2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    edited March 2017
    mca47 said:

So I guess it's time for the Mike Glennon era??? Hopefully Pace knows what he's doing. I'm sure they will still be drafting a QB in the first 2-3 rounds.

Ugh!
    15 million a year ($19 guaranteed), 3 year deal it sounds.

That's an insane amount of money for a guy who has proven pretty much nothing.
    The Bears would have been better off resigning Hoyer at $2mil/yr, and put money into some decent free agents.

Don't like this.
    Hoyer is getting at least $6M per year from the 49ers.

The crazy part is $15M per year for Glennon puts him towards the bottom of the league for QB salaries. That's just what the QB market is these days. I'm sure they've done their homework on this guy with that sort of financial commitment. And the $19M guaranteed makes it easy contract to get out of if things don't work out. We all knew they weren't going to bring Cutler back so I'm not sure who else they could have signed. I guess Hoyer, but you know what you're getting with him....5 yard passes and not many points scored. Hopefully it works out....I'll hold judgement until we actually see this guy play.
    Post edited by Indifference71 on
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I agree that it's not much compared to what other starting QBs are making, it just seems like a lot of money for a "backup" QB, with not a ton of experience...for a team that has a ton of other positions to upgrade.
    He's probably going to be that bridge QB until they can get their hands on someone they want, but even then...this team is nowhere near being a contender. I was hoping for a cheaper option.
    Hell, I hope that lanky bastard proves me wrong and lights it up. I just don't see that happening.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I see an unknown person won the lottery AND gets to play QB for the Chicago Bears. Good times!

So long, Cutler. A 51-51 career record here seems just about right. Still can't blame the Bears for making that trade...they traded for a 26 year old QB coming off a pro bowl season. It started off pretty decent the first 3-4 years, but the last 4 have been a disaster. Sucks that it never worked out.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    I thought last season was rough. This season is going to be a dumpster fire.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018

So long, Cutler. A 51-51 career record here seems just about right. Still can't blame the Bears for making that trade...they traded for a 26 year old QB coming off a pro bowl season. It started off pretty decent the first 3-4 years, but the last 4 have been a disaster. Sucks that it never worked out.

Two years ago #6 played well with Gase calling the shots.
    Regardless, lets hope this team can scratch and claw their way to being something other than a joke.
    Who's getting a Glennon jersey? :D

Scary thing is that he is the all-time best QB to play for the Bears. SAD!
    mca47 said:

Who's getting a Glennon jersey? :D

Wait until they are 70% off at Marshalls after the season is over.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    Jason P said:

Yeah, that is sad. I wonder how his career would have been different had he played for a decent team those 8 years.
    OH well, the past is the past. Time to move on. ha
    mca47 said:

Jason P said:

Yeah, that is sad. I wonder how his career would have been different had he played for a decent team those 8 years.
    OH well, the past is the past. Time to move on. ha
    Yep. Will always be such a huge "what if?". People who blame Cutler for all of the Bears issues don't have a fucking clue. Yes, he was very inconsistent and turned the ball over a lot, but the Bears as a whole have been a fucking mess for the past 5-6 years. The problems are so much more than just at the QB position.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    he doesn't look like your savior, but maybe he is.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Give Glennon a chance. He was actually productive as the TB qb before Winston got there. I know he didn't win a lot of games, but the guy can play. He does have an arm. I think it's a good start for the bears and they can draft where they are hurting the most: defense.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    Have no fear fellow Bears fans. Butt Fumble will take us to the promise land. :anguished:
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    KC138045 said:

Have no fear fellow Bears fans. Butt Fumble will take us to the promise land. :anguished:

LOL.

It's funny to hear so many people freaking out about this....I'm always sure to tune into sports radio here when the Bears make a move like this. Brings out all the real meathead idiots. Funny stuff.

KC138045 said:

LOL.

It's funny to hear so many people freaking out about this....I'm always sure to tune into sports radio here when the Bears make a move like this. Brings out all the real meathead idiots. Funny stuff.
    Yeah, I don't see why the uproar. My money is that he doesn't even make the team. He's just going to provide competition to Shaw...and perhaps a rookie if they draft one.
    Butt Fumble will just be the guy a team will go to when they start having injuries with their QBs.
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    edited March 2017
    This cracked me up...
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    What. The. Fuck.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380

What. The. Fuck.

a fair question.

hey, the dude won 8 games in the ACC.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

What. The. Fuck.

a fair question.

I just can't believe how much they gave up to move up 1 fucking spot! The 49ers weren't even going to take this guy. Unbelievable.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Did NOT see that coming at all! I hope I'm wrong about this. Did they do this to possibly just trade him to the Browns for even more picks???
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204

Wobbie said:

What. The. Fuck.

a fair question.

I just can't believe how much they gave up to move up 1 fucking spot! The 49ers weren't even going to take this guy. Unbelievable.
    So strange. He would have been there at 3 for sure. Mind boggling.

Wobbie said:

What. The. Fuck.

a fair question.

So strange. He would have been there at 3 for sure. Mind boggling.
    Seems like they were bidding against themselves again like they did with Glennon. With how bad this roster is, to give up a 3rd and 4th round pick this year and a 3rd next year is crazy.

Watch Glennon be really good this year and then the Bears will be stuck with 2 QBs.....that would be such a Bears things to happen.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    ha

ha
    chinese-happy.jpg

ha

ha

Enjoy 9 games of Alshon Jeffrey this year!
    So dumb.
    So many holes to fill and they throw draft picks away on a guy they could have gotten if they traded down.
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    Chicago radio has been outstanding today....

Chicago radio has been outstanding today....

Oh man...I listened for like 10 mins this morning and couldn't take it. I can't believe I used to listen to that nonsense so much back in the day. Besides Carmen and Jurko on 1000, I can't stomach any of those shows.
    mca47 said:

So dumb.
    So many holes to fill and they throw draft picks away on a guy they could have gotten if they traded down.

I hate how much they gave up. But if this works out, no one will be talking about draft picks in a few years. This is make or break for Pace.