Donald Trump

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Cards still being placed on the table and the Susan Rice card is a huge one.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/446415/susan-rice-unmasking-trump-campaign-members-obama-administration-fbi-cia-nsa

Andrew McCarthy is still all over this story and it ain't looking good for the former administration.

If true that she requested the unmasking, what law did she break?
    Maybe none.
    Exactly none, to be precise. So not sure how you keep bringing up watergate which was chock full of crimes. Although I do find it interesting that Trump has been bitching about leaks for weeks and it's pretty obvious that his admin leaked this Rice story to multiple conservative outlets. Th hypocrisy knows no bounds.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

lol we still have more than three yrs left of this I can't wait to see what this country looks like after we get done winning so much ...

We'll all be sleeping, so, so, so very tired from all the winning we'll be.

Hey, but Mike Pence has an Instagram account now. Who all follows him?

Vice President Mike Pence is now on Instagram. For up-to-date photos, follow VP here.

I'm not allowed to look at it if my wife isn't in the room with me.
    Right?! So Trump selects a VP who either can't control his urges or out of some made up religious sense can't sin against his spouse by dining with other women without her? What's next? A Christian version of the Burqua? Anyway, help me understand this, is he afraid of sinning or is it some self imposed religious obligation? Or is it a dog whistle to his far right second coming Christian conservatives?
    It's the world progressives have created. When Rolling Stone magazine can turn any man into a rapist only a fool would put themselves in a compromising position. Personally I will not meet with a female student behind closed doors and I never drive a female baby sitter home. All it takes is one accusation to ruin a life and/or career.
    pence isn't making this decision out of fear of an accusation.
    First you don't know that and second it is not "fear". Any intelligent person needs to recognize the media landscape we are in and the quick rush to judgement that is occuring across politics, businesses and campuses every single day. We live in a world where privileged white men are promoters and/or enablers of rape culture and guilt will be decided before any trial. This doesn't downplay or dismiss real sexual assault when it occurs but any intelligent person would make sure that they are not in the position to be accused. One must act defensively. Lastly it is the height of all ridiculousness that the AMT can declare that the Clinton marriage is nobody's business but that the Pence marriage with it's pretty innocent ground rules is open to ridicule. Classic AMT insanity.
    How dare thee question thee conservative family values! How dareth ye protesteth too much! Boooooooooo! Maybe Pence foot taps at the airport? NTTIAWWT.

Sure, blame it on evil liberal university culture.
    I blame you as well. You believe Trump pissed on somebody. If Pence was accused of something you would be the first to hammer him on it. Evidence is irrelevant to you...just the narrative. The world we live in contains vicious individuals who seek destroy those that disagree with them. One should never give the vicious the opportunity.
    Destroy the individual? Just the opposite happened. trump admitted to sexual assault and got to be president. You're saying I don't know pence, then you go on to tell us his reasons for his behavior. pence is a conservative, Christian fundamentalist. That is why he won't be alone with a woman at dinner. He adheres to outdated bs about lust as sin, and thinks that not being at dinner is some way to avoid this possibility of sinning.
    Well I am no conservative christian but the idea of him having ground rules in his marriage is not ridiculous at all. You are assuming that his christianity is the only reason for his behaviour and I am suggesting that there are others to consider. Many politicians have succumbed to extra marital affairs that have damaged and/or ended their careers. Clinton, Edwards, Spitzer, Weiner, and a few republicans as well. Temptation among the rich and powerful is very real...it isn't about "lust", "sin", and/or religion and there is nothing wrong with one politician setting up ground rules to help protect a marriage. It is also ridiculous for anyone to judge their marriage. This used to be a forum where people believed we should stay out of people's bedrooms.
    This is not about Pence's marriage. No one here really cares about Pence's marriage. This is about how Pence is in the world, and more specifically, how and whether he can do his job if he puts significant restrictions on how he interacts with women. It may come as a surprise to Pence but there will be a number of female professionals that he will need to meet with during his tenure as VP, and his wife can't be present at all of those meetings. Regardless of his reasons, religious or otherwise, he is practicing discrimination based on gender, plain and simple.
    Sorry but no. We just finished an election where the democratic candidate stated that "all women accusers must be believed"...except for Bill's accusers of course. The left and many on this forum have already dubbed the president a rapist. Under this scenerio only a fool would place themselves in a compromising position. You can't on the one hand say all accusers must be believed and on the other hand fault a man who wants to avoid being accused. This is your new progressive world where men avoid incidental contact in order to avoid being on the cover of the Rolling Stone.
    Performing your job with female colleagues as well as male is not "incidental contact". Has Pence ever said that he won't meeting individually with male colleagues, staffers, or offficials in other governments? If he provides access to his time in the course of his job to men that he won't provide to women, he's practicing discrimination.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

lol we still have more than three yrs left of this I can't wait to see what this country looks like after we get done winning so much ...

Vice President Mike Pence is now on Instagram. For up-to-date photos, follow VP here.

Right?! So Trump selects a VP who either can't control his urges or out of some made up religious sense can't sin against his spouse by dining with other women without her? What's next? A Christian version of the Burqua? Anyway, help me understand this, is he afraid of sinning or is it some self imposed religious obligation? Or is it a dog whistle to his far right second coming Christian conservatives?
    It's the world progressives have created. When Rolling Stone magazine can turn any man into a rapist only a fool would put themselves in a compromising position. Personally I will not meet with a female student behind closed doors and I never drive a female baby sitter home. All it takes is one accusation to ruin a life and/or career.
    First you don't know that and second it is not "fear". Any intelligent person needs to recognize the media landscape we are in and the quick rush to judgement that is occuring across politics, businesses and campuses every single day. We live in a world where privileged white men are promoters and/or enablers of rape culture and guilt will be decided before any trial. This doesn't downplay or dismiss real sexual assault when it occurs but any intelligent person would make sure that they are not in the position to be accused. One must act defensively. Lastly it is the height of all ridiculousness that the AMT can declare that the Clinton marriage is nobody's business but that the Pence marriage with it's pretty innocent ground rules is open to ridicule. Classic AMT insanity.
    How dare thee question thee conservative family values! How dareth ye protesteth too much! Boooooooooo! Maybe Pence foot taps at the airport? NTTIAWWT.

I blame you as well. You believe Trump pissed on somebody. If Pence was accused of something you would be the first to hammer him on it. Evidence is irrelevant to you...just the narrative. The world we live in contains vicious individuals who seek destroy those that disagree with them. One should never give the vicious the opportunity.
    Destroy the individual? Just the opposite happened. trump admitted to sexual assault and got to be president. You're saying I don't know pence, then you go on to tell us his reasons for his behavior. pence is a conservative, Christian fundamentalist. That is why he won't be alone with a woman at dinner. He adheres to outdated bs about lust as sin, and thinks that not being at dinner is some way to avoid this possibility of sinning.
    Well I am no conservative christian but the idea of him having ground rules in his marriage is not ridiculous at all. You are assuming that his christianity is the only reason for his behaviour and I am suggesting that there are others to consider. Many politicians have succumbed to extra marital affairs that have damaged and/or ended their careers. Clinton, Edwards, Spitzer, Weiner, and a few republicans as well. Temptation among the rich and powerful is very real...it isn't about "lust", "sin", and/or religion and there is nothing wrong with one politician setting up ground rules to help protect a marriage. It is also ridiculous for anyone to judge their marriage. This used to be a forum where people believed we should stay out of people's bedrooms.
    This is not about Pence's marriage. No one here really cares about Pence's marriage. This is about how Pence is in the world, and more specifically, how and whether he can do his job if he puts significant restrictions on how he interacts with women. It may come as a surprise to Pence but there will be a number of female professionals that he will need to meet with during his tenure as VP, and his wife can't be present at all of those meetings. Regardless of his reasons, religious or otherwise, he is practicing discrimination based on gender, plain and simple.
    Sorry but no. We just finished an election where the democratic candidate stated that "all women accusers must be believed"...except for Bill's accusers of course. The left and many on this forum have already dubbed the president a rapist. Under this scenerio only a fool would place themselves in a compromising position. You can't on the one hand say all accusers must be believed and on the other hand fault a man who wants to avoid being accused. This is your new progressive world where men avoid incidental contact in order to avoid being on the cover of the Rolling Stone.
    Performing your job with female colleagues as well as male is not "incidental contact". Has Pence ever said that he won't meeting individually with male colleagues, staffers, or offficials in other governments? If he provides access to his time in the course of his job to men that he won't provide to women, he's practicing discrimination.
    That's an excellent point. As a leader in any organization, this would be very problematic.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

You still can't read? You only had to get through the first couple of sentences this time but even that was too tough! She only denied unmasking "for political purposes". That's called a qualifier.
    You are slippery. You at first "qualified" yourself by stating that she didn't deny "leaking." When I stated she denies both, you further "qualified" what you unreally meant. You're embarrassing yourself. Again.
    What? This is my exact quote:

"She did not deny unmasking. She denied leaking"

Can you read? I said "she denied leaking". She did not deny both...she is actually admitting to unmasking....just not for "political purposes". Please read. Please.
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Tiki said:

"Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us."

:dizzy: Completely nonsensical. I'm surprised his mental fitness is even under debate. Can you imagine running into someone who spoke like this in your normal life? You'd start talking to his friends and family about having him committed.
    Not only com
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

This is lunacy.
    It is. I completely agree. It is the unfortunate state of what our world has become.
    And further to Pence, I don't believe he or his wife said his refusal to be alone with other women relates to a fear of unjust accusation. You are projecting your own fears on someone else.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/446415/susan-rice-unmasking-trump-campaign-members-obama-administration-fbi-cia-nsa

Andrew McCarthy is still all over this story and it ain't looking good for the former administration.

Maybe none.
    Exactly none, to be precise. So not sure how you keep bringing up watergate which was chock full of crimes. Although I do find it interesting that Trump has been bitching about leaks for weeks and it's pretty obvious that his admin leaked this Rice story to multiple conservative outlets. Th hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Not "exactly none". Sorry...you do not have enough evidence to declare that. You also make assumptions on points of law that you and I don't fully understand. You are right about the leak of Rice's name though...that being said is it a "leak" or is it "whistleblowing"? Intelligence agents seem to believe she was behaving improperly and the public needed to know. Only a thorough investigation will discover the truth.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Maybe none.
    http://m.dailykos.com/story/2017/1/11/1619079/-Comparing-Presidential-Administrations-by-Arrests-and-Convictions-A-Warning-for-Trump-Appointees

Susan Rice is on record as denying she "unmasked" anyone. Now, who do you believe? The final months of the Obama Administration and they all go rogue for what purpose? Spite? Jealousy? For poor likeable enough Hillary? After when it would have helped her the most? Meanwhile Trump is connected to Russia a thousand ways to Sunday but the nefariousness is about the black guy. Yup, sure, nothing to see here. Trump is clean as a whistle as are most of those he's surrounded himself with. Those viscious viscious people.
    She did not deny unmasking. She denied leaking. She has also lied before. She hasn't earned the right to be believed based on past performance. Also your list of possible motives is missing one...to harm and undermine the current administration. Most of the things you linked to during the transition/first month of the administration were from articles based on intelligence sources. Susan Rice likely helped generate those links for you. You should send her a thank you card. Followed by a Happy Watergate 2.0 card.
    Nowhere did you reference, "for political purposes." Can you read your own posts?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Tiki said:

"Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us."

:dizzy: Completely nonsensical. I'm surprised his mental fitness is even under debate. Can you imagine running into someone who spoke like this in your normal life? You'd start talking to his friends and family about having him committed.
    Not only com
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

This is lunacy.
    It is. I completely agree. It is the unfortunate state of what our world has become.
    Must be the War On Men bringing you down.
    You are stretching here, denying the obvious religious extremism to try and weakly shift the blame to liberalism.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Maybe none.

Not "exactly none". Sorry...you do not have enough evidence to declare that. You also make assumptions on points of law that you and I don't fully understand. You are right about the leak of Rice's name though...that being said is it a "leak" or is it "whistleblowing"? Intelligence agents seem to believe she was behaving improperly and the public needed to know. Only a thorough investigation will discover the truth.
    The GOP controls the intelligence committees. They could have had an open or closed door meeting where this came out. It's not whistleblowing when Elliott Cohen is the source.

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

He has never declared that he won't provide women colleagues access to his time and there is no evidence of this.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-04-03/the-pences-prophylactic-approach-to-infidelity

Your argument of discrimination is silly
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

You still can't read? You only had to get through the first couple of sentences this time but even that was too tough! She only denied unmasking "for political purposes". That's called a qualifier.
    You are slippery. You at first "qualified" yourself by stating that she didn't deny "leaking." When I stated she denies both, you further "qualified" what you unreally meant. You're embarrassing yourself. Again.
    What? This is my exact quote:

"She did not deny unmasking. She denied leaking"

Can you read? I said "she denied leaking". She did not deny both...she is actually admitting to unmasking....just not for "political purposes". Please read. Please.
    And so? In her role, can she not request that names be "unmasked?" Did she break a law in her official capacity? So who's responsible? Obama? Fargus? Susan Rice? Or someone else? You, professor, are grasping at straws. Trump's campaign was compromised by Putin and they got caught. And we're not even 100 days in.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

And in your mind, all women are potential accusers. How do you get through the day? In an educational environment no less?
    No they are not all accusers but just like infection control one must practice Universal Precautions.
    If you cannot control your urges like Pence.

Brilliantati©
    rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Tiki said:

Not only com
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

This is lunacy.
    You are stretching here, denying the obvious religious extremism to try and weakly shift the blame to liberalism.
    Nah. Not concerned about the so called "war on men" but I do recognize the ground rules of the day. If you are accused a vast number of people will convict you before you ever get your day in court. That is our present media environment and you cannot win under that scenerio. You on the other hand see religious extremism in everything. It's "obvious"! I mean most people on here have no problem with how Islam subjugates women...that's just celebrating diversity...but Pence's ground rules...well that's an outrage!
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

He has never declared that he won't provide women colleagues access to his time and there is no evidence of this.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-04-03/the-pences-prophylactic-approach-to-infidelity

Pence has not previously been in the position of VP. There will be many more demands on his time and many late nights working. If, during the course of those working hours, he ends up having working lunches, dinners, or hey, even breakfasts, with male colleagues that he won't have with women, then he is being discriminatory. Sorry if you find that silly, but I'm not surprised.

And as I suggested above, the links you provided demonstrate the he hasn't put these self-imposed rules into place for fear of unjust accusations of sexual assault; that was your fear and your interpretation. Someone just isn't at peace with his lust, I guess.
    "People may not go to jail for treason but they may go to jail for tax evasion." Democrat congresswoman Jackie Spear, member of the House Intelligence Committee from California.

Can I get a poppycock?

Follow the money from Russia and Putin with love, all the way to impeachment.

Brilliantati©
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Maybe none.

The GOP controls the intelligence committees. They could have had an open or closed door meeting where this came out. It's not whistleblowing when Elliott Cohen is the source.
    You think that's the source but you do not know. Again you make assumptions. Either way the source doesn't change the story that is unfolding. There was confirmed surveillance via "incidental contact" of the Trump administration/transition team unrelated to Russia. Incidental names within that surveillance were unmasked by Susan Rice and to some degree that info was shared. The questions now need to be asked why? The possibility of abuse is very high here. The need to find Russia related material on Trump might have caused Obama administraion officials to behave badly. It can no longer be denied.

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Pence has not previously been in the position of VP. There will be many more demands on his time and many late nights working. If, during the course of those working hours, he ends up having working lunches, dinners, or hey, even breakfasts, with male colleagues that he won't have with women, then he is being discriminatory. Sorry if you find that silly, but I'm not surprised.

And as I suggested above, the links you provided demonstrate the he hasn't put these self-imposed rules into place for fear of unjust accusations of sexual assault; that was your fear and your interpretation. Someone just isn't at peace with his lust, I guess.
    He was a governor...I'm pretty sure these working demands aren't that new to him. If it didn't affect him in the Governor's mansion then it will not affect him in the white house. It is just silly and more phony outrage.
    edited April 2017

And further to Pence, I don't believe he or his wife said his refusal to be alone with other women relates to a fear of unjust accusation. You are projecting your own fears on someone else.

If you read my first post on the subject I didn't say this either. I laid out a scenerio of why their ground rules make sense based on the world we now live in. Second to call this fear is just wrong. Health care professionals don't practice Universal Precautions because they are afraid that their patients have a communicable disease. They make the assumption that anybody can be infected even though the odds are extremely low and follow strict infection control protocol regardless. Fear does not come into the equation. Universal precaution comes into play for all types of actions and only a fool would fail to consider them.
    BS44325 said:

If you read my first post on the subject I didn't say this either. I laid out a scenerio of why their ground rules make sense based on the world we now live in. Second to call this fear is just wrong. Health care professionals don't practice Universal Precautions because they are afraid that their patients have a communicable disease. They make the assumption that anybody can be infected even though the odds are extremely low and follow strict infection control protocol regardless. Fear does not come into the equation. Universal precaution comes into play for all types of actions and only a fool would fail to consider them.
    Only a fool who can't control his urges, like Pence.

Brilliantati©
    BS44325 said:

You made the analogy with infection control but it is a baseless analogy. And given that this was your response to my comments.....:

Sorry but no. We just finished an election where the democratic candidate stated that "all women accusers must be believed"...except for Bill's accusers of course. The left and many on this forum have already dubbed the president a rapist. Under this scenerio only a fool would place themselves in a compromising position. You can't on the one hand say all accusers must be believed and on the other hand fault a man who wants to avoid being accused. This is your new progressive world where men avoid incidental contact in order to avoid being on the cover of the Rolling Stone

........ it sure looks like you are (a) implying that this is the reason, or at least one reason, why Pence has the rules he does, and (b) are basing this on fear of being unjustly accused.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

How much more evidence do you need before you abandon the Trump administration, professor?
    Trumpkins will believe evidence if it's democrat, black and female. White and republican equals magic innocence.
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

He was a governor...I'm pretty sure these working demands aren't that new to him. If it didn't affect him in the Governor's mansion then it will not affect him in the white house. It is just silly and more phony outrage.
    Interesting that the article you linked to considers the point I raised to be "serious" and worth considering, though the author ultimately doesn't think it applies to Pence. Seems you may be alone in considering it "silly".

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Interesting that the article you linked to considers the point I raised to be "serious" and worth considering, though the author ultimately doesn't think it applies to Pence. Seems you may be alone in considering it "silly".
    Correct and it would be "silly" to try to apply it to Pence like you are doing.

BS44325 said:

You made the analogy with infection control but it is a baseless analogy. And given that this was your response to my comments.....:

Sorry but no. We just finished an election where the democratic candidate stated that "all women accusers must be believed"...except for Bill's accusers of course. The left and many on this forum have already dubbed the president a rapist. Under this scenerio only a fool would place themselves in a compromising position. You can't on the one hand say all accusers must be believed and on the other hand fault a man who wants to avoid being accused. This is your new progressive world where men avoid incidental contact in order to avoid being on the cover of the Rolling Stone

........ it sure looks like you are (a) implying that this is the reason, or at least one reason, why Pence has the rules he does, and (b) are basing this on fear of being unjustly accused.
    That doesn't imply that it is "the" reason but I have no problem as suggesting it as "one" reason. This is the whole point of the discussion I am making. The word "fear" though is your's and again it is silly. People act defensively in all sorts of ways that are not based on fear but just based on basic safety. The world has changed and people want to keep their heads down and ignore it. Look at some of the consent rules that are developing on university campuses. I am not suggesting that there isn't a place for these rules but a legal minefield has been created where a man's life can instantly be destroyed on an accusation. Men shouldn't fear these rules but should act smart...the world will not be kind to them if they don't.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

Maybe none.
    No not maybe none just plain none ... can you tell us where orange bafoon falls on Assad ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trump-deployment-20170330-story,amp.html
    We the people need to know about all troop movements !

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trump-deployment-20170330-story,amp.html
    We the people need to know about all troop movements !

Get ready for "the war time president" to make the Russian connection/corruption impending impeachment scandal go away.

Brilliantati©
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

BS44325 said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Tiki said:

Not only com
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

This is lunacy.
    Nah. Not concerned about the so called "war on men" but I do recognize the ground rules of the day. If you are accused a vast number of people will convict you before you ever get your day in court. That is our present media environment and you cannot win under that scenerio. You on the other hand see religious extremism in everything. It's "obvious"! I mean most people on here have no problem with how Islam subjugates women...that's just celebrating diversity...but Pence's ground rules...well that's an outrage!
    Refusing to attend a public event where alcohol is served without your wife is extreme.
    I have major problems with how Islam subjugates women, and have posted about it plenty of times when the subject comes up.
    Orthodox and evangelicals bother the shit out of me too. Fuck, the Catholic church is extremist, they have some wacky rules and rituals...some kind of demi-cult those folks.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
This discussion has been closed.