Options

..Something more than a band....

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
Last time i got emotional and my eyes got wet was when i watched at the theater in toronto PJ20 movie premiere...happened again last night,watchin RNRHOF show...i realise once again,that i grow up together with this band,how important was for my life..and how much inspiring they was for me...this is more than just a band indeed for alot of uis..and what is really amazing watching their speech tonight was how human they are and how they know the community they create all those years..yeah..our great community of all you fuckers out there,the oine im very proud to be a part of....
Love as much as u can and we dont leave anyone behind...
Cant Find A Better BAND...
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Comments

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    edited April 2017
    Very well put Dimitris!
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,674
    I echo those statements. Well said!
  • Options
    Great sentiment felt by many.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    I would have never been a huge fan if they were not such great, charitable and humble people. As a teenager I looked up to them for being true to themselves and true to their fans. Nice to see they haven't changed too much and are in a happy place.
  • Options
    fookiefookie Posts: 251
    Well said Dimi
    Being there last night was almost surreal
    Thinking - how did we get here
    They mean so much to so many and yet the mu never make it about themselves
    Always the fans and those who help them
    Was also nice to hear ed say they were about half way there..selfishly we all want as many years from them as possible
    Cheers
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    fookie said:

Well said Dimi
    Being there last night was almost surreal
    Thinking - how did we get here
    They mean so much to so many and yet the mu never make it about themselves
    Always the fans and those who help them
    Was also nice to hear ed say they were about half way there..selfishly we all want as many years from them as possible
    Cheers

I find those halfway there comments funny. Bands are never as hungry as their first few years. They are in cruise control now just putting out records every 4 years and playing 20-25 concerts a year. Nothing wrong with that. Works for me. No new ground is being broken with Just Breathe and Sirens.