Eddie Vedder to Headline Pilgrimage Festival

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited May 2017 in The Porch
Update
https://pearljam.com/news/eddie-vedder-to-headline-pilgrimage-music-and-cultural-festival

Eddie Vedder to Headline Pilgrimage Fest on Sept 24

News May 9 2017

Pilgrimage Music & Cultural Festival announced the lineup by day for their third annual festival taking place on September 23 and 24, 2017 in Franklin, TN.

Eddie Vedder will headline on Sunday, September 24. 

TICKETS:

Single Day Passes on sale this Friday, May 12 at 10am CT

2-Day Passes are available now

A portion of ticket sales will benefit the City of Franklin and Friends of Franklin Parks as well as MusiCares, a non-profit organization that was established by The Recording Academy to provide a wide range of emergency financial assistance and addiction recovery resources to members of the music community.

----------------------------------

https://pearljam.com/news/eddie-vedder-to-headline-pilgrimage-music-and-cultural-festival

Eddie Vedder to Headline Pilgrimage Music and Cultural Festival
News April 4 2017

The festival returns for its third year to Franklin, Tennessee on September 23rd and 24th. Eddie Vedder's performance date is TBD. Tickets are available now.

The line-up features over 35 acts including Justin Timberlake, Ryan Adams, and The Avett Brothers.

For full line-up information click here. http://lineup.pilgrimagefestival.com

For Pilgrimage 2-day pass options click here.

A portion of ticket sales will benefit the City of Franklin and Friends of Franklin Parks as well as MusiCares, a non-profit organization that was established by The Recording Academy to provide a wide range of emergency financial assistance and addiction recovery resources to members of the music community.

Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Cool!
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Awesome!!!

Hopefully there are some USA tour dates coming soon as well... and hopefully a new EV album!
  • zanette13zanette13 New Hampshire Posts: 67
    Odds that Jack White will join him for a song or two?
    5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 9/26/15, 4/11/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 6/24/18, 6/26/18, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 5/6/22, 5/7/22, 5/9/22, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 9/17/22
    8/2/08, 6/16/11, 9/24/17, 2/3/22, 2/4/22
    11/4/16
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    Killer! So this is right outside of Nashville? I've always wanted to check out that city. Memphis is one of my favorite cities in the US.

Hopefully more US dates follow.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Pretty certain he wants to visit the great Lakes this year :smiley:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    What a great lineup:

Eddie Vedder
    Ryan Adams
    The Avett Brothers
    Gary Clark Jr.
    Trombone Shorty
    Shovels and Rope
    Amanda Shires
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    FoxyRedLa said:

Pretty certain he wants to visit the great Lakes this year :smiley:

That'd be cool with me!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    LukinFan said:

What a great lineup:

Eddie Vedder
    Ryan Adams
    The Avett Brothers
    Gary Clark Jr.
    Trombone Shorty
    Shovels and Rope
    Amanda Shires

Not only good artists, but good live acts as well!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    LukinFan said:

Killer! So this is right outside of Nashville? I've always wanted to check out that city. Memphis is one of my favorite cities in the US.

Hopefully more US dates follow.

Yes, Franklin is about a 15-20 minute drive (after 8pm) from downtown Nashville. If Memphis is one of your favorite cities, then Nashville will be amazing lol
  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    Sweet! I'll more than likely be there
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    it looks like it starts early and ends early

10am-8pm
  • Family type fest, very chill atmosphere and my2hands is correct, early start and end time. Live about 30 mins away, look forward to seeing all of y'all in my neck of the woods
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Done! Great lineup
  • MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    I have many dreams of my top 3 favorites at a festival, EV -Avett Bros- Ryan Adams.... Never thought it would happen!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Got tickets! We're psyched!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • blackngoldblackngold Posts: 264
    Any locals have thoughts on the Aloft Hotel in Franklin? Booked our room there so hopefully it's a decent place.

Any locals have thoughts on the Aloft Hotel in Franklin? Booked our room there so hopefully it's a decent place.

Yeah, it should be pretty good. I don't know anybody that has stayed there, but it's next door to D1 sports training and a lot of the athletes that train there (NFL/NBA/MLB draft hopefuls and even current pros) stay there. Most everything in the area is chain restaurants, but It's about 50 yards from Jonathans, which is a local sports bar with really good food and beer specials (happy hour all day usually on Saturday and Sunday during football season which is when this festival is) and 200-300 yards from Brewhouse South which is another local sports bar with about 100 beers on tap with lots of local beer selections and really good food also. The Cool Springs Galleria(big mall) is right there too about 500 yards away. You're about a 10 minute drive to the farm from that hotel depending on if you get caught at all the traffic lights.
  • leebug87leebug87 Posts: 92
    I'm not really a festival person, but I think I'm about to purchase VIP tickets to this. Vibe seems way different than other festivals and I've been wanting an excuse to visit Nashville
    i am lost, i'm no guide, but i'm by your side
    i am right by your side...
    How long do headliners usually play for festivals?
  • pjcordpjcord Posts: 75
    Does anyone know if this is a festival that would come close to selling out? I'm trying to convince a group to join me, and I don't see them being willing to pull the trigger on tickets six months in advance. Trying to figure out how long I can wait before buying tickets.
    whoa, $97 in service fees per ticket?! What in the heck!
  • blackngoldblackngold Posts: 264
    ponytd said:

Yeah, it should be pretty good. I don't know anybody that has stayed there, but it's next door to D1 sports training and a lot of the athletes that train there (NFL/NBA/MLB draft hopefuls and even current pros) stay there. Most everything in the area is chain restaurants, but It's about 50 yards from Jonathans, which is a local sports bar with really good food and beer specials (happy hour all day usually on Saturday and Sunday during football season which is when this festival is) and 200-300 yards from Brewhouse South which is another local sports bar with about 100 beers on tap with lots of local beer selections and really good food also. The Cool Springs Galleria(big mall) is right there too about 500 yards away. You're about a 10 minute drive to the farm from that hotel depending on if you get caught at all the traffic lights.
    Thank you ponytd.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    leebug87 said:

whoa, $97 in service fees per ticket?! What in the heck!

for the VIP? Wow.
    pjcord said:

Does anyone know if this is a festival that would come close to selling out? I'm trying to convince a group to join me, and I don't see them being willing to pull the trigger on tickets six months in advance. Trying to figure out how long I can wait before buying tickets.

They posted on Facebook that tickets were going fast.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    leebug87 said:

1:30-2 hours for this I think. It's supposed to end around 8, but headliners usually come on around 6-6:15ish
    pjcord said:

It has not sold out, to my knowledge, either year (this is the 3rd year of this festival). Last year they did average about 15k people per day, which probably is somewhat close to a sellout. I figure maybe 17.5k people for a day. However, with bigger names this year, it could sell out. I do know there are a lot of people that live here that don't know much about it at all, which tells me they don't watch local news at all since it's been all over that
    ponytd said:

leebug87 said:

1:30-2 hours for this I think. It's supposed to end around 8, but headliners usually come on around 6-6:15ish
    Thanks! I got tickets :) Sounds like it'll be fun

edited April 2017
    deleting double post. move along. nothing to see here
    Post edited by ponytd on
  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    Pony, so you are saying the end time will be 8ish? I have a group coming in from Clarksville looking to Airbnb somewhere, but we may just come back home.

Pony, so you are saying the end time will be 8ish? I have a group coming in from Clarksville looking to Airbnb somewhere, but we may just come back home.

That's what the website says. One of my friends who went the first year, said it was over around 8:30. So yeah, you should be good to go just driving back to Clarksville. there are several houses right in the area, so I'm sure they don't want loud music late at night
  • Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278
    ponytd said:

pjcord said:

It has not sold out, to my knowledge, either year (this is the 3rd year of this festival). Last year they did average about 15k people per day, which probably is somewhat close to a sellout. I figure maybe 17.5k people for a day. However, with bigger names this year, it could sell out. I do know there are a lot of people that live here that don't know much about it at all, which tells me they don't watch local news at all since it's been all over that
    And in recent years, the Nashville market has been really fast to sell out regular shows. Don't know if it's the music-biz connections taking up too many seats, or scalpers being particularly clever around there, but their arena shows (like two nights of Adele, or a Mumford & Sons show, to name two that gave trouble to my Nashville friends trying to buy) are often selling out in minutes. I think the presence of a superstar like Timberlake would drive this fest to sell much, much faster than it has in its first couple of years; probably the only reasons it didn't sell out immediately was the surprise-attack way it was announced on the on-sale date, and the $175 price tag being high for people only interested in JT.
  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    Thanks Pony!
    Spoony C said:

and the $175 price tag being high for people only interested in JT.

That $175 is misleading. My tickets after fees were around $206.