RSD 2017 Release List:What's on your list?

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853

mcgruff10 said:

What dmb show is being released?

Red Rocks 95
    Oh Hot damn! There is an AWESOME version of Watchtower on that!!!
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

New to the area so just wanted to ask how busy do Seattle area shops get? You get people lining up night before and stuff? Any alternative to Easy Street? Search brought up way too many record stores. Which any other time is a good problem to have.

Thanks for any help...

Yeah, the popular independents will have lines, but that is because they also get stock. So for Seattle your best bets are:
    Easy Street
    Sonic Boom
    Silver Platters
    and perhaps Everyday Music, but I've never been there on RSD, so don't know.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    jeffbr said:

New to the area so just wanted to ask how busy do Seattle area shops get? You get people lining up night before and stuff? Any alternative to Easy Street? Search brought up way too many record stores. Which any other time is a good problem to have.

Thanks for any help...

Yeah, the popular independents will have lines, but that is because they also get stock. So for Seattle your best bets are:
    Easy Street
    Sonic Boom
    Silver Platters
    Never been to Everyday Music in Seattle, but I can say that they get a very full stock on RSD here in Portland.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mfc2006 said:

jeffbr said:

Thanks for any help...

Easy Street
    Sonic Boom
    Silver Platters
    Never been to Everyday Music in Seattle, but I can say that they get a very full stock on RSD here in Portland.
    Awesome! Maybe I'll swing by there on RSD to check them out.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    jeffbr said:

mfc2006 said:

jeffbr said:

Thanks for any help...

Easy Street
    Sonic Boom
    Silver Platters
    Awesome! Maybe I'll swing by there on RSD to check them out.
    Everyday Participates in RSD in Seattle, I have stopped by on RSD.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

mcgruff10 said:

What dmb show is being released?

Red Rocks 95
    Oh man my favorite dmb boot!! I might need to get this.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Glad to see the DMB Red Rocks is a RSD first also. I don't care anything about the silver vinyl. Will wait for the black. That is how I have all the other Live Trax releases anyway.
    MedozK said:

Glad to see the DMB Red Rocks is a RSD first also. I don't care anything about the silver vinyl. Will wait for the black. That is how I have all the other Live Trax releases anyway.

So this will be sold on the dmb web site eventually?
  • Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 335
    mcgruff10 said:

MedozK said:

yes, definitely!
    Croos1226 said:

mcgruff10 said:

MedozK said:

yes, definitely!
    I don't think I can get out for rsd so this is great news! When do they usually go on sale?
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    edited March 2017
    Anytime. I'm guessing they wait a few weeks after RSD though.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Croos1226 said:

mcgruff10 said:

MedozK said:

yes, definitely!
    The last batch DID NOT make it to DMB for some reason?
    edited March 2017
    Yeah they did. they were only released through the Warehouse.
    I have a feeling this is gonna be a way bigger release than the Live Trax pressings though. This is their biggest live album of all time (2m sold). I wouldn't be surprised if Demand for this album at least reaches that of their studio albums.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    I dont think RSD flippers are a totally bad thing. My local will not even be stocking some of the things I'm after. I'll buy some stuff on the secondary market and wait a few months until the fuss has died down for others. I will wander into my local store on RSD at a normal time, if they don't have what I want then I will buy a few records that I think I can trade. It may seem wrong but it works for me. Keep a calm head, be patient and not rush to pay silly prices. I also personally don't mind paying a little extra if it means not having to queue up. If people at the front of the queue are buying a large volume and preventing other people in the queue then shop staff need to be wise to this.

Here is my list and how I will hopefully get them:
    Pearl Jam 7" (I don't think this will be too hard to get, hopefully just buy from 10c)
    Iron and Wine 7" (Not mainstream enough for my local to stock so probably musicstacks)
    Evan Dando LP (I will wait for the regular reissue in a couple of months)
    Bruce Springsteen LP (I can't believe this will be very limited - just like the Mad Season wasn't, it will however be extremely overpriced)
    Smith's 7" (Initially it will probably seem hard to get but there will be restocks)

I usually spend March buying the previous years RSD items I missed for around half price.
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    My comment was due to the watermark. The labels etc. are as bad as flippers in my opinion with their overpricing. They created the limited nature, RSD hype it so essentially they created the monster. I bet most of the people who flip just buy more records with the money.
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    the labels are WORSE than the flippers could ever be
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    My only for sure right now is the Dexter Gordon release. Pressed in Pallas on 180g clear vinyl will sound marvelous. I know I'll be tempted by some others, but I'm also a bit leery on the quality and source of some of the other stuff and whether it's worth purchasing some digital master put on vinyl that isn't any different than what's already out there. That Thelonious Monk release interests me, but for around $60, it's a bit pricey. The AIC and Pearl Jam releases would be cool, but I don't feel like there is any audio value to getting them. The Santana Woodstock performance would also be cool, but again, what's the quality? That Johnny Guitar Watson release drew my attention, if for nothing else, the attention from the Pearl Jam track :smile: Of course, a Neil Young collection like that would be great to own on vinyl, but not sure I can justify it.

I love RSD, but it's a lot of work to sort through the subpar - mediocre releases that are just jumping in to the genre to make some money on a few suckers who think having vinyl is cool, but don't care about the pressing or source quality.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 335
    that's why they don't call it audiophile day.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    I'm going to try for:

The Doors - Live at the Matrix 1967
    Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - Welcome to 1979
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    Wantlist:
    Old 97's
    Spoon
    Jason Isbell
    PJ
    Head & The Heart
    Iron & Wine
    Black Crowes/Jimmy Page

...and a couple of others. Damn. Maybe I should stay home & save my cash.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    The Bruce live album is something I'll hope to snag knowing damn well it won't happen. Great, great show. Possibly my favorite version of Thunder Road ever.
    I don't think the Bruce live album will be that limited. Of course it will go quick on the day and will be going for silly prices on eBay but in the weeks following I bet we will see restocks. My problem with it is that I saw a rough price which seemed extortionate but will probably turn out to be true.
  • FR181798 said:

I don't think the Bruce live album will be that limited. Of course it will go quick on the day and will be going for silly prices on eBay but in the weeks following I bet we will see restocks. My problem with it is that I saw a rough price which seemed extortionate but will probably turn out to be true.

My local place has the prices listed on their site. This one is $79.99

FR181798 said:

HOLY CRAP
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    mfc2006 said:

FR181798 said:

HOLY CRAP
    Insane! I saw DMB was going to be the same. Just ridiculous.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergs said:

mfc2006 said:

FR181798 said:

HOLY CRAP
    Insane! I saw DMB was going to be the same. Just ridiculous.
    Yeah it's nuts. These are two I wanted to grab
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    If the DMB is only going to be 79.99, that's not a bad price for a 4LP box set compared to their other sets.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer