Anyone want to shape up in 2018? A continuing journey.......

Comments

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Sprunkn7 said:

Been missing you guys! After a hiatus I'm back on board.

Welcome back!
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    rgambs said:

I've been eating like a fat slob for a couple weeks under the guise that I am packing on muscle mass, I have been lifting intensely every day and skipping cardio all but once or twice a week.
    It's been fun!!
    Sunday the diet resumes, back to miles a day and 1000-1200 calories. Should be less fun, but I am excited to peel some fat off the muscles that have exploded this last month.

You really go for the extremes it seems like. Do you think you'll ever find yourself at a middle ground?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

I've been eating like a fat slob for a couple weeks under the guise that I am packing on muscle mass, I have been lifting intensely every day and skipping cardio all but once or twice a week.
    It's been fun!!
    Sunday the diet resumes, back to miles a day and 1000-1200 calories. Should be less fun, but I am excited to peel some fat off the muscles that have exploded this last month.

You really go for the extremes it seems like. Do you think you'll ever find yourself at a middle ground?
    I hope so, middle ground isn't my strong suit lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    If I could find middle ground I wold be thrilled! I'm either all in or all out! It a personality flaw.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    I did moderation for 2 weeks and gluttony for 1, no weight change! Woot!
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Nice! ^^^

Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    I am trying. Finding better things to eat to avoid migraine triggers. Going to start working out a few times a week after my schedule finally changes. My hubby and I, both. Trying to get the migraines under control!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Pumped up - inching closer to the 1 year mark! BOOM!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    I have a shoulder issue which is so weird because I don't know how it happened. It's been getting worse for a few weeks. Talking to one of my docs this week just to get an idea. Otherwise I have been having some health issues and not doing much but walking. Diet is 50/50 Lots of salads but I find myself eating out a lot and thats where things go bad! I have my physical on Thursday and hoping I get the ok to get back to the gym.
    Ahhhhh it sucks getting old!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    ms/w503/K9Mafia/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-03/6746835B-E441-4A74-994B-F4E1913DA4AC.jpg" alt="" />
    My
    Mile today
    Dang it.. the one pic didn't fit

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245

Beautiful images! I would love to be walking around there.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited March 2017
    @whispering hands
    Please stop posting those photos
    Too many people moving to Colorado already

@whispering hands
    Please stop posting those photos
    Too many people moving to Colorado already

Lmbo! Duly noted! But I do love walking out here just staring at that..
    20 minutes on the stationary bike
    20 minutes on the rowing machine
    .5 miles running on the treadmill
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    Ms. Haiku said:

20 minutes on the stationary bike

Good job!

I did 35 minutes on the stair machine, level 4 with a 35lb backpack, 30 minutes/3 miles on the treadmill, and lifted arms and chest for an hour.
    Probably going to run a few miles outside later, weather is supposed to be good.
    Got snowed out of my walk today..

Boo!!!
    Gotta love that front range weather, people from all over act like they have wild and fast changing weather...They are wrong most of the time. Unless they live on the front range, then they are probably right.

3 mile run this morning, planted about 150ft of onions, beets, spinach, Brussels sprouts, snap peas, and peas, and built 2 chicken tractorcoops! Busy day, which is good because it was a cheat meal and I had pizza and smores by the fire.
    rgambs said:

Boo!!!
    Gotta love that front range weather, people from all over act like they have wild and fast changing weather...They are wrong most of the time. Unless they live on the front range, then they are probably right.

3 mile run this morning, planted about 150ft of onions, beets, spinach, Brussels sprouts, snap peas, and peas, and built 2 chicken tractorcoops! Busy day, which is good because it was a cheat meal and I had pizza and smores by the fire.
    Sweet! Yeah front range weather is crazy for sure! Eventually I will have property and I'll plant a garden. Until then, I'll envy yours! :wink:
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Had a 2.5 hour bike ride this morning. I tried to go to the climbing gym this afternoon but time got away from me and I arrived at 6:00, exactly when it closes on weekends. Oops. Tomorrow I will be more organized.

But I have been able to stick to my goal of climbing a least three times a week so far, except when I'm out of town. And next week I'm going away but intend to climb anyway.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    rgambs said:

Boo!!!

Yay, pizza!
    30 minutes on the stationary bike

I'm feeling good.
    Ms. Haiku said:

30 minutes on the stationary bike

I'm feeling good.

Groovy!
    I did 3 miles after work, going to get up at 4:30am and lift for 2 hours and run again.

I lost 7 pounds this week! Most of it was the crap (literally lol) I ate last week.
    45 minutes on the stationary bike
    30 minutes on the rowing machine

I felt good.
    Ms. Haiku said:

I felt good.

Good job!

I set a personal best, road running 3 ten minute miles in a row the other night. 30 minutes and 9 seconds. Woot!
    I am down 8lbs in 10 days since I went back on my diet and cardio, and I feel good.

I set a new record today too! I added a bit of jogging into my mile in the Garden today, and I ended up doing my
    Mile in 25 minutes! That was amazing! I have not run like that since I was a kid!!

I set a new record today too! I added a bit of jogging into my mile in the Garden today, and I ended up doing my
    Mile in 25 minutes! That was amazing! I have not run like that since I was a kid!!

Good job! Mile high jogging is rough.
    rgambs said:

Ms. Haiku said:

I felt good.

Good job!

I set a personal best, road running 3 ten minute miles in a row the other night. 30 minutes and 9 seconds. Woot!
    I am down 8lbs in 10 days since I went back on my diet and cardio, and I feel good.

Congratulations on the personal best, rgambs!