Options

Anyone want to shape up in 2018? A continuing journey.......

Comments

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Awesome!!
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250

Got about six miles in today.

Sounds like a good time in the sunshine and mountains.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Excellent!

I copped out and only ran 1.3 miles this morning. I haven't lifted in a handful of days because I'm trying to cut back on gas money from the 25 mile drive to the gym.
    Weighed in at 183.0 before dinner, that puts me 27lbs down in 93 days. That puts me right near 2 lbs/week and that's respectable enough, particularly considering that a few pounds were converted from fat to muscle.
    2 lbs a week is very respectable. I have that as a goal.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    2 lbs a week is a great achievement, and still in a healthy range! Good job Gambs!
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

It was until this current storm moved in at around 10,000 ft. ( I walked up Rampart road, almost up in to the reservoir between here and Woodland Park). It was very surreal, as I walked through the Waldo Canyon burn scar/restoration sites. It was odd to look down, and see how close the fire came to my parents' house ( where I lived at the time, and do again momentarily..). I could see my cul de sac from there, in the distance of the fire line.. gave me chills. But the neatest experience followed.. as I turned to return back down the mountainside, back into GOG.. I was caught up in the awe of nature.. small pine saplings, and tender shafts of grass sprouted up out of charred rocks, and beside blackened matchstick tree trunks; stark picture.. I wish I had taken pics.. it was a unique experience for sure! I want to camp up there this year!
  • Options
    Today??? 1 1/2 ft of snow! LIBRARIES ARE CLOSED! Lol
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822

Ms. Haiku said:

It was until this current storm moved in at around 10,000 ft. ( I walked up Rampart road, almost up in to the reservoir between here and Woodland Park). It was very surreal, as I walked through the Waldo Canyon burn scar/restoration sites. It was odd to look down, and see how close the fire came to my parents' house ( where I lived at the time, and do again momentarily..). I could see my cul de sac from there, in the distance of the fire line.. gave me chills. But the neatest experience followed.. as I turned to return back down the mountainside, back into GOG.. I was caught up in the awe of nature.. small pine saplings, and tender shafts of grass sprouted up out of charred rocks, and beside blackened matchstick tree trunks; stark picture.. I wish I had taken pics.. it was a unique experience for sure! I want to camp up there this year!
    I had a similar experience a couple of years ago when I cycled the Kettle Valley trail in southern BC, in the Okanagan. Part of the trail, which is an old railway bed, runs through the site of a massive forest fire years ago that has just been left as-is, to recover naturally. The site of the every-changing ecosystem is awe-inspiring.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    30 minutes on the rowing machine
    45 minutes on the stationary bicycle

I felt good.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Mothafuckin' CHEAT DAY in the house!

I had a greek yogurt for breakfast/lunch.

I am having pizza at a kids birthday party this afternoon and then lasagna and garlic bread for dinner! OOH YEAH!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    I survived my binge and weighed in at a good weight.
    An hour lift this morning wasn't as much as I was hoping for, but planting onions, spreading compost, and mucking out the chicken coop will boost it and hopefully I can run a few miles tonight in this fabulous spring weather.
    Cheers y'all, keep at it!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    rgambs said:

An hour lift this morning wasn't as much as I was hoping for, but planting onions, spreading compost, and mucking out the chicken coop will boost it and hopefully I can run a few miles tonight in this fabulous spring weather.

Mucking out the chicken coop will definitely do some cardio boosting! Lol do you guys eat the chickens? Or just use them for eggs? ( if you eat them soak the carcass and feathers in vinegar overnight, and then bury them in the bottom of the compost box. When your six week roll over comes up roll just the top half.. next set roll the bottom half. Next set do a full roll.. and do so regularly from then on, and you can compost that stuff too. )
    And what worms do you use in your compost. I have always been partial to the earthies.. but hear others have this use as well as some grubs. Just curious..
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options

rgambs said:

Mucking out the chicken coop will definitely do some cardio boosting! Lol do you guys eat the chickens? Or just use them for eggs? ( if you eat them soak the carcass and feathers in vinegar overnight, and then bury them in the bottom of the compost box. When your six week roll over comes up roll just the top half.. next set roll the bottom half. Next set do a full roll.. and do so regularly from then on, and you can compost that stuff too. )
    And what worms do you use in your compost. I have always been partial to the earthies.. but hear others have this use as well as some grubs. Just curious..
    We keep them for eggs, but I am going to start raising up a batch of spring broilers for the freezer next year.
    The worms in the compost are just the locals that find their way in, I don't add any do anything special to encourage them. The compost pile is just a big heap that I add to every few days and turn once a week. I don't put any animal waste in because the chickens spend too much time digging around in it and I don't want to promote/spread disease. I boil feathers, skin, and bones and give the broth to my dogs for a protein boost when we are out camping and their appetite is down.
  • Options
    The viscera goes in the pit where I throw my firepit ashes.
  • Options
    45 minutes on the stationary bike

I felt good. I had afib on Saturday and Sunday, but it didn't affect this work out. Yay!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

We keep them for eggs, but I am going to start raising up a batch of spring broilers for the freezer next year.
    The worms in the compost are just the locals that find their way in, I don't add any do anything special to encourage them. The compost pile is just a big heap that I add to every few days and turn once a week. I don't put any animal waste in because the chickens spend too much time digging around in it and I don't want to promote/spread disease. I boil feathers, skin, and bones and give the broth to my dogs for a protein boost when we are out camping and their appetite is down.
    Yes, that works too. Vinegar soak kills bacteria, diseases .. etc, and speeds breakdown. Just an school farm habit. But I totally get the clean waste concept. I love seeing folks living as close to natural as possible! I can't wait til I have a spot to do that. .. my parents ( and I live in their basement..) are not so keen on my eco farming habits! Lol
  • Options
    Back to T.I. got 1 mile in. Spring cleaning is taking precedence today.
  • Options

Finished before the Orioles game, yay!
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    Squatted 225 today. Followed up with a moderately intense leg routine. My legs now feel like jelly lol. I foresee some foam rolling later tonight.
  • Options

Squatted 225 today. Followed up with a moderately intense leg routine. My legs now feel like jelly lol. I foresee some foam rolling later tonight.

Good work! Mind the stairs lol

I have been doing pretty well lately, getting my strength and conditioning in everyday.
    Weighed in this afternoon at 181 even, which is 29 ellbees so far this year.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

I have been doing pretty well lately, getting my strength and conditioning in everyday.
    Thanks gambs! Tomorrow might be rough lol.

Sounds like you're doing good work too. Dropping 29 is impressive. I need to get my diet back in check so I can get my weight down. Been eating too much crap lately.
  • Options

rgambs said:

Thanks gambs! Tomorrow might be rough lol.

Sounds like you're doing good work too. Dropping 29 is impressive. I need to get my diet back in check so I can get my weight down. Been eating too much crap lately.
    It's so hard, nasty food is so literally and figuratively addictive. Life is short, why not eat a bunch of soft, crumbly chocolate chunk cookies?
    'Cuz I don't want life to be THAT short lol
  • Options
    My wife is moonlighting for a colleague who runs a Pearl Vision in a mall in Akron. 51 years old, not fat...heart attack.
    He's ok, but...Damn

She put the Oreos back in the cupboard when she got that call.
  • Options
    I won't lie, I do have a bad sweet tooth. I've actually been really good about cutting out a lot of the candy, sweets, and desserts though. My problem is definitely portion control. I'll eat the full meal from a restaurant when I should split it and get 2 meals out of it. Stuff like that. I tell myself I'm bulking to help build muscle, but that's just a lie.
  • Options

I won't lie, I do have a bad sweet tooth. I've actually been really good about cutting out a lot of the candy, sweets, and desserts though. My problem is definitely portion control. I'll eat the full meal from a restaurant when I should split it and get 2 meals out of it. Stuff like that. I tell myself I'm bulking to help build muscle, but that's just a lie.

Food is soooo good! I have an iron stomach, I can eat forever and not feel like shit. A whole pizza? An entire package of sweets? A half a cake? No problems scarfing it down. I don't, but I could.
    And I want to.

I better go get my greek yogurt and have my "lunch" early lol this food talk is no good.
  • Options
    At least we can all be honest about our food issues. I ate a phenomenal dinner of Rib eye (3oz) sweet ginger shrimp, ( 2 oz.) and a Zucchini, mushroom, asparagus medley (4 oz) for dinner last night..It is hard to imagine how stuffed I was... oh but it was sooooo good and left overs for tonight!
  • Options

At least we can all be honest about our food issues. I ate a phenomenal dinner of Rib eye (3oz) sweet ginger shrimp, ( 2 oz.) and a Zucchini, mushroom, asparagus medley (4 oz) for dinner last night..It is hard to imagine how stuffed I was... oh but it was sooooo good and left overs for tonight!

Steak and salmon are regulars on my menu, high protein, relatively low calorie, very filling and satisfying.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Steak and salmon are regulars on my menu, high protein, relatively low calorie, very filling and satisfying.
    I love the surf and turf. :-D
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Inspiration! Love these 2!

https://youtu.be/Vj_Of-900uY
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    and a little weight training

I felt good.
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

and a little weight training

I felt good.

Awesome!
    I was off for a few days in a row because of Easter festivities. Lots of cake and no working out.
    Expected the gym to be rough at 5am but a few days off actually left me feeling pumped. Hour 20 lifting and 40min treadmill