Conspiracy Nuts?

Comments

• onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I don't know exactly how they deal with the G-LOC, I know veteran pilots don't have much of a problem with it. Probably why they have centrifuge training for new pilots.

Someone can die and come back to life 20 minutes later, that's entirely possible. Their hearts can stop and be brought back to life, happens every day I'd imagine. It's kind of liking shutting down your computer and turning it on 20 minutes later. Only the body relies on it's self for power, so shutting it down for too long might cause it to stop functioning. Brain damage of course is common

i read that brain damage occures within 3 minutes and after 7 minutes of no blood; the brain will not function. my situation is different. they clamped the coraded arteries in my neck but kept my body alive artificially. i had no measurable brain activity for 20 minutes. the brain was being "irrigated" by the doctors but they couldn't measure any activity on whatever machine they use. a brain can survive in a jar for a while if irrigated but activity stops.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    After reading some pages from Kabong's thread about explosives in WTC I realized something. Aperantly most of the posters here are very quick to label anyone who believes in conspiracy theories as a "nut". I see that they call them nuts because they believe in things that dont have alot of logic and just dont make any sense. So if I were to tell you all a story some 2000 years ago about a man who walked on water, turned water into wine, healed the injured and disabled, and many other increadible things only to be crucified and later resurect from the dead and then after roaming the earth for some 40 days ascended up into the sky never to be heard from again. Are any of you out there going to give me any proof? My point is dont call someone a nut for believing in events that have questions that are yet to be answered because if we were to do that then I think that all humans, especially those who believe in one of the major religions is nuts also.

sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.
  • azwyldcats wrote:
    you nut

That's a mature, constructive response. Childish, even.

And atypical of the original point bein gmade in the thread topic.

Grow up, son.
    The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    i was legally brain dead for 20 minutes and can assure you God and Jesus exist.

Please do explain, if you will.

I do see how being legally brain dead for 20 minutes is proof of God and Jesus' existence.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • siochansiochan Posts: 304
    Because a person believes they see jesus/god/ or whatever doesn't necessarily mean anything to others just to that individual who had that experience.

It's like people discussing spirirts/ghosts .... i've had that type of experience and personally to myself I understand those experiences but doesn't mean I can convince others that such beings - ghosts or whatever you want to call them exist.

THe important thing is that one has to understand acept and realise that we are individuals and we can believe in certain things regardless if others don't believe accept or want to understand them....

To call someone a nut bvecause they have a diferent opinion is just lack of tolerance for others around you..... I've been called a nut several times for various reasons doesn't mean i believe i am one....... or care what someone thinks ....
    " You cannot throw a rope around the neck of an idea" .....Bobby Sands.
  • floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    siochan wrote:
    To call someone a nut bvecause they have a diferent opinion is just lack of tolerance for others around you

It's a lot like being called a sheep. That is another term that is thrown out all the time around here when someone happens to not fall into the "nut" category.
  • CaterinaACaterinaA Posts: 572
    that is freaky man...... i dream every day and really vivid dreams too. i cant imagine sleep without dreams. I still think we know very little about the mind.

If I'm not mistaken, most of people dream continually while sleeping, the thing did not dream about anything last night"...
  • CaterinaA wrote:
    If I'm not mistaken, most of people dream continually while sleeping, the thing did not dream about anything last night"...

so people who dont have dreams are really just dreaming about nothing? hmmmm
  • CaterinaACaterinaA Posts: 572
    so people who dont have dreams are really just dreaming about nothing? hmmmm

Sorry, it was a "sentence malfunction". I can´t help thinking in spanish and then translating into english what I want to say...what I wrote sounded very clear in spanish ;)

What I meant is that most people actually dream every night and throughout the whole sleeping period. But, most of the time we don't remember our dreams.

EDIT: I just read my previous post and there's also a case of a loose-finger. I must have pressed delete and didn't notice, 'cause the post doesn't make much sense, thanks for letting me know
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    i was legally brain dead for 20 minutes and can assure you God and Jesus exist. not that you'll listen because your mind is made up. religion is based on faith.

i've been following el's thread throughtout the entire debate and not one shread of evidence has been presented to prove any type of conspiracy. just the babblings of people who were not involved in the investigation and not having the education to make such claims. if you noticed; none of them would bend even when presented with solid evidence that events occured. i'm surprised they admitt it even happened. oh yea; one said it was holograms.
    i live a free and happy life and i can't imagine living in such fear and distrust. everything must be questioned but where's the line?

no one said it was holograms, a person said others think it was, but i didn't see a single person in the thread say they thought it was holograms...
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
    siochan wrote:
    Because a person believes they see jesus/god/ or whatever doesn't necessarily mean anything to others just to that individual who had that experience.

It's like people discussing spirirts/ghosts .... i've had that type of experience and personally to myself I understand those experiences but doesn't mean I can convince others that such beings - ghosts or whatever you want to call them exist.

THe important thing is that one has to understand acept and realise that we are individuals and we can believe in certain things regardless if others don't believe accept or want to understand them....

To call someone a nut bvecause they have a diferent opinion is just lack of tolerance for others around you..... I've been called a nut several times for various reasons doesn't mean i believe i am one....... or care what someone thinks ....

it would've been cool to see God or Jesus. or even the light and tunnel senerio. but it was just death. no golden chariots. i was catholic when it happened and i didn't get what i expected. i was actually shocked at what death is really like. i agree that someone brought back from a heart attack is probably dreaming. when i see these people on tv i can tell who was dreaming and who wasn't. i'd say at least 95% were dreaming. i didn't see heaven but i knew there was another place i had to go to.
    El_Kabong wrote:
    no one said it was holograms, a person said others think it was, but i didn't see a single person in the thread say they thought it was holograms...

sorry el. i misquoted. someone said others think it was a hologram. i stand corrected.
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    it would've been cool to see God or Jesus. or even the light and tunnel senerio. but it was just death. no golden chariots. i was catholic when it happened and i didn't get what i expected. i was actually shocked at what death is really like. i agree that someone brought back from a heart attack is probably dreaming. when i see these people on tv i can tell who was dreaming and who wasn't. i'd say at least 95% were dreaming. i didn't see heaven but i knew there was another place i had to go to.

If you were brought up in an Islamic family, would you have said Allah and His prophet are the truth and true path?
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • . i didn't see heaven but i knew there was another place i had to go to.

An anonymous internet forum? Some second chance...

Anyhoo, what you think you saw does not mean there is God and Jesus, as you said earlier. To even say so is just plain silly. Utterly silly, in fact.

It may prove it TO YOU...
    The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage
    An anonymous internet forum? Some second chance...

Anyhoo, what you think you saw does not mean there is God and Jesus, as you said earlier. To even say so is just plain silly. Utterly silly, in fact.

It may prove it TO YOU...

dude; i don't give a flying .... what you believe or don't believe. with all the scientific evidence proving God i think non-believers are just plain stupid so i guess it's a mexican stand-off.
  • acroyearacroyear Posts: 46
    After reading some pages from Kabong's thread about explosives in WTC I realized something. Aperantly most of the posters here are very quick to label anyone who believes in conspiracy theories as a "nut". I see that they call them nuts because they believe in things that dont have alot of logic and just dont make any sense. So if I were to tell you all a story some 2000 years ago about a man who walked on water, turned water into wine, healed the injured and disabled, and many other increadible things only to be crucified and later resurect from the dead and then after roaming the earth for some 40 days ascended up into the sky never to be heard from again. Are any of you out there going to give me any proof? My point is dont call someone a nut for believing in events that have questions that are yet to be answered because if we were to do that then I think that all humans, especially those who believe in one of the major religions is nuts also.

Comparing Kabong to Christ is bit of a stretch. NIce try. Lol...
    "If you want peace, be prepared for war."
    George Washington
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    dude; i don't give a flying .... what you believe or don't believe. with all the scientific evidence proving God i think non-believers are just plain stupid so i guess it's a mexican stand-off.

Whoa! I missed a lot, where is the evidence proving God?
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Whoa! I missed a lot, where is the evidence proving God?

i'm not going thru all the archeological discoveries of the past 100 or so years. if you were really interested you'd look it up yourself. i'm not a secretary.
    i'm not going thru all the archeological discoveries of the past 100 or so years. if you were really interested you'd look it up yourself. i'm not a secretary.

Oh I see, that's proof eh?

I guess it doesn't take much to convince you.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire

Here I found something for you on Wikipedia. You can check out ancient-texts.com or sacred-texts.com or something like that aswell.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Mesopotamian mythology is the collective name given to Sumerian, Akkadian, Assyrian, and Babylonian mythologies from the land between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers in modern Iraq, Syria and Turkey.

The Sumerians practiced a polytheistic religion, with anthropomorphic gods or goddesses representing forces or presences in the world, much as in the later Greek mythology. The gods originally created humans as servants for themselves but freed them when they became too much to handle.

Many stories in Sumerian religion appear homologous to stories in other middle-eastern religions. For example, the Biblical account of the creation of man as well as Noah's flood narrative resemble the Sumerian tales very closely though fragments of the Sumerian myths were written many centuries earlier than the Tanakh (Old Testament) and the Bible. Gods and goddesses from Sumer have distinctly similar representations in the religions of the Akkadians, Caananites, and others. A number of related stories and deities have Greek parallels as well; for example, it has been argued by some that Inanna's descent into the underworld strikingly recalls (and predates) the story of Persephone.

Archaelogists uncovered literally 100,000s of ancient tablets from Sumer. Many of the events and people they portray can be proven to have existed. However, that does not mean that the gods exist, or that the gods change with aeons. You might want to check out David Icke if you are so persuaded.

Additionally there has never been any proof of Jesus Christ's existance. It has been proven however that a similar messiah in the same time period existed. His name was something like Tyanus of Appalachia, though that doesn't seem to work in google. I'll remember eventually.
  • with all the scientific evidence proving God i think non-believers are just plain stupid so i guess it's a mexican stand-off.

okey dokey. What an inane, even INSANE statement to make!!

Please enlighten me as to this "scientific evidence" that proves god.

Believe me, this is no mexican stand off. Just reality, against superstition born from fear. Science, against lost human beings who believe in nothing, hence they have to create false gods and idols.

Strange to believe that today, in the 21st century, people like you still exist.
    Whats next, the world stil flat? The earth centre of the universe? Light, our ability to view objects, comes from God? Hey your church taught all that shit upto 3 or 400 years ago.
  • To this day it still blows me away how good these guys were at flying planes. Seemed to miss that big pole which seems to be less than fifty feet from the impact zone. WOW!!! Just admit it was a missile and be on with it............

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/gallery/2017/mar/31/pentagon-after-911-attack-american-airlines-flight-77-in-pictures

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786

spellcheck broken or just drunk?

Don't call some a nut for believing in something that has little to no proof or logic behind it?
    ...ok...

Unanswered questions are not proof of anything. That's not how science works.

And yes, people who believe in an imaginary sky god should be checked for psychological evaluation. It seems like the people who are most dedicated to the afterlife, are also the ones who are most dedicated to destroying the world we live in now.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    I am going to get myself evaluated due to my belief in God and Jesus! Thank you PJ boards for showing me the light!
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    keep exploitin - St. Peter aint real - your gonna be just fine. lol

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled.....
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    This thread is old as fuck.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    THE LOOK said:

I am going to get myself evaluated due to my belief in God and Jesus! Thank you PJ boards for showing me the light!

...well...???
    how did it go
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    CM189191 said:

THE LOOK said:

...well...???
    how did it go
    The Pastor said he/she was all good.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    I was going to post this in the Trump thread, but, you know......

So I dug and found another thread that works even better.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/08/07/alt_right_links_h_r_mcmaster_to_george_soros.html

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I was going to post this in the Trump thread, but, you know......

So I dug and found another thread that works even better.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/08/07/alt_right_links_h_r_mcmaster_to_george_soros.html

Nice. The things people think of.

I think the heavy trolling got the other thread closed. It was getting hard to handle.
    It's a hopeless situation...