Options

2017 Goals

2»

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I'd kinda like a long term relationship to start sometime this year but I'll just pack that up with all the other things I know aren't gonna happen.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

I'd kinda like a long term relationship to start sometime this year but I'll just pack that up with all the other things I know aren't gonna happen.

:frowning: You don't know that. It's only January 8.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

The year is young, my friend... the year is young. Do your thing.. stay true to yourself. That "right" person will be drawn to you! Hang in there.. I know loneliness sucks. I
    'M going on 17 years solo.. but worth the wait for when the right guy shows up, I will have my "house in
    Order".
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004

:hug:
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Ms. Haiku said:

Cook 52 meals to expand my skills and be more comfortable in the kitchen.
    Attend 52 "events" to be around more people. Events could be knitting groups, author readings, book club, running races, museum events.
    Run 10 miles non-stop, or run 1,000 miles. I had similar running goals last year, but I'm trying again.

I'm removing cooking from my list and adding submitting poetry for publication. I don't know how many yet, so that goal is in progress.

I've been to 4 events, so I'm on a good pace for that.

The treadmill has been broken since December, and I had afib a few times in January, which ruins my motivation, so I haven't run, but I worked out twice. So, zero towards that goal, but I'm still interested in it.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    I am one with the force, the force is with me.
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Jason P said:

I am one with the force, the force is with me.

That sounds great Jason P, :)
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Attend 52 "events" to be around more people. Events could be knitting groups, author readings, book club, running races, museum events.
    Run 10 miles non-stop, or run 1,000 miles. I had similar running goals last year, but I'm trying again.

I'm removing cooking from my list and adding submitting poetry for publication. I don't know how many yet, so that goal is in progress.

The treadmill has been broken since December, and I had afib a few times in January, which ruins my motivation, so I haven't run, but I worked out twice. So, zero towards that goal, but I'm still interested in it.
    My events goal is going well as I attended five events in February.

I ran in February, but very little. I think a monthly goal may help. So, my March running goal is 31 miles.

I didn't write any poetry to submit. I read more poetry this month than last month, so that's a good start.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

I ran in February, but very little. I think a monthly goal may help. So, my March running goal is 31 miles.

I didn't write any poetry to submit. I read more poetry this month than last month, so that's a good start.
    Monthly goals help a lot!
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

workout more
    write more
    play more shows

@mfc2006 , just curious.. how do you guys play shows if you live in different states? Love ya'll's music btw.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383

mfc2006 said:

workout more
    write more
    play more shows

@mfc2006 , just curious.. how do you guys play shows if you live in different states? Love ya'll's music btw.
    I wish we could play shows. We've only played a couple of times & the last time was the PJ20 preparty.

I do play a lot of solo shows are Portland/PNW, though. Glad you like the music, @whispering hands . We hope to have new album out this year!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

workout more
    write more
    play more shows

I wish we could play shows. We've only played a couple of times & the last time was the PJ20 preparty.

I do play a lot of solo shows are Portland/PNW, though. Glad you like the music, @whispering hands . We hope to have new album out this year!
    Awesome!
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

In March I went to two events and I exercised on five different days.

Quarterly Evaluation
    Events: Attended 11 events.
    Running: I didn't run much, but I am getting stronger.
    Poetry: I didn't write any poetry.

I definitely have opportunity areas.
  • Options
    I haven't given up on running or poetry even though I didn't do anything worth noting in April. I attended 5 events for a yearly total of 16, right on schedule. 

I am going to add knitting a top to my list, either a t-shirt or a sweater. It's about time I got over that knitting hurdle. 
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited May 2017
    Stay alive and be yourself is all that you can do!
    Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    I'm still struggling with eating less red meat. I have been eating more veggie stuff, but it is hard to do sometimes. But no more minced meat, I will eat soy minced "meat" instead.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014