Options

Big Little Lies

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
the show is fuckin awesome
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Comments

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited March 2017
    I'm at episode 4 so far. I will be shocked if Reese doesn't get an Emmy nod.I wish she'd do more roles like this and Wild.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,030
    Great show!!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    My wife got me into this show (she read the book) and I’m totally sucked in. When HBO gets something right, man do they get it right.

Whomever did the casting for the children deserves an award. Ziggy & Reese’s daughter (blanking on the names) are phenomenal actors at such young ages. It’s pretty wild.

Also, the doubt surrounding the ‘incident’ everyone is referring to in the interviews is tearing me up, I really hope it isn’t one of the kids who gets hurt.

• Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,234
    Episode 6 was outstanding. The music in this show is beyond accurate and such a huge part of it.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069

My wife got me into this show (she read the book) and I’m totally sucked in. When HBO gets something right, man do they get it right.

Whomever did the casting for the children deserves an award. Ziggy & Reese’s daughter (blanking on the names) are phenomenal actors at such young ages. It’s pretty wild.

Also, the doubt surrounding the ‘incident’ everyone is referring to in the interviews is tearing me up, I really hope it isn’t one of the kids who gets hurt.

I read that the little actor that plays Ziggy is going to play a young Sheldon in the new Big Bang spinoff... good choice in my opinion
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Was anyone else underwhelmed by that finale?
  • Options
    A little bit. The husbands singing, at the fundraiser was cheese ball. All in all in was a decent show. I kinda figured the last episode would be a little disappointing.
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    SPOILER ALERT

I thought it was far too convenient to have Perry not only turn out to be the rapist, but also the person who ends up getting killed.

With the way the show was building up towards this finale, I was expecting something a lot more tragic; it wasn't nearly as devastating as I had thought the 'incident' would be.
  • Options

SPOILER ALERT

I thought it was far too convenient to have Perry not only turn out to be the rapist, but also the person who ends up getting killed.

With the way the show was building up towards this finale, I was expecting something a lot more tragic; it wasn't nearly as devastating as I had thought the 'incident' would be.

Totally agree!
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Gave up after 2 episodes. Too much drama for me. Good acting, though.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,234

SPOILER ALERT

In my eyes the "incident" was more how Perry was beating the shit out of Celeste in front of the other woman rather than his death. I didn't see it coming that Bonnie would be the one who actually did the pushing. Fantastic show, but agree the last episode was probably the worst of the 7.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220

SPOILER ALERT

In my eyes the "incident" was more how Perry was beating the shit out of Celeste in front of the other woman rather than his death. I didn't see it coming that Bonnie would be the one who actually did the pushing. Fantastic show, but agree the last episode was probably the worst of the 7.
    Yeah, the biggest "twist" seems to be that it was Bonnie who pushed. Jane would have been too obvious.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,226

SPOILER ALERT

From a random woman passing through: Plot details were based on the book; so, yes, it's a bit contrived, but, speaking as a woman, maybe that was not really the point.

I can't agree that it was the weakest episode. I was literally hanging on for dear life when Perry told Celeste about the call from her property manager. And the last 10-15 minutes -- again, speaking as a woman, although my husband agrees -- were SO intense, so cathartic, they were unlike anything else I have seen on television. There have been some excellent articles about the finale, about how it addresses the violence that permeates women's lives, about how those universal issues transcend the more petty dramas of the car line, birthday parties, and working moms vs. SAHMs. Those last minutes lack dialogue, but women don't need the dialogue to know what is being said. For me, this episode was, literally, a punch to the gut.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Watched this last weekend. Pretty good. The acting was great. Reese is still on my list.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    JK_Livin said:
    Watched this last weekend. Pretty good. The acting was great. Reese is still on my list.
    Thought it was good as well  Reese is really underrated as an actress and still looks fantastic. so yes she is on my list as well.