2017 Ten Club Mystery Box

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I like the "built to order" disclaimer...who wants to bet they keep a list of the ones who piss and moan and then they get wolf/bear/pig posters in their mystery boxes? :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015

How many more Brad or Tres Mtns cd's does one person need?

I would love a Tres MTS CD. I ordered the vinyl + MP3 a while back and it didn't come with the MP3. 10c told me tough s**t.

If someone gets an extra I'll send you the $2 to ship it to me so I can make a digital version.
    PM me your address and I'll send you one!
    Awesome! Will do, thanks!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    KC138045 said:

Edved007 said:

anyone else notice the Live on Two Legs CASSETTE in one of the pictures...that just cracks me up for some reason.

Some 20yo kid will probably get it and not know what it is lol
    Unless it's a 20yo hipster, then it will be the greatest thing on earth.
  • twangtwang Posts: 62
    edited April 2017
    To each their own re: these mystery boxes and whether it's worth it to them or not. But there are some really unique items here that people have a possibility of getting. Anyone from the Los Angeles area knows what KLOS is. To see a throwback shirt with the old KLOS-style sticker is awesome. I didn't even know that existed. Would be sweet to have one of those.... to give some perspective here.. there are also a lot of terrible things that retail for $100. Anyone that's been in a toy store lately can attest to that one ;) Good luck, everyone!
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited April 2017
    RKCNDY said:

I like the "built to order" disclaimer...who wants to bet they keep a list of the ones who piss and moan and then they get wolf/bear/pig posters in their mystery boxes? :lol:

Yup. If Santos is watching... a Munk One from Wrigley 2013 and a orange t-shirt from Cincinnati 2014 with the "tiger stripe" lightning bolt would make me a very happy camper. I also wouldn't mind a white ANALOG t-shirt, but that's low priority. The two shirts were either eaten by moths or the washing machine...either way, they're gonzo. :cry:

And yes, someone did get a VHS of Touring Band last time, so the "hipster throwback" stuff is being sent out...it's part of the Mr. E!
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Well, if we're going the wishful thinking route that someone is reading these, then I'd really like the '03 St. Paul poster from my first concert. Either way, I'm excited to see what I get, even balls...
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    I never bought a mystery box, so this will be a first for me. and I bought two...I splurged a bit to help my chances. The last time they did a mystery box my size sold out pretty much immediately before I could get in.

I have done 2 mystery poster sales and the mystery vinyl. I've done pretty well I guess. The first mystery poster was the Wrigley 2013 monster poster, which is now framed on my wall. The second mystery poster was some blah Toronto poster (that one was a bust). The mystery vinyl was Into the Wild vinyl....which was awesome. I almost traded it, but kept it and am glad I did.

It seems like they give you pretty good value, other than the posters which are complete hit or misses. And I bought them this time expecting likely duds for posters, and hoping the rest makes up for it. This will be fun anticipating them coming. I almost don't mind if it takes a while... let's me dream that there will be Wrigley setlist shirts, or a Kong in there, you know?
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited April 2017
    Sarava said:

I never bought a mystery box, so this will be a first for me. and I bought two...I splurged a bit to help my chances. The last time they did a mystery box my size sold out pretty much immediately before I could get in.

I have done 2 mystery poster sales and the mystery vinyl. I've done pretty well I guess. The first mystery poster was the Wrigley 2013 monster poster, which is now framed on my wall. The second mystery poster was some blah Toronto poster (that one was a bust). The mystery vinyl was Into the Wild vinyl....which was awesome. I almost traded it, but kept it and am glad I did.

It seems like they give you pretty good value, other than the posters which are complete hit or misses. And I bought them this time expecting likely duds for posters, and hoping the rest makes up for it. This will be fun anticipating them coming. I almost don't mind if it takes a while... let's me dream that there will be Wrigley setlist shirts, or a Kong in there, you know?

Lucky you!

My first mystery poster (maybe 3-4 years ago) was the blue PJ20 Ames variant.
    My second mystery poster was the "scratch and dent" and we could buy as many as we wanted. I only bought one, for fear of duplicates, plus the whole "scratch and dent" and I didn't want anything torn or whatever. I ended up with a nice Isle of Wight with the slightest ding in one of the corners. It framed out like it was a mint poster.

The mystery vinyl (record store day) sale... ay yi yi. There was a rumor that it was sent out geographically. It seemed like a lot of the midwest USA got side project stuff and a lot of the northwest USA got PJ20. I got a RNDM vinyl and a color McCready Music for Film.

In the PJ mystery box Round 1, a lot of people got 1993 singles...the unedited "Test Pressing" was a nice add.

There was another mystery 7" sale from eons ago. They had a list of what they were sending out. One of the "only one available" was either a 1991 single or a blue Fixer which was supposed to be going to Europe(?) but was last seen in the US mail system, apparently...it was tracked here... here ya go... I ended up with a Merkinball single.
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/144084/mystery-vinyl-single-sale/p1
    http://www.theskyiscrape.com/2010/11/good-section-mystery-vinyl-single-sale.html
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/144314/mystery-vinyl-single-thread-which-one-did-you-get/p1

I can't believe that was seven years ago! Wow. Here's the list:
    1991 LET ME SLEEP (1)
    1993 ANGEL/RAMBLINGS (less than 800)
    1995 MERKIN BALL (less than 550)
    1996 OFF HE GOES (less than 125)
    1996 OLYMPIC PLATINUM (less than 125)
    1997 GIVEN TO FLY (less than 125)
    2009 FIXER- BLUE (1)
    2009 FIXER- ORANGE (less than 10)
    2009 UNTHOUGHT KNOWN LIVE FROM AUCKLAND NZ (less than 200)
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204

I plunged first time myself. Got a buddy who is very skeptical of this and the raffles over on Facebook. Thinks they are rigged. Want to prove him wrong. 10 club FTW

They are rigged. Look for the mystery vinyl thread and see who got the Benny. It was not a coincidence.
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    I think the main issue here with the mystery boxes is that people seriously think they should be getting $500+ worth of merchandise for $100. WTF. Yeah, it would be spectacular to get a Kong or Pitt 13, or some sought after item, but the best thing would be to just expect some cool items needing moved out of the warehouse. I missed out on the mystery vinyl because it sold out so damn fast. Hope they do that one again in the future.
    Thanks again Tenclub for this opportunity!! :rock_on:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    This whole idea is cool. I ordered mine while getting off a plane. All worried about missing out.
    The people buying this are all merch folks so it will be cool to see the reactions once they start rolling in. I can't wait.... it's all cool. And I do have the Vancouver wolf pig thing already (not framed)..... I was at the show.
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879

KC138045 said:

Edved007 said:

anyone else notice the Live on Two Legs CASSETTE in one of the pictures...that just cracks me up for some reason.

Some 20yo kid will probably get it and not know what it is lol
    Unless it's a 20yo hipster, then it will be the greatest thing on earth.
    Hey now I'm 23 and Ive known what cassettes are my whole life because of my dad. I don't listen to them anymore or collect them but I know what they are :b
    I'd say kids 15 or younger.
  • SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
    I'm 19 and I know what a cassette is because I love music. Not really sure what the argument is, but I thought I'd weigh in =)
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Anddd 20 here. Cassette known here too. I think saying 15 as stated would be more appropriate! I watched my fair share of vhs movies as well lol

Then again we all like music, maybe that has something to do with it.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Many artists today continue to release their music on cassette tapes. http://www.omgvinyl.com/category/tapes/

• I plunged first time myself. Got a buddy who is very skeptical of this and the raffles over on Facebook. Thinks they are rigged. Want to prove him wrong. 10 club FTW

They are rigged. Look for the mystery vinyl thread and see who got the Benny. It was not a coincidence.
    Some are obviously rigged. This almost made me not buy one. If they reward members with a Benny during a mystery box that is supose to be random, I would assume they mess with people too, scouring negative posts so they can send a jackalope, or bear pig. I'm just messing around but it makes sense
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850

I plunged first time myself. Got a buddy who is very skeptical of this and the raffles over on Facebook. Thinks they are rigged. Want to prove him wrong. 10 club FTW

Some are obviously rigged. This almost made me not buy one. If they reward members with a Benny during a mystery box that is supose to be random, I would assume they mess with people too, scouring negative posts so they can send a jackalope, or bear pig. I'm just messing around but it makes sense
    This is a GREAT way to get the community talking to each other and meeting each other. Trading is sooooooo much fun!!!!

Enjoy the randomness of it!
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200

This is a GREAT way to get the community talking to each other and meeting each other. Trading is sooooooo much fun!!!!

Enjoy the randomness of it!
    Very good point, Chris.
  • rbhesterrbhester Posts: 212
    The anticipation alone gets me pumped. I love seeing what people get and maybe trading. When I bought flip flops at the Jacksonville show last year I asked for a large and didn't notice until I was home the lady gave me medium, maybe now I can get some that fit.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    If I get a ManBearPig and Ronald McDonald and Columbus, I won't be mad, nor will I make rigged accusations. I'm really after 1 item - beach towel. If I don't get it, i won't be mad or make rigged acusations. If I don't get it, I will try to trade for it. I don't feel I am owed anything except the quantity of items advertised.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Although I told myself I wouldn't buy one of these, I caved. As others have stated, it was great trading with other members. I was able to fill in some big holes in my holiday single collection and get the "reaper 2008" tour shirt by trading mystery box items.
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    CopperTom said:

If I get a ManBearPig and Ronald McDonald and Columbus, I won't be mad, nor will I make rigged accusations. I'm really after 1 item - beach towel. If I don't get it, i won't be mad or make rigged acusations. If I don't get it, I will try to trade for it. I don't feel I am owed anything except the quantity of items advertised.

I have one. Not looking to get rid of it, but might consider it. Let me know what you get in your mystery box for trade.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    All this chattering about the box made me jump in. I had so much fun anticipating and receiving the mystery vinyl box. Maybe they can shove a record in a tube for this one?
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

One item out of ALL the mystery boxes, mystery posters, and mystery vinyl sales they've ever done. Whoop-de-do.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    I see three 10 shirts (in red, white and blue). Where are these from? They look pretty sweet but I may have passed because they are from shows I did not attend? I cannot remember.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    I'm still holding out hope for a Kong or Moline poster!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • jbalicki10jbalicki10 Posts: 517
    Im in for 1. I wonder if any of the PJ hockey jerseys will be in there....
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956

Been a member 20 years, but only started reading the forums during the election when the comments were addicting and people were getting banned. Pretty entertaining and addicting. So even if I did find who got them, it wouldn't mean anything to me.
    Could you explain how it was rigged?
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,067
    mace1229 said:

Been a member 20 years, but only started reading the forums during the election when the comments were addicting and people were getting banned. Pretty entertaining and addicting. So even if I did find who got them, it wouldn't mean anything to me.
    during the vinyl mystery sale somebody had been begging for a Benaroya Hall vinyl for a long time and got one
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    mace1229 said:

The lady who spammed the forums for years for a Benny re-issue got a Benny in the mystery vinyl. Most of us just shrugged and were happy for her. That was one of my favorite parts of that sale, seeing how happy she was.