New look?

drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
edited April 2017 in Technical Stuff and Help

Is this the new look? Or what is up with it?
Pittsburgh 2013
Cincinnati 2014
Greenville 2016
(Raleigh 2016)
Columbia 2016
Post edited by drakeheuer14 on

Comments

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    I see a new look on mobile only

Maybe the whole site is changing again
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    If so, I really appreciate ya'll making this much more universally user friendly! Please leave it like this! Lol

I see a new look on mobile only

Maybe the whole site is changing again

I can only post on mobile.. cause I'm a loser for the moment, and have no computer/laptop.. just an iPhone! Lol but I really like this format. It is much more navigable.. and access from any point to another, is readily doable... so far I'm on the Kudos side... so far..
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    The last look was much more simple and smooth imo
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    I HATE the new mobile format. It is much less easy to navigate and read. Please don't leave it like this.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.

I HATE the new mobile format. It is much less easy to navigate and read. Please don't leave it like this.

Yeah everything is more jumbled. I specifically will miss when if i read through a thread it turns light blue and then dark blue if new posts. As dumb as it may seem, i dont want to look at the small print that says "4 new posts"
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    It does seem a lot more user friendly, but a bit jarring when you don't expect it. Once used to it, I'm sure most won't miss the old format at all.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Given all of the other issues lately and how many use their phones to access the site, it would be a nice heads-up to let members know there will be major changes in viewing, in navigation, etc. - if only as a courtesy.

Not a fan of the new setup, but I don't use my phone too much for here (eyes can't take it). I feel for those who do, though.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    deadendp said:

It does seem a lot more user friendly, but a bit jarring when you don't expect it. Once used to it, I'm sure most won't miss the old format at all.

As the Fonz said, "Exactamundo!"

• offhegoes32offhegoes32 Posts: 407
    Whoa, definitely weird to see this big of a change. Is the only way to jump pages in a thread now first, last, and single click back? For instance, I often like to jump all over in old music recommendation threads in other music, in threads that have hundreds of pages. Unless I'm missing it, looks like that's not as easy now in mobile.
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
    Im curious what problems this is supposed to solve? Last version was great

Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    edited April 2017

Im curious what problems this is supposed to solve? Last version was great

:rofl: <<< because four years ago when they initiated the old format everyone bitched and cried that it was horrible.. and they hated it. Most ran away to FB.. (thank GOD!) Lol Then as everyone settled in, and they learned all the ins and outs.. NOW ya'll love it.

This is the true format upon which BBS sites operate. Given it was written correctly, this format should eliminate a TON of maintenance, and upkeep. It should also free up server space by Gigabytes... and by installing the universal hub access, it frees up a lot of RAM, and Cached memory.. this all in all will hopefully make this place run much smoother, and it is much easier for the Mods to follow, letting them do their job better. Once you get used to it, you will love it again.. just like all the other times they flipped the site in us!! Lol
    Post edited by whispering hands on
    Ok.. thank GOD! At least we can back out of the full site version on mobile if we want! Yay!!
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Where's my post count!? :lol:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    If you tap on the top left hand corner three lined button, the side bar pops up and you can switch over to full site if that is better for navigation for you.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I can't say I hate it. I did at first think "how long has this been" hahha like how far behind am I so I was please to see this thread started today and I was super busy and didn't get to surf the site at all today till now so phew!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Wow ok love the bottom where my inbox and can pull up my favorites so easily and quickly :rock_on:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217

Yep. This one is messing with my head.
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217

Yep. I'm having a hard time figuring out
    FoxyRedLa said:

Wow ok love the bottom where my inbox and can pull up my favorites so easily and quickly :rock_on:

Ok yeah... well that is kinda cool. :smiley:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2017
    I like a lot about the mobile update, but I feel there are a few glaring problems, though am hoping there is a solution. The biggest issue is that the threads with new posts are hard to distinguish. I REALLY wish they were highlighted somehow. I also can't see which ones I have replied to vs which ones I haven't easily. Is there a way to make that happen? Third, the navigation options are terrible. There is no way to go from forum to forum without going back to the forum main page again as far as I can tell. Also related to navigation, you can only go from page to page within a thread, in order, or to the first or last page. There really should be a way to jump to the middle of a long thread. Finally, how do you PM people?? I can't see any way. Actually, I don't even know how to access my own inbox. Any help there?
    I hope some improvements are still coming.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    You bring up great points^

On top of all that, the overall look just seems old and outdated
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Has anyone found their messaging inbox or how to PM others on mobile yet?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    PJ_Soul said:

Has anyone found their messaging inbox or how to PM others on mobile yet?

Navigation bar at the bottom of the page has inbox icon, globe icon, star icon, and pencil icon. The inbox icon takes you to your private message box. The globe takes you to your notifications. Star icon to your bookmarks. The pencil starts a new discussion or poll (click the pencil icon again to cancel).
    Hope this helps
  • KS80184KS80184 Posts: 385
    If I changed format to the full site, how do I get the forum to go back to the mobile friendly view?
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    KS80184 said:

If I changed format to the full site, how do I get the forum to go back to the mobile friendly view?

At the very bottom of the page there is a "Back to Mobile Site" link.
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    Is this the same reason the "participated" page looks different? I feel like it used to be easy to know which threads had new posts. Did that change recently? I think it used to have highlighting and even the number of new posts.
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    bazzer said:

Is this the same reason the "participated" page looks different? I feel like it used to be easy to know which threads had new posts. Did that change recently? I think it used to have highlighting and even the number of new posts.

Still see it in the porch etc., but not participated?
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    bazzer said:

bazzer said:

Still see it in the porch etc., but not participated?
    Thats the problem..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    And also the thing with the videos..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    And now an ugly yellow font. Yikes
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016