of Eddie on Letterman: https://youtube.com/watch?v=OlZKFJueoIA
    That was the best haha and he held that note for so long