2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Jackets were the only team in the NHL to not lose three games in a row until they lost to the Caps last week. They have now lost 5 in a row.

I'm really hoping they can right the ship and knock the Pens out in the first round.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

Connor McDavid...MVP! MVP! The guy is lights out. Amazes me every single game.

What a game for Looch last night.
    So stoked for the playoffs....it's been a while.

Connor is so good and fun to watch!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Im so glad that Edmonton won that lottery.... (well would have much rather Buffalo won).... but Edmonton is a team I can root for and the NHL will never shove them down our throats.... that is, until Katz runs into money and legal trouble and sells him off to the Florida Panthers
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    MayDay10 said:

Im so glad that Edmonton won that lottery.... (well would have much rather Buffalo won).... but Edmonton is a team I can root for and the NHL will never shove them down our throats.... that is, until Katz runs into money and legal trouble and sells him off to the Florida Panthers

dude has loads ... guy is offering supermodels $20k to have sex with them!
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited April 2017
    MayDay10 said:

A lot has changed since there were issues keeping the team here. The oil are one of the most valuable franchises in the league now, with the nicest arena in the world...they're not going
    anywhere. And ya, I'm glad mcd is here, aside from the obvious reasons. Bettman is prob still pissed. I would have wanted him to go to Buffalo if the hockey gods didn't smile on the oil lottery day. Having Auston Matthews on the Leafs is obnoxious enough ;)

Oilers v Sharks round one. 3-1 oilers season series. Bring it! Ready for this town to go nuts.

From September this year, right around the time Roger's Place opened:

• a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    Great night in hockey last night.
    Detroit's Joe Lewis Arena going out in style. Zetterberg, Sheahan scoring his first 2 of the season, and all the history.
    Canes Bickell coming back from being diagnosed with MS, announcing his retirement, then scoring his first shootout goal. all the feels
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

edited April 2017
    Very unfortunate about Bickell. That dude was HUGE in the Hawks 2013 Cup run. Never really lived up to the offensive output after that but he was a team player & hell of a guy. Toews loved him, which is all the proof anyone should ever need about his character. Good to see him go out in style!

Doc Emrick's call of "Toews to Bickell! With 1:16 to go in the third!" will forever be ingrained in Blackhawks lore!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Stanley Cloud Cup, too funny.
    So sad the Kings fucked the donkey and are sitting the playoffs out.
    Rooting for one of the Canadian Kid teams to win.
    Washington vs. Calgary?

Think that would be fun.
    U/f I think it is going to be Shittsburgh vs. Chicago
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    So happy that I finally get to watch my team in the playoffs again, been a long run. Go Leafs Go!
    I know it will only be for 1 round, but were back baby!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    BLACK35 said:

So happy that I finally get to watch my team in the playoffs again, been a long run. Go Leafs Go!

I'll be pulling for you!
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

MayDay10 said:

A lot has changed since there were issues keeping the team here. The oil are one of the most valuable franchises in the league now, with the nicest arena in the world...they're not going
    anywhere. And ya, I'm glad mcd is here, aside from the obvious reasons. Bettman is prob still pissed. I would have wanted him to go to Buffalo if the hockey gods didn't smile on the oil lottery day. Having Auston Matthews on the Leafs is obnoxious enough ;)

Didn't mean to imply they could move. Just making a callback to how they could have been the greatest dynasty in league history, but Pocklington.

McDavid to the Oilers proves that the NHL lottery is not rigged.
    Unsure who I want to see win the cup. I guess I would go with Edmonton and Calgary as usual when they are in... although, I would miss the statistical anomaly that no Canadian team has won it since 1993.

Out of the East, I guess Washington would be cool to see get a shot with Ovechkin. Definitely no to Pittsburgh, the Rangers, and Boston

West, I am kind of sick of the Blackhawks. I like Nashville's team... and I think hockey is taking actual root there, and a nice cup run would solidify a hockey market that I once game zero chance. I like San Jose too. Always like when a west coast team stays alive for awhile for the double-headers.
    Obviously I want to see the Hawks in it, but we've won enough. As long as it isn't the fucking Penguins, I'm a happy Dyer.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Very unfortunate about Bickell. That dude was HUGE in the Hawks 2013 Cup run. Never really lived up to the offensive output after that but he was a team player & hell of a guy. Toews loved him, which is all the proof anyone should ever need about his character. Good to see him go out in style!

Doc Emrick's call of "Toews to Bickell! With 1:16 to go in the third!" will forever be ingrained in Blackhawks lore!

Very sad. But what a way for him to go out yesterday...that was perfect. When he was with the Hawks, I lived in the same neighborhood as him and would see him around walking his dogs...always seemed like a really good guy.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Obviously I want to see the Hawks in it, but we've won enough. As long as it isn't the fucking Penguins, I'm a happy Dyer.

It's never enough! Definitely think this Hawks team is going to make a deep run here...would be surprised if they don't make it to the conference finals at least.

It's never enough! Definitely think this Hawks team is going to make a deep run here...would be surprised if they don't make it to the conference finals at least.
    Hopefully they got all their funk out these last 3-4 games. I know they were meaningless as the conference was already snatched up but man, there was some ugly hockey played over the last week.
    Second most points in team history, & tied for most road wins in team history. Both records set by the 2015 Cup team. I'm liking that correlation!
    MayDay10 said:

MayDay10 said:

Didn't mean to imply they could move. Just making a callback to how they could have been the greatest dynasty in league history, but Pocklington.

McDavid to the Oilers proves that the NHL lottery is not rigged.
    Thanks for the traumatizing callback :lol:
    It has been a roller coaster from hell as an oil fan. All that winning when I was a kid, then everything just going to shit, nearly losing the team...then getting sooo close to glory again in 06, then having pronger rip our hearts out a few weeks later...then a full decade of suck, with so much false hope.
    You guys might not remember H.O.P.E....

Hall
    Omark
    Paajaarvi
    Eberle

Ugh. That was 2010... 7 YEARS ago, and they had already sucked for 3 years.

I think they take the sharks.

And the Bickell goal was awesome. Great sports moment.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Yes to Never Enough -- you never know when your idiot owner corporation AEG is going to fire your GM and Coach and name two former players to the top 2 positions on the team

Good Lord, what are they doing?
    @norm what do you think of this debacle? Peckerman's quotes compares what they did to the LA freaking Galaxy!
    I'm still a fan of the team but this is a sad day

Go Calgary and Edmonton.
    They didnt get it done, and I know a portion of the fan base blamed his style and lack of adaptation.
    I loved his style, it was consistent and won 2 cups for us.
    Also, he gave the best quotes/news conferences out of any coach I have ever followed. Classic hee-haw, no bullshit guy.
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834

Can't believe Sutter got fired.

Seriously

Guess I'm gonna root for the Caps, being a AHL bears fan now I've seen a few of the guys go up and down. And Ovechkin doesn't bug me as much anymore since he plays defense now.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

Yes to Never Enough -- you never know when your idiot owner corporation AEG is going to fire your GM and Coach and name two former players to the top 2 positions on the team

Good Lord, what are they doing?
    @norm what do you think of this debacle? Peckerman's quotes compares what they did to the LA freaking Galaxy!
    I'm still a fan of the team but this is a sad day

Go Calgary and Edmonton.

I still don't know. Dean, for as talented as he is, just wasn't getting it done. Bad trades, bad long contracts...he needed to go. Darryl, man I love him. No bullshit, old school hockey coach. Which is probably his failing. Game is changing and we can't compete like we did even a couple years ago. He didn't play the kids in the final few games. Why?

Love Luc and Rob. I hope they can get it done but rarely do the former players do well in the front office (Hi Edmonton!)

And let's be honest here. We're Kings fans. We're used to this. :lol:
    Still not happy about it.
    You do remind me of the many nights where the best part of going to The Forum was the Forum Club after the game, getting to drink with the road team players and the random celebrities.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Bob Probert's ashes were scattered in the Joe Lewis areana's penalty box for the final game. Creepy, but fitting.

Gonna miss that barn even though it only had three toilets in the joint. One of the all time great places to watch some hockey.
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    BLACK35 said:

im rooting for every canadian team except the leafs hahahahaha
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Nami said:

BLACK35 said:

im rooting for every canadian team except the leafs hahahahaha
    I'm rooting for every team Canadian team except the Senators and Habs

So pumped though, opening night of playoffs tonight, beer purchased yesterday and in fridge, chicken wings purchased and marinating for tonight. Man I love this time of year!!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Can't wait for tonight. Go Jackets!!!!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    The playoffs are better with more Canadian teams.... also Minnesota, St. Louis, San Jose, Chicago, and.... yes, Nashville have good excitable crowds.
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    Working for the Park District of Highland Park in Illinois we have what is called the SMILE Fund. The SMILE Fund is a grant-in-aid program in which local residents can apply for a scholarship, based on financial need, for participation fees for programs and memberships that we offer. In 2015, over $100,000 was awarded to families to participate in day camps, athletic programs, early childhood classes etc. The list goes on and on. Bottom line we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to SMILE regardless of financial stability. SMILE is under the Park District's 501c3 umbrella and information about SMILE can be found here pdhp.org/parks-foundation-highland-park/

In 2016, we hosted the first annual Champions Banquet recognizing our youth athletic programs and those that make them possible while benefitting the SMILE Fund. Chicago Cubs legend, Fergie Jenkins was our keynote speaker and was fantastic. Through this evening, slightly under $10,000 was raised for the SMILE Fund via ticket sales and the amazing silent and live auction items that were available.

The 2017 Champions Banquet is set for Thursday, May 25 in Highland Park and features, Chicago Blackhawk legend, Denis Savard as our keynote speaker this year. More information about the event can be found here pdhp.org/event/2017-champions-banquet/

I would love for any and all local fans to attend and make this event something special for the community in which I work and serve daily. Plus you can meet, have your picture taken with, and get an autograph from a NHL Hall of Famer! Pretty cool.

If you have any questions, would like to attend, or even donate an item or money to our fund please reach out.

Thanks for reading!