Radiohead

Comments

• BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    Got my GA for Kansas City. So pumped they are coming back here, can't wait! Will be seeing Radiohead and A Perfect Circle in April!
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    Ryan said:

Does anyone have any idea how to get Radiohead tickets for either show in Manchester? Just recently I decided on dates for a European trip this summer, but this happened after the show went on sale and sold out. I know Radiohead is printing the purchaser's name on the tickets this tour. Does that make it impossible to buy them on the secondary market?

I'm wondering this too. Not all tickets are credit card/ID entry for this tour. Do tickets usually drop on Ticketmaster closer to/day of show for Radiohead arena shows?
    You could keep an eye on beatthetouts.com. They've helped me get tickets in the past. It's a UK site that posts daily about presales, on sales and ticket drops. I think you can sign up for notifications.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2017
    Finally bought A Moon Shaped Pool on vinyl. The sound quality on this record is very good.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    PJ_Soul said:

Finally bought A Moon Shapes Pool on vinyl. The sound quality on this record is very good.

I have a white copy and it sounds great!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    edited January 2017
    PJ_Soul said:

Finally bought A Moon Shapes Pool on vinyl. The sound quality on this record is very good.

such a great album...my second favorite album from 2016.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427

JH6056 said:

picked up 3 for seattle - it took 20 minutes and three devices keep trying

First off, thank you SO MUCH for telling me to keep trying! I was able to get 1 each for Portland and Seattle, which was the minimum I hoped for. Thank you for encouraging me to keep going!

That said, WTF, so I kept clicking "search again" now in search of my 2nd ticket for each show for my show buddy, and after awhile it got easier to just keep clicking search again (they didn't ask again and again that I show I'm not a robot), but then something happened and suddenly it said every time I tried to either log in directly to ticketmaster, or through the WASTE link, it told me I "don't have permission to access event # _____ from this server"! All I did was just keep clicking search again over and over - WTF is up witth that?? And now it won't let me access it from ANY device on my home server!

Has that ever happened to anyone?

One more question... is this a situation where more tickets may be released over the course of the day? Or are they all out now and once they're totally gone, they're gone?

Thanks for all your expertise!
    Drinks on you in Seattle!!!!
    Fair enough! See you there, thanks again :)
  • RyanRyan Posts: 1,012
    rw160510 said:

Ryan said:

Does anyone have any idea how to get Radiohead tickets for either show in Manchester? Just recently I decided on dates for a European trip this summer, but this happened after the show went on sale and sold out. I know Radiohead is printing the purchaser's name on the tickets this tour. Does that make it impossible to buy them on the secondary market?

I'm wondering this too. Not all tickets are credit card/ID entry for this tour. Do tickets usually drop on Ticketmaster closer to/day of show for Radiohead arena shows?
    You could keep an eye on beatthetouts.com. They've helped me get tickets in the past. It's a UK site that posts daily about presales, on sales and ticket drops. I think you can sign up for notifications.
    I had bookmarked both the Dublin and Manchester shows to keep checking for tickets. In my Internet travels today I checked for Dublin and three tickets popped up so I was able to score my two! There is still a single coming up if anyone needs one.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    I will be in Seattle and Portland. Here is an event I am working on for Portland, consider joining us to support an amazing local non-profit:

https://www.facebook.com/events/155561198293292
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I see them in next week!!!!

https://youtu.be/evK6qDeZqiY

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755

I see them in next week!!!!

https://youtu.be/evK6qDeZqiY

God damn I'm fucking jealous of you.
    Also, has anyone heard Ill Wind? It was part of the deluxe set of A Moon Shaped Pool and it's nowhere to be heard online on any legal outlet.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    I was on the rail last night. My first rail experience.
  • CopperTom said:

Beauty!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    the Saturday show in ATL was amazing.
    played my favorite songs off of Amnesiac and In Rainbows

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

CopperTom said:

Hell yes!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    KC show was really great!
    I'm in Seattle, it's been an INSANE week of stress, so I'm so relieved and finally excited to go to tomorrow's show! Anyone know of good places to go before show around Key Arena? Or of any fan pre-shows? I don't even know where to look - does WASTE even have a fan forum?
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    Pesos is a couple of blocks from the Key. Lively bar and great food.
    mr bungle said:

Pesos is a couple of blocks from the Key. Lively bar and great food.

Thanks, might just check that out!
    I don't think that WASTE has a forum, but At Ease is pretty much the official/non-official message board for Radiohead. It's a tough crowd over there though.
    Man, I didn't take enough drugs for that rave party last night. (Radiohead concert)
    But did you still enjoy it? I thought it was mostly fantastic! Portland tonight... Gotta say though, I've got real complaint about distinction between "credit card entry" tix and regular waste tix. And no one at venue last night to talk to from Waste, whereas PJ always has Tenclub folks who can be contacted when there's a problem. Portland tonight, hoping to let someone from tour know about credit card entry debacle.

But I did get in and the show was fantastic. 5 songs from OK Computer and I love most of the new album which was 6 songs last night so..... If they'd played "Just" I woulda exploded from joy, but apparently they haven't played that in 8 years...
    It was good, just not a PJ show ;)
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    Radiohead and rave?! I don't picture it, unless you're referring to the song Ful Stop which has a lot of strobe lighting.. Did they play that? Fucken love that one..
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
    I think they've been playing Ful Stop almost every night. There were a LOT of strobe light, slightly EDM-sounding songs, so I get the rave reference. But the songs are so so much more complex and better than EDM. Idiotech (sp?) was one of the best songs live in both Seattle and Portland.
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427

Wow that's incredible.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    My wife is going to see them at the Santa Barbara Bowl tomorrow night......place only holds around 5,000 people.....great venue where huge bands often play.

I will be stuck in the office because of tax season :s
    Had the opportunity to get tickets to last night's show in Portland, but had to skip because of this damn flu bug. Setlist looks incredible.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com