Does anybody really know what's going on?

2»

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596

brianlux said:

Feels a little bit like Mr. Kunstler is reading my mind:

"There are times in the course of events when a society cannot tell what the fuck is going on, or what to do about it, and this is one of those moments in history here in the USA. The quandaries of life on the home front — how to make a living, how to care for ourselves and loved ones — get shoved aside by misadventures in foreign lands with their own quandaries. One delusion leads to another until you enter a zero gravity of the mind. Case in point du jour: Syria."

http://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nation/wonderland/

That's something that has trickled down: trump's style of management and policy that is based on chaos and impulsivity. And people say the government is ineffective!
    Yet how much of any of this, if anything, is really being orchestrated by D.T.? Who knows?!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    edited April 2017
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Feels a little bit like Mr. Kunstler is reading my mind:

"There are times in the course of events when a society cannot tell what the fuck is going on, or what to do about it, and this is one of those moments in history here in the USA. The quandaries of life on the home front — how to make a living, how to care for ourselves and loved ones — get shoved aside by misadventures in foreign lands with their own quandaries. One delusion leads to another until you enter a zero gravity of the mind. Case in point du jour: Syria."

http://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nation/wonderland/

That's something that has trickled down: trump's style of management and policy that is based on chaos and impulsivity. And people say the government is ineffective!
    Yet how much of any of this, if anything, is really being orchestrated by D.T.? Who knows?!
    Very little ...would be my guess. He can't even form a proper sentence, after all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    thank god we have the media to tell us what's right
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    rssesq said:

People mean business when the put media in italics.
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    edited April 2017
    Post deleted by Admin.
    See the Posting Guidelines
    Post edited by Sea on
  • rssesq said:

People mean business when the put media in italics.
    Lol
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    edited April 2017
    Closed for review, now reopened. I apologize for not reopening this thread yesterday. It's just been a little bit busy. By the way, anytime someone has a question, I'm at Kat...please feel free to private message me...just for peace of mind.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    edited April 2017
    Kat said:

Closed for review, now reopened. I apologize for not reopening this thread yesterday. It's just been a little bit busy. By the way, anytime someone has a question, I'm at Kat...please feel free to private message me...just for peace of mind.

thanks Kat.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Cool, thanks Kat.

Meanwhile, back to trying to understand what it is, what it is. The marvelous, talented and beautiful Joan Baez definitely has some things figured out:

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2017/04/06/joan-baez-goes-viral-nasty-man-protest-song-trump-era
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.