Tool

Comments

• scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    edited April 2017
    I have two seats in the lower bowl (Section 118) for the Edmonton show for cost if anyone is interested.(sold)
    Post edited by scurtis on
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    Hmmm if people are offering...

I'm looking for 2 tixs for Detroit. Will be scanning StubHub probably starting in May otherwise.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847

I can't picture "college kids" seeing TOOL. The last time TOOL put out an album those kids were 10-12 years old. I just can't see the demand to be there.

At Governors Ball here in NY I can see 60K people watching Whiz Kalifa and 10K watching TOOL.

You'd be surprised.
    You think?
  • I can't picture "college kids" seeing TOOL. The last time TOOL put out an album those kids were 10-12 years old. I just can't see the demand to be there.

At Governors Ball here in NY I can see 60K people watching Whiz Kalifa and 10K watching TOOL.

You'd be surprised.
    You think?
    I think the majority of Tool fans are the older variety, but there are many savvy young people that appreciate them a lot (my son and his friends dig them and they also listen to the rap crap and hippy hop stuff).

There's not enough of them to support the band at large venues, but I think there's many sub 25 fans that are eager to see them.

I could be wrong.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 313
    I was pretty excited to get center section 203 for the Gorge. After the purchase was complete my phone app finally stopped spinning in the wait mode and I ended up getting center section 102. Much closer seats. Not sure how that happened in the age of bots but no complaints. Last go round I was pretty close at the Gorge and the sound was good but we did miss on a lot of the light show I guess. Spokane I had 5th row center and it was great but the bass didn't sound as clean. Recent Salt Lake show was my favorite so far, right side stage first row elevated. Perfect sight line for all members and the sound was clean with full view of the light show.
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383
    I still have a pair for Bangor, section 8 I'm looking to move for cost ($210 / pair)

Pm if interested.
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    VOLARE said:

I was pretty excited to get center section 203 for the Gorge. After the purchase was complete my phone app finally stopped spinning in the wait mode and I ended up getting center section 102. Much closer seats. Not sure how that happened in the age of bots but no complaints. Last go round I was pretty close at the Gorge and the sound was good but we did miss on a lot of the light show I guess. Spokane I had 5th row center and it was great but the bass didn't sound as clean. Recent Salt Lake show was my favorite so far, right side stage first row elevated. Perfect sight line for all members and the sound was clean with full view of the light show.

I had something similar for the Edmonton show. Got row 12 about 10-15 mins after they went on sale.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,290
    tbergs said:

So Spin has an article talking about how Tool plans to start streaming their library 'in advance of the new album' but that's really all the article says.

There's no mention of a timeline, and more importantly no official comment from the band.

http://www.spin.com/2017/03/tool-streaming-new-album-spotify-apple-music/

I just came here to post the same thing! No big deal if they don't since I already own everything on CD. Would make them a little more accessible though.
    PM sent your way
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    Without having even clicked the link, I'll advise you to check the date.

Maynard also announced yesterday that Sammy Hagar would be taking over for him in Tool.

http://loudwire.com/did-tool-replace-maynard-james-keenan-with-sammy-hagar-new-album/

tbergs said:
    Without having even clicked the link, I'll advise you to check the date.

Maynard also announced yesterday that Sammy Hagar would be taking over for him in Tool.

http://loudwire.com/did-tool-replace-maynard-james-keenan-with-sammy-hagar-new-album/

Yeah, after some actual thinking and research I should have known better :dizzy:
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    I'm thinking Alanis Morrisette would be a better fit than the Red Rocker.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    edited April 2017
    more west coast shows after the Gorge... Nampa (Boise), Sacramento, and San Jose. Tix on sale Friday
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    I have been watching a lot of recent live shows on Youtube and have yet to see a bad show from these guys. I guess only playing 13 songs on a very similar set would help attribute to this but the production and sound are amazing.
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Looks like this will be the closest they've gotten to LA since 2010. San Bernardino.

Another show added 5/25, Hershey, PA.

Now that makes 2 set lists I have to resist looking up before i see them in Bangor.
  • BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    edited April 2017
    TOOL AT GLEN HELEN AMPHITHEATER

NEW TOOL SHOW INFO
    We are very excited to announce the unparalleled sonic and visual experience of TOOL LIVE IN CONCERT in the high-spirited setting of the GLEN HELEN AMPHITHEATER in SAN BERNARDINO, CALIFORNIA on JUNE 24, 2017.

Other bands on the bill for this monumental event in the Inland Empire include PRIMUS, the MELVINS, and the electronic spectacle of LIVE DJ SETS from THE CRYSTAL METHOD.

For the occasion, the band will also have an additional SPECIAL GUEST to be announced soon. Quite simply, fans of TOOL will not want to miss this SUMMER HAPPENING featuring critically acclaimed bands (and friends) on a stage where anything can happen.

June 24 - San Bernardino, CA @ Glen Helen Amphitheater

href="http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/090052889A0252A3">TICKETS

Tickets go ON-SALE on THURSDAY, APRIL 13 at 10am PDT.

Post edited by BV84003 on
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
    BV84003 said:

NEW TOOL SHOW INFO
    We are very excited to announce the unparalleled sonic and visual experience of TOOL LIVE IN CONCERT in the high-spirited setting of the GLEN HELEN AMPHITHEATER in SAN BERNARDINO, CALIFORNIA on JUNE 24, 2017.

Other bands on the bill for this monumental event in the Inland Empire include PRIMUS, the MELVINS, and the electronic spectacle of LIVE DJ SETS from THE CRYSTAL METHOD.

For the occasion, the band will also have an additional SPECIAL GUEST to be announced soon. Quite simply, fans of TOOL will not want to miss this SUMMER HAPPENING featuring critically acclaimed bands (and friends) on a stage where anything can happen.

They're teasing something big here with the 'where anything can happen' line........... I'm real curious to see who the special guest will be.
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Looks like they changed the description, cfox says reserved floor now.

BV84003 said:

NEW TOOL SHOW INFO

They're teasing something big here with the 'where anything can happen' line........... I'm real curious to see who the special guest will be.
    Its gonna be Sammy Haggar lol
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    Horse2345 said:

Looks like they changed the description, cfox says reserved floor now.

BV84003 said:

NEW TOOL SHOW INFO

Its gonna be Sammy Haggar lol
    Haha!
    Nothing soon folks, if Fourtheye.net is to be believed. http://www.fourtheye.net/2017/04/danny-hoses-suggestions-tool-album-june/

"I asked him how high Tool fans must be to think the band would be releasing a new album prior to this upcoming tour. He laughed and said, “They can believe whatever they want, but it’s not gonna happen.” He added, and I’m condensing/paraphrasing here, that they hope to get into the studio to record in the Fall."
    i-phone didn't exist when 10,000 Days came out.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mr bungle said:

I don't even think I had a cellphone yet, period.

mr bungle said:

I don't even think I had a cellphone yet, period.
    I had one of those Nextel bricks for work. Frickin' dinosaur in your pocket, but they were indestructible!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    Well the shows are creeping up on us really fast and I have been listening to more Tool then I ever have. I know I am extremely late with this but I listened to Salival for the first time last month and love it. Not sure how I skipped over this over the years but better late then never.
    George Bush had two years left on his presidential term when 10,000 Days came out.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    World Wide Suicide was a radio single when 10,000 Days came out lol

That was maybe my favorite music release day ever
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    my2hands said:

World Wide Suicide was a radio single when 10,000 Days came out lol

That was maybe my favorite music release day ever

Both albums came out the same day
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18