Trump's Lies

Comments

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

mrussel1 said:

Yeah I was thinking that there is just not enough oil supply in the market. That's why the price is so high per barrel. This will really help.
    I don't know if will affect oil prices or not but will create some temp jobs and some long term jobs as well I also think piping oil is safer than trucking it.

I think renewables are safer than oil
    what kind of renewables are you thinking about ?

renewables
    thanks, great for day to day like life home/business electricity but very limited in the transportation field....public transportation is another story but still limited.

Maybe we should invest more in public education and research. Instead of worrying about a pipeline.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

mrussel1 said:

Yeah I was thinking that there is just not enough oil supply in the market. That's why the price is so high per barrel. This will really help.
    I don't know if will affect oil prices or not but will create some temp jobs and some long term jobs as well I also think piping oil is safer than trucking it.

renewables
    thanks, great for day to day like life home/business electricity but very limited in the transportation field....public transportation is another story but still limited.

Maybe we should invest more in public education and research. Instead of worrying about a pipeline.
    Or maybe even do both at the same time.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

mrussel1 said:

renewables

Where's the profit in that??
    PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

mrussel1 said:

renewables

Or maybe even do both at the same time.
    Oohhh. Sorry, I may have misunderstood you when I said that. I thought you meant worrying about a pipeline as in worrying about it being built. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    mrussel1 said:

I'm pretty sure Mustain is a crazy right winger. He may have written words that sound like trump, but he probably was shooting them at Obama.

He supported Santorum in 2012. I liked it better when he was a drunk ahole instead of a sober born again ahole. Ironic since Santorum is the epitome of fundie who call metal satanic and prefer the clean days of Pat Boone.
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    edited March 2017
    CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

mrussel1 said:

renewables

why not both, does it need to one or the other ? unfortunately fossil fuel is it right now, renewable has not reached a level
    to serve the masses on it's own but there are companies like sempra energies that are using renewable energy and pouring tens of millions of dollars into creating more renewable energy sources so until then why fight something we all need.

Post edited by Godfather. on

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

mrussel1 said:

renewables

why not both, does it need to one or the other ? unfortunately fossil fuel is it right now, renewable has not reached a level
    to serve the masses on it's own but there are companies like sempra energies that are using renewable energy and pouring tens of millions of dollars into creating more renewable energy sources so until then why fight something we all need.

My perspective is that a surge in the renewable energy industry can be brought on much sooner and faster if there was a more deliberate move towards it, and that means not building new pipelines. New pipelines make it easy for everyone to go on basically ignoring the push towards renewable energy, whereas if the focus were just on maintaining existing pipelines there would be more pressure to innovate and invest in renewables. New pipelines = no real reason to truly persevere in terms of renewable technology. Basically, I think we actually need a man made mini-crisis in terms of aging oil infrastructure to force the renewable energy sector to grow (no, I don't mean neglecting pipelines to the rupture, lol... not that they don't rupture often enough anyhow). Not building a bunch of brand new pipelines doesn't mean we'll run out of oil that we currently need.
    PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

mrussel1 said:

renewables

My perspective is that a surge in the renewable energy industry can be brought on much sooner and faster if there was a more deliberate move towards it, and that means not building new pipelines. New pipelines make it easy for everyone to go on basically ignoring the push towards renewable energy, whereas if the focus were just on maintaining existing pipelines there would be more pressure to innovate and invest in renewables. New pipelines = no real reason to truly persevere in terms of renewable technology. Basically, I think we actually need a man made mini-crisis in terms of aging oil infrastructure to force the renewable energy sector to grow (no, I don't mean neglecting pipelines to the rupture, lol... not that they don't rupture often enough anyhow). Not building a bunch of brand new pipelines doesn't mean we'll run out of oil that we currently need.
    someday we may get there but right now the amount of change it would take to convert from fossil to renewable would bankrupt the entire country and most of the civilized world, we have a bigger dependency on oil that some people realize, most our day to day livelihoods would stop without oil.

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

mrussel1 said:

renewables

someday we may get there but right now the amount of change it would take to convert from fossil to renewable would bankrupt the entire country and most of the civilized world, we have a bigger dependency on oil that some people realize, most our day to day livelihoods would stop without oil.

Wildly inaccurate. The fossil fuel industry loves that narrative.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    Tiki said:

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

mrussel1 said:

renewables

I disagree, almost any business or home and even electric cars use or have products in them that use/contain oil, manufacturing the parts
    for cars, plastics of any kind, your AC unit in your home to saw mills......you name it and it at some point in it's production needs oil
    then there is the simple fact that most Americans still want internal combustion engines for pleasure and business not to mention that renewable energy has not developed at all in public air transportation ( Boeing etc.) yes fossil loves that narrative but they have all of us by the short and curlys....try and carry on just one day with out using something to survive with that did not use oil of some sort in it production or operation.

That's like saying it's impossible to stop smoking cigarettes because they're addictive and super bad for you, and I never known another way.

I can only control myself, and suggest things to like minded people. Recognizing the dependency is usually the first step in changing behavior that my be bad for you.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600

Tiki said:

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

mrussel1 said:

renewables

I disagree, almost any business or home and even electric cars use or have products in them that use/contain oil, manufacturing the parts
    for cars, plastics of any kind, your AC unit in your home to saw mills......you name it and it at some point in it's production needs oil
    then there is the simple fact that most Americans still want internal combustion engines for pleasure and business not to mention that renewable energy has not developed at all in public air transportation ( Boeing etc.) yes fossil loves that narrative but they have all of us by the short and curlys....try and carry on just one day with out using something to survive with that did not use oil of some sort in it production or operation.

That's why you don't do it in a week, a month, a year... you take at least a decade or more. Businesses will replace all sorts of equipment during that period as will a homeowner. Did everyone buy switch from their hot stove to radiator heat in the same year? No of course not, it was gradual. Same with renewables.
    mrussel1 said:

Tiki said:

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

mrussel1 said:

renewables

That's why you don't do it in a week, a month, a year... you take at least a decade or more. Businesses will replace all sorts of equipment during that period as will a homeowner. Did everyone buy switch from their hot stove to radiator heat in the same year? No of course not, it was gradual. Same with renewables.

and I believe many people are working towards that but we are not there yet.

edited March 2017
    Tiki said:

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

mrussel1 said:

renewables

Absolutely. That line of GF's is absolute garbage. The only way that would happen is if all the refineries and pipelines and drills were simply shut down one day, which is clearly not the way it works. Obviously growing the renewable energy sector is a long term plan that involves so many different sectors, including education and research. IMO, building brand new massive pipelines, though, does not at all lead to beginning that concerted long-term effort. On the contrary - it tells me that the oil companies and the current government have every intention of cruising merrily along on oil money for as long as they possibly can, and growing the renewable energy industry and starting to "arrange" North America around that new initiative will simply get in the way of all that easy oil money. Developing real initiatives towards renewable energy is the LAST thing most of our leaders and all the rich people who control us all want. Most politicians are only paying the concept lip service in order to get votes.
    PJ_Soul said:

Tiki said:

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

mrussel1 said:

renewables

Absolutely. That line of GF's is absolute garbage. The only way that would happen is if all the refineries and pipelines and drills were simply shut down one day, which is clearly not the way it works. Obviously growing the renewable energy sector is a long term plan that involves so many different sectors, including education and research. IMO, building brand new massive pipelines, though, does not at all lead to beginning that concerted long-term effort. On the contrary - it tells me that the oil companies and the current government have every intention of cruising merrily along on oil money for as long as they possibly can, and growing the renewable energy industry and starting to "arrange" North America around that new initiative will simply get in the way of all that easy oil money. Developing real initiatives towards renewable energy is the LAST thing most of our leaders and all the rich people who control us all want. Most politicians are only paying the concept lip service in order to get votes.
    challenge yourself, refuse any oil related products into your new life......see how far that line of absolute garbage gets you.

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929

PJ_Soul said:

Tiki said:

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

mrussel1 said:

renewables

challenge yourself, refuse any oil related products into your new life......see how far that line of absolute garbage gets you.

Would you give people the respect of reading what they wrote before responding? You say "how can I get to work without oil", PJSoul responds that what matters isn't an immediate switch over but a long-term investment in renewable resources with a reasonable and thorough response, and you reiterate "how can I get to work without oil". Everyone reads your opinions, why won't you do the same for them?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    benjs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Tiki said:

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

CM189191 said:

mrussel1 said:

renewables

Would you give people the respect of reading what they wrote before responding? You say "how can I get to work without oil", PJSoul responds that what matters isn't an immediate switch over but a long-term investment in renewable resources with a reasonable and thorough response, and you reiterate "how can I get to work without oil". Everyone reads your opinions, why won't you do the same for them?
    will do.

edited March 2017
    How about the giant LIE dropped on us yesterday about putting miners back to work, and Coal Clean Coal, really clean.

and allowing coal manufacturers to look for coal on federal land....

I'm pretty sure I could go a day without coal.
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Fake news.

"It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
    President Trump Claimed He 'Didn't Know' Steve Bannon Before the Campaign. That's Not True - TIME
    https://apple.news/AdPkN_PRdT4K7eKpt8EmtgA

Here is another one !
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    So it turns out the Navy ships trump said were headed toward North Korea were actually going in the opposite direction. Another case where his bullshitting that may have worked in his business deals actually harm the credibility of the US to the point of increasing our security risk.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

So it turns out the Navy ships trump said were headed toward North Korea were actually going in the opposite direction. Another case where his bullshitting that may have worked in his business deals actually harm the credibility of the US to the point of increasing our security risk.

like he really thinks other world leaders or the public aren't going to find out about this shit. he's so....fucking....stupid.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

like he really thinks other world leaders or the public aren't going to find out about this shit. he's so....fucking....stupid.
    Well there's an old saying... "loose lips sink ships". I don't expect any POTUS to announce publicly where a convoy is headed. It was stupid to speak about it to start.
  • mrussel1 said:

Well there's an old saying... "loose lips sink ships". I don't expect any POTUS to announce publicly where a convoy is headed. It was stupid to speak about it to start.
    Just a blathering, blow hard idiot.

He's the 'asshole' type in the bar yelling over everybody else... annoying the shit out of everyone.

I kind of feel sorry for him. Has he ever had a true friend? Someone who was his friend for altruistic reasons? I highly doubt it.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mrussel1 said:

of course, but he has a massive problem with bragging. he just can't keep his mouth shut when he has the chance to show his dick to the world. "hey everyone, my zipper's open! look how bigly it is", all the while the world laughs.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mrussel1 said:

of course, but he has a massive problem with bragging. he just can't keep his mouth shut when he has the chance to show his dick to the world. "hey everyone, my zipper's open! look how bigly it is", all the while the world laughs.
    You're right.. it is bragging.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,478
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    lol the hits just keep on coming, man I'm tired of all the winning can we just make him supreme leader !