Playing Even Flow correctly

DC3528DC3528 Posts: 56
edited February 2017 in Musicians and Gearheads
I hardly ever see people play the chorus chords to Even Flow correctly. Yes Stone plays it in Open D Tuning - DADF#AD (low to high) but he adds in other notes besides just barring the 12th, 10th, and 8th frets. Maybe it's because all the tabs out there show this. Watch any video of him playing it and you'll see him do this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3r8xmxovwmsrgik/Even Flow.pdf?dl=0

Here's a video of me playing it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gji7o92mctr4v7d/Even_Flow.mp4?dl=0

Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Just don't pay attention to me fumbling the lick that connects the solo to the chorus....

Dave
Post edited by DC3528 on

Comments

• You may b onto something. Is that your "Mike" side on the left and "Stone" on the right? It's a little hard to tell with the music turned up loud in the background to distinctly hear everything you are doing. But from what I hear you've done a great job, and have a better version of that down than I do at this point.
    Nice chops!

BTW: you don't happen to live in Charlotte, NC area do you? Trying to find people to jam with (I play everything, best at drums and bass) and would love to find heavily PJ influenced people to play with.

Keep on rockin'
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited April 2017
    This is one of my Favourite songs to play on the BASS...and yes I slide up the Fret board just like Jeff ;)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    i_lov_it said:

This is one of my Favourite songs to play on the BASS...and yes I slide up the Fret board just like Jeff ;)

well, you have to!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited April 2017
    mfc2006 said:

i_lov_it said:

well, you have to!!!
    Not necessarily there's a lot of versions on Youtube where people don't slide which actually looks awkward...but I like Jeff's way where he slides I think it just sounds better...but I do agree though :)
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • i_lov_it said:

Yes!! I love playing this song on bass as well and drums even more. I love doing solos with Matt, it's like drumgasm...