Spicerfacts

HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
this is getting more and more comical how utterly unqualified for the job of Press Secretary this guy is. Here's a history of his gaffes. And by history, I mean the LAST. TWO. MONTHS.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/12/a-history-of-sean-spicers-gaffes-as-white-house-press-secretary

Sean Spicer has apologised after he was widely condemned for claiming that Adolf Hitler, who gassed millions of Jews during the Holocaust, did not use chemical weapons.

But it is not the first time Donald Trump’s pugnacious press secretary has got himself into hot water over offensive or dubious claims.

International Holocaust Remembrance Day
In January, Spicer defended Trump for going “out of his way to recognise the Holocaust” after the president was criticised for omitting any mention of Jews, or antisemitism, from a White House statement commemorating International Holocaust Remembrance Day. Spicer hit back at critics, calling them “pathetic”.

#Spicerfacts

After Trump’s inauguration in January, Spicer inspired the hashtag #SpicerFacts after reiterating his claim that the ceremony had the biggest audience in history, despite evidence from photos, crowd experts, TV ratings and the Washington Metro network. “This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period!” Spicer said.

In the face of mounting evidence to the contrary, Spicer declared: “Sometimes we can disagree with the facts.”

The ban that wasn’t a ban
Spicer also, to the exasperation of reporters and the amusement of Twitter, said Trump’s executive order blocking entry of refugees and travellers from seven predominantly Muslim countries was not a “travel ban”, even though the president had used the word “ban”. Called out on this, Spicer said: “He’s using the words that the media is using”.

The distress call
In March, Spicer showed up at his Friday press briefing wearing an upside-down American flag pin on his lapel. According to the US Department of Veterans Affairs, a flag should never be displayed with the union facing down, “except as a signal of distress”. One reporter in the room piped up: “Is that a distress call, Sean?”

Retweeting The Onion
In February, Spicer retweeted a video from the spoof news site The Onion, that read: “@SeanSpicer’s role in the Trump administration will be to provide the American public with robust and clearly articulated misinformation.” Spicer accompanied his retweet with the words: “You nailed it. Period!”

Many Twitter users asked whether Spicer had actually read the tweet, or knew what The Onion is.
Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    He's an idiot.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    mfc2006 said:

He's an idiot.

Not sure if he is truly an idiot or not but he is definitely NOT qualified for the position.

Start the countdown till our resident drumpf supporter leaves a post supporting spicer.
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Fuck that guy
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

mfc2006 said:

He's an idiot.

Not sure if he is truly an idiot or not but he is definitely NOT qualified for the position.

Start the countdown till our resident drumpf supporter leaves a post supporting spicer.
    let's just call it that he is in over his head. he spends way too much time worrying about spinning trump's actions/lies, and the media has caught on that if you just let the guy speak long enough, he'll bury himself and give them something click-worthy to tweet about.

his job is to lightly explain what the president is doing, not blather on and on trying to convince everyone that trump's motives are ethical and lawful. he gets way too stressed way too easily, gets super defensive, and when that happens, you get careless. that's not a job you should get emotional or defensive in.

jim jefferies tweeted a couple weeks ago, "before sean spicer, did anyone ever know the name of a previous press secretary? from either party? I don't". and the SNL-watching public should NEVER have known his name. massive appointment mistake by the trump admin. but countless laughs to be had by the rest of us.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    any one of us on here has a better grasp of the issues and could do a better job. that man is pathetic.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094

mfc2006 said:

He's an idiot.

let's just call it that he is in over his head. he spends way too much time worrying about spinning trump's actions/lies, and the media has caught on that if you just let the guy speak long enough, he'll bury himself and give them something click-worthy to tweet about.

his job is to lightly explain what the president is doing, not blather on and on trying to convince everyone that trump's motives are ethical and lawful. he gets way too stressed way too easily, gets super defensive, and when that happens, you get careless. that's not a job you should get emotional or defensive in.

jim jefferies tweeted a couple weeks ago, "before sean spicer, did anyone ever know the name of a previous press secretary? from either party? I don't". and the SNL-watching public should NEVER have known his name. massive appointment mistake by the trump admin. but countless laughs to be had by the rest of us.

You don't believe there is a connection between the administration and it's mouthpiece?

I'm sure Spicer's Hitler comparison was something he picked up hanging around the office with his coworkers and bosses. No way he comes up with that doozy off the top of his head on the spot.
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

any one of us on here has a better grasp of the issues and could do a better job. that man is pathetic.

None of us would last because any one of us would have already said Trump is a douche bag during a press event.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Chuck Norris can kick his ass. Fact.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I think that Spicer is actually a really intelligent guy and, under a logical president, would possibly succeed in this role. People that I know who have worked with him rave about how the guy we all are isn't a true representation of the guy.
    I think that's he's been given a pretty impossible task. I think any given issue has about three different narratives from the top of the White House that they want delivered. I think if we see people like Bannon and that other weasel leave soon, this White House might possibly start staying on message.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Has orange bafoon issued a statement on the latest Spicer gaff, that in its self does speak volumes !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

Has orange bafoon issued a statement on the latest Spicer gaff, that in its self does speak volumes !

Not that I've seen.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

I think that Spicer is actually a really intelligent guy and, under a logical president, would possibly succeed in this role. People that I know who have worked with him rave about how the guy we all are isn't a true representation of the guy.
    I think that's he's been given a pretty impossible task. I think any given issue has about three different narratives from the top of the White House that they want delivered. I think if we see people like Bannon and that other weasel leave soon, this White House might possibly start staying on message.

Tapper said he has been reasonable before.

Must be hard going out "spinning" such ridiculous things and lies.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

I do agree, but I think there comes a point where he needs to just say "I'm not going to comment on that" and shut his mouth. In the very beginning, I kind of felt sorry for the guy, thinking the exact same as you, that anyone in that role would fail miserably. But now, after all of this nonsense, he hasn't learned to try to stop "beating" the press and just stop being baited into their game. he continually looks like a fool.

this presidency is a joke, and if he wants to be successful, he needs to be a little more hard-nosed. simple no's and yesses should be his mandate.

however, I am loving every minute that the trump presidency looks like the joke we all know it to be.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

Sean Spicer Given Own Press Secretary To Answer Media’s Questions About His Controversial Statements
    http://www.theonion.com/article/sean-spicer-given-own-press-secretary-answer-media-55751?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=feeds
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

None of us would last because any one of us would have already said Trump is a douche bag during a press event.
    Pretty much. This entire White House is full of unqualified fucking morons. There's just no nice way to put it. They're all complete fucking idiots.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Spicerfacts seems like an oxymoron to me.
    dignin said:

Spicerfacts seems like an oxymoron to me.

of course it is. that's why it surfaced as a hashtag.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Here is a Spicerfact.
    He would rather be the POTUS.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

Here is a Spicerfact.

I'm guessing that the truth is he would rather anybody else be the POTUS
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

Here is a Spicerfact.

Im guessing the truth is that most people would rather have Spicer as the POTUS.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited April 2017

Here is a Spicerfact.

Im guessing the truth is that most people would rather have Spicer as the POTUS.
    It's like you guys are playing the Kevin Bacon (maybe not the right comparison) game with Sean Spicer...

I'm guessing that the truth is most people think Spicer is actually Melissa McCarty in disguise and Alec Baldwin is the POTUS....
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Well, just thought I would throw this one out there to lighten people's holiday weekend.

Keep reading. It gets to Spicey.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/the-mysterious-gathering-of-the-public-relations-foot-shooters/article34712831/
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf