Eddie Vedder playing Metro - Hot Stove Cool Music?

Comments

• given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    If anybody grabbed an extra ticket, please let me know. Thanks!
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    tschav said:

Tickets were about $75 after fees for GA. Ticketmaster won't allow print-at-home tickets to be downloaded until the day before the show. Tickets can be transferred via Ticketmaster's site. Make sure you don't fall for scams if people claim to have e-Tickets they can mail you before the day of the show.

Good info here. Thanks.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • peterwhughespeterwhughes NH Posts: 153
    edited March 2017
    deleted by Admin
    Post edited by Sea on
  • tschav said:

VIP tickets are still available at $1200/pair.
    Another 10c member and I went in on it two years back and got front row. Shook Theo's hand but for some reason didn't think to take a pic with him. Some shots from that event: https://www.flickr.com/photos/tschavitz/albums/72157655715664765

How was the VIP Event? Did Eddie attend that? Did VIP get you early access to the floor and the rail? What can we expect for number of songs?

Sorry for all the questions but trying to justify $$$
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759

How was the VIP Event? Did Eddie attend that? Did VIP get you early access to the floor and the rail? What can we expect for number of songs?

Sorry for all the questions but trying to justify $$$

From what I experienced in 2015 (things may play out differently at this event), you won't see Eddie mingling with the crowd before the show. VIPs get earlier access inside the venue, they cater an open bar/food, and there's a chance (no guarantee) of meeting people like I did with Theo Epstein. A few of us near the front of the VIP line decided to skip the food and took turns grabbing drinks for each other so we can hold our spots up front.

The show itself is a few hours long, with local acts playing and more or less jam sessions with local celebs and performers. In between acts they'd auction off random items to benefit the foundation. EV was only expected to do 3 songs in 2015, but he did about 8-10 with others. I'd keep expectations low on how many songs you'll get, but if you're a fan of the Cubs/Red Sox, supporting local charities, and EV I'd recommend checking it out.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    I have the recording from last years event and it is in my opinion not to be missed. If you live near this, just go.
  • Was EV advertised to show up at past shows like he is for this Boston show? Or were those unannounced? He did that two years in Chicago?

Was EV advertised to show up at past shows like he is for this Boston show? Or were those unannounced? He did that two years in Chicago?

He was announced both times for Chicago.

• chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430
    JimmyV said:

Was EV advertised to show up at past shows like he is for this Boston show? Or were those unannounced? He did that two years in Chicago?

They didnt announce last year. Liz Phair was the headliner and EV wasnt even on the lineup. The scuttlebutt started after he sang the stretch that day.
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Nice. So one year he sang 4 songs and the other year he did 10 songs? Trying to get an idea of about how many songs he'll perform at this. Since hes announced as a headliner, I'm wondering if he'll perform for at least an hour with everyone

Nice. So one year he sang 4 songs and the other year he did 10 songs? Trying to get an idea of about how many songs he'll perform at this. Since hes announced as a headliner, I'm wondering if he'll perform for at least an hour with everyone

He did 14 the year he was advertised as the headliner (2015), I think he played ten songs last year when he was surprise/special guest. Its an awesome event and ill never be able to get that close to the stage for EV/PJ again. If you go you will not regret it. You'll definitely hear Corduroy as its epsteins favorite and usually plays it with him.
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO

JimmyV said:

They didnt announce last year. Liz Phair was the headliner and EV wasnt even on the lineup. The scuttlebutt started after he sang the stretch that day.
    Looks like you are right. I thought they announced him both years but I must be mistaken.

He was a surprise guest in 2016 as mentioned earlier - Liz Phair was the headliner. I was at the Cubs game when he sang the stretch and kicked myself for not thinking he'd do it again after 2015.

EV was the "surprise guest" for the 2015 show so tickets were available longer before the announcement that time around.

• VedHeadVedHead Rockford,IL,USA Posts: 407
    2015 show in Chicago was amazing. I was front and center with no rail. Literally was able to put my drink on the stage. Got a guitar pick and broken guitar string.
    I'm trying to think of a really good signature.
    Anyone been to the Paradise Rock Club? Looks actually smaller than the Metro but seems like the same stage setup.
  • DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    long shot, i know.. but if anyone has an extra ticket or two, i'm interested. thanks!
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    tschav said:

EV confirmed for Boston event 4/29 during the Cubs/Red Sox series in Fenway:
    http://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/01005275B1F66B29

Thanks for the heads-up tschav! I was able to score a pair of tix thanks to this. Can't wait!
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • peterwhughespeterwhughes NH Posts: 153
    Just looking for one ticket. Can provide for your beverage(s) of choice at the show.
    Thanks.
    edited April 2017
    If anyone's interested in a VIP ticket, let me know and I might be willing to split the cost ($600/person). Taken.
    Post edited by tschav on
  • Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    T-minus 7 days till the show at the Paradise...the countdown has begun!
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • demetrios said:
    I'm wondering this too since his pic is on the flyer, but name is not listed. Hmmm
    http://foundationtobenamedlater.org/wordpress/
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    demetrios said:
    I'm wondering this too since his pic is on the flyer, but name is not listed. Hmmm
    http://foundationtobenamedlater.org/wordpress/
    I'm gonna guess and say he will be there for those 20th anni event. 
    If they use him twice for the image, it seems a lot more likely...

From today’s email:

Very cool. Glad I picked up a pair of tickets last week. 

• Mr. HandMr. Hand CT Posts: 90
    Just picked up two tix for this. Worst case scenario: we see a pretty good show for $50.  Best case scenario: they announce Ed in the coming days, tickets sell out immediately, and we've got tickets in a room that holds about 900 people to watch Ed play.

Saw him the last time he played this gig and it was pretty fucking epic!
    10/2/96 Hartford, CT; 9/13/98 Hartford, CT; 8/30/00 Mansfield, MA; 7/9/03 New York, NY; 9/29/04 Boston, MA; 5/13/06 Hartford, CT; 6/27/08 Hartford, CT; 10/30/09 Philadelphia, PA; 5/15/10 Hartford, CT; EV 6/18/11 Hartford, CT; 10/15/13 Worcester, MA; 10/16/13 Worcester, MA; 10/25/13 Hartford, CT; 9/26/15 New York, NY; 8/5/16 Boston, MA; 8/7/16 Boston, MA; EV @ Paradise Club 4/29/17 Boston, MA; 9/2/18 Boston, MA; EV & Earthlings 2/4/22 New York, NY; 9/11/22, New York, NY; 9/5/23 Chicago, IL
  • nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 698
    I have my tickets.  Its a great lineup but if ed shows up......was great last time