PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139

Brooklyn Bars < Manhattan Bars. Going to some later with a board member who lived here for years so perhaps he will change my mind....but Philly bars wayyyy better than these as well IMO.

@The Juggler -- did you go to Peter Luger's last night? What did you think?
    I ended up getting in early enough to consider it but instead went the opposite direction on costs and got a pastrami on rye @ Junior's. Pickled beets and cold Beers to go with it? $28.00 and very good.

Followed up by way too many vodka drinks at shitty hipster bars.

Only going one night so gonna be an early bird special before the show. We're leaving here in a minute.

Did anyone find out the order of inductions tonight?
    No on the order.
    Enjoy the steak. Be 100% certain to order at least one piece of the bacon as an App. This is not normal bacon!
    Awesome place. Yeah bacon was great and the the sauce made something as simple as the tomato/onion appetizer way more interesting than it sounds.

We also went to this cool cigar bar a couple blocks away before going in. Diamante's, I think is what it's called. Real chill place.

Great night all around. Our seats were way up there and in the middle of the row (can't believe how narrow and steep it is up there) so we eventually made our way down to this standing room only section near 214. Cocktail concession bar and bathroom were right outside. Perfect spot.

How corny was Journey with their Philippino Steve Perry singer? I was hoping Perry would come out for at least one song. Pretty lame

PJ owned that entire place. So glad I went.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    played pretty well this weekend, pleasantly surprised.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

played pretty well this weekend, pleasantly surprised.

yea expected very little from their offense yesterday after Saturday's explosion. This team has hit a ton of extra base hits so far. Kendrick and Saunders have been better than expected so far.

that Hellickson injury was freaky. Never seen where a guy couldn't close his hand. I know they said it was a cramp but that was weird. hope it's not something more serious.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

Brooklyn Bars < Manhattan Bars. Going to some later with a board member who lived here for years so perhaps he will change my mind....but Philly bars wayyyy better than these as well IMO.

@The Juggler -- did you go to Peter Luger's last night? What did you think?
    I ended up getting in early enough to consider it but instead went the opposite direction on costs and got a pastrami on rye @ Junior's. Pickled beets and cold Beers to go with it? $28.00 and very good.

Followed up by way too many vodka drinks at shitty hipster bars.

Only going one night so gonna be an early bird special before the show. We're leaving here in a minute.

Did anyone find out the order of inductions tonight?
    No on the order.
    Enjoy the steak. Be 100% certain to order at least one piece of the bacon as an App. This is not normal bacon!
    Awesome place. Yeah bacon was great and the the sauce made something as simple as the tomato/onion appetizer way more interesting than it sounds.

We also went to this cool cigar bar a couple blocks away before going in. Diamante's, I think is what it's called. Real chill place.

Great night all around. Our seats were way up there and in the middle of the row (can't believe how narrow and steep it is up there) so we eventually made our way down to this standing room only section near 214. Cocktail concession bar and bathroom were right outside. Perfect spot.

How corny was Journey with their Philippino Steve Perry singer? I was hoping Perry would come out for at least one song. Pretty lame

PJ owned that entire place. So glad I went.
    Glad you and Cliffy both had fun.
    We were 5 rows up on the top level so we actually went 'down' upon entering the stands...but it was still steep. I was really pissed I didn't StubHub elitist seats when the time hit 4 hours and still no PJ. Even more so when Given To Fly came on and after a few jumps I realized I wasn't going to be able to move around too much since the guy to my left was a drunken robot. Would have bumped into him repeatedly and that's not cool. Still was a great time.
    Went to a good dive bar with a board member who used to live there....and then we went to a great dinner spot. Had a Bone Marrow dish. Not Luger's bacon, but fucking ridiculously good.
    After we went to a place that ignored the last call rule for a long time. Hipster-ish but not the type that wanted to make me slap them, which was the exact description of the place I went to for drinks Thursday night.

Egress from that building's 2nd level was a complete fucking joke.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Kinda kicking myself for not going now - sounds like it was a blast. Guess I'll wait to the 29th to watch it.

Kinda kicking myself for not going now - sounds like it was a blast. Guess I'll wait to the 29th to watch it.

yeah kinda wish i had gone but work and money and all.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    You should've gone. PJ20 miss is maybe the only real regret in my life. Plenty of things I would do differently....But that was the only non-family related one where I would've done a lot to go back and change.
    Didn't want to have the same regret with this.
    (Not saying this was as good as a two day celebration of Pearl Jam...Just saying that I think I would have wished I had gone afterword if I didn't )
    I am so glad I went with two close friends from this crazy board (SD and Dankind) who made it even better than going solo.
    thanks for coming Clay. Was nice knowing you. Fuck the Mets. man they just kick the Phils ass.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I am stupid excited for this. Going next weekend. I have commuted past this for pretty much every day since they broke ground a few years ago. I cannot wait. The building looks awesome.

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/museums/american-revolution/419416624.html

What's this patch the Phillies are wearing on their sleeve?

For Dallas Green. I like it. Wish it was a tad bigger

chinese-happy.jpg

I am stupid excited for this. Going next weekend. I have commuted past this for pretty much every day since they broke ground a few years ago. I cannot wait. The building looks awesome.

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/museums/american-revolution/419416624.html

That looks very cool
    Will for sure check that out soon

For Dallas Green. I like it. Wish it was a tad bigger

Yeah that makes sense. I thought it was a D. It is small. A cool patch though

That looks very cool
    Will for sure check that out soon
    Yeah man. Looks awesome. Got a great write up in the times too. Don't thinks it's terrible big but looks awesome
    pjhawks said:

thanks for coming Clay. Was nice knowing you. Fuck the Mets. man they just kick the Phils ass.

guess it's payback from '07-'13 when we were kicking their ass. :neutral:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    This team sure as hell knows how to give up wins. 1 strike away from being 2 games under and not in a terrible situation but instead we are 4 games under and playing a team that just swept us. God save us.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
    ehbacon said:

This team sure as hell knows how to give up wins. 1 strike away from being 2 games under and not in a terrible situation but instead we are 4 games under and playing a team that just swept us. God save us.

fucking bryce harper :anguished: (and the phillies bullpen)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    What an excruciating way to lose
    chinese-happy.jpg
    doesn't get any better than sunny and mid 80s temperatures.
    It is 65 and rainy today. But yeah, sunny days are nice.
    chinese-happy.jpg

yes but i trust the process that it will once again be mid-80s and sunny sometime soon.
    pjhawks said:

yes but i trust the process that it will once again be mid-80s and sunny sometime soon.
    Or check the weather report.
    chinese-happy.jpg

pjhawks said:

nah I can guess as well as they can.
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

nah I can guess as well as they can.
    Well you did a great job of jinxing us. I don't see a single sunny/80 degree day in the next 10 days. Supposed to golf on Thursday--right now they are saying thunderstorms. Hopefully they're wrong as usual.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Awesome. My favorite Phillie.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    :smiley: i remember taping that on my vcr when it happened, I think i still have it.

Clay Bucholz done for the year
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Yo, fuck Philly sports talk radio, but this is sweet - http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/04/20/john-middleton-trophy-die-trying/

I've been praising this guy for a while, I don't think you can ask for anything else in an owner. Hopefully nothing that's Negadelphian-esque happens with this guy....like his alcoholic sister in New Mexico takes a substantial amount of his ownership and/or he gets hit by a truck.
    Yeah I like Middleton too. Remember reading stories about how pissed he was after they lost in '09.

Decent road trip for the Phightns...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Are you guys keeping it Brockmire? Please tell me I'm not the only one watching this show
    chinese-happy.jpg