**2018 Degenerate Fantasy Baseball League**

Comments

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Everyone needs to vote on this trade.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

I most certainly am being objective about bryant. He won the MVP award, remember?

I'm not taking it personally. The trade is garbage. You're not looking at the trade objectively because you are on the winning end of the dumbest fantasy trade ever.

Oh I am sure there have been a lot worse.

You know that there is an MVP in both leagues right? And that Mike Trout won last year as well?
    How about 2014 when Mike Trout won?
    Baseball is about consistency. If Bryant can finish top 2 in MVP voting the first 5 years he is in the league then we can talk.
    (Trout is the only player ever to do this.)
    I'm not crapping on your boy -- I think he is awesome. And he might end up being the best player in the game. Right now, that distinction belongs to The Millville Meteor, Mike Trout.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Yep
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790

I most certainly am being objective about bryant. He won the MVP award, remember?

I'm not taking it personally. The trade is garbage. You're not looking at the trade objectively because you are on the winning end of the dumbest fantasy trade ever.

MVP? Come on. I could finish top 5 in votes.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

MVP? Come on. I could finish top 5 in votes.
    He didn't finish 5th like your boy cueto. And bryant was in diapers in 2014. He wasn't quite eligible for thebaward.

Oh, and he led the cubs to a world series win. Has trout done that?
    Yup, cause 1 player in baseball can win a World Series.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    This discussion is sorta like the 12 yr old kids on my nephew's baseball team.
    They think every time someone has a great run that they are the best ever. A few years ago it was Steph Curry. This year they all are talking about the youngest Ball kid, who apparently is a hoops YouTube darling. "He could beat anyone". Umm.....

Backing my opinion is pretty much every fantasy baseball service ranking & baseball writer.
    All still just opinions, of course. You could certainly end up being​ right. I just do not happen to think so.

This discussion is sorta like the 12 yr old kids on my nephew's baseball team.
    They think every time someone has a great run that they are the best ever. A few years ago it was Steph Curry. This year they all are talking about the youngest Ball kid, who apparently is a hoops YouTube darling. "He could beat anyone". Umm.....

Backing my opinion is pretty much every fantasy baseball service ranking & baseball writer.
    All still just opinions, of course. You could certainly end up being​ right. I just do not happen to think so.

I'm not sure you're reading every "fantasy baseball service" because most of them have Jose altuve as the best, fantasy wise.
    ESPN and Yahoo are the two biggest in the USA. Both listed Mike Trout as #1 overall player to draft.

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Scott does not view Yahoo as a viable fantasy site.

CBS Sports - Trout #1
    MLB.com - Trout #1

I would keep looking but I dont care that much.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    edited March 2017
    For grins I went back and ran through the list of draft picks on SPs made against the draft book I have.
    Some good picks and picks the book contributors would have died at. I know that this is the work of one company -- and this company has been around since 2010, for whatever that is worth.

According to this sheet:
    19 pitchers we drafted should NOT be drafted in a 12 man league. :lol:I drafted 3 of them.
    The best value from what they represented as Starting Pitchers: DegenerateFk picking Teheran in 11th round - they had him as a 5th rounder. (I was close with Cole Hamels as a 5th rounder, taken in the 9th round)

Worst Value for Pitchers? DegenerateFk picking Jake Arietta in 2nd Round, they had him as 5th rounder.

I used this chart to run the 2nd draft on Sunday night (this league was first) because I was getting bombed, but also because it was fun to mock the picks that others were taking.

Could be Areitta is awesome and Teheran is weak. This one group says they all to be should have been taken in the back half of the 5th round, Arietta first, Teheran second, Hamels last.

They also had Schwarber as an 11th round OF. Not sure where they would slot him for C (or if he will ultimately qualify to play C, which he doesnt in ESPN right now), going to guess much higher. DegenerateFk picked him in 3rd round.
    They also had Schwarber as an 11th round OF. Not sure where they would slot him for C (or if he will ultimately qualify to play C, which he doesnt in ESPN right now), going to guess much higher. DegenerateFk picked him in 3rd round.

:lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851

For grins I went back and ran through the list of draft picks on SPs made against the draft book I have.
    Some good picks and picks the book contributors would have died at. I know that this is the work of one company -- and this company has been around since 2010, for whatever that is worth.

According to this sheet:
    19 pitchers we drafted should NOT be drafted in a 12 man league. :lol:I drafted 3 of them.
    The best value from what they represented as Starting Pitchers: DegenerateFk picking Teheran in 11th round - they had him as a 5th rounder. (I was close with Cole Hamels as a 5th rounder, taken in the 9th round)

Worst Value for Pitchers? DegenerateFk picking Jake Arietta in 2nd Round, they had him as 5th rounder.

I used this chart to run the 2nd draft on Sunday night (this league was first) because I was getting bombed, but also because it was fun to mock the picks that others were taking.

Could be Areitta is awesome and Teheran is weak. This one group says they all to be should have been taken in the back half of the 5th round, Arietta first, Teheran second, Hamels last.

I could see this as he can be a defensive liability but his bat should lite the F up.

So, I realized that I have 0 as in ZERO relief pitchers. Anyone want to trade?
    Championship is mine!
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

According to this sheet:

I could see this as he can be a defensive liability but his bat should lite the F up.

According to this sheet:

Craig Kimbrel for Jose Altuve?

According to this sheet:

According to this sheet:

Craig Kimbrel for Jose Altuve?
    That's not a fair trade, thanks though.
    I was joking!

It would take a pretty good starter for me to trade a closer for.

2 top closers for Altuve is too steep for me based on the way I drafted my team.

I'd love to believe in Nola, Matz, or even Harvey....But they are all big injury concerns.

Not sure that I see a good matchup.

Maybe Trumbo for a closer? Trade him for Pujols and Tony Watson....What do you think? A two for one?
    Harvey and Nola won't get saves. I may just skip that part of this and worry about my other players?
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, you can bail on Saves. I have done that other years. It is tough on you era and whip but it is a viable strategy.
    I don't think the trade offered is unfair but I totally understand if you choose to bail on Saves.
    Harvey and Nola could be Stars for you. Or, they could be weak injury/limited guys . That is why they are not too high as far as picks/draftees. Part of what makes this game difficult.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    Personally, I like both of them but am scared away from both of them
    Nobody would trade altuve for 2 closers. Except for ani.
    Or, perhaps, someone who drafted 0 closers and had no options on the wire. I won't trade from my perspective either so it is not on the table.
    Basic economics. Something is more valuable if unavailable.

True, but my back isn't againts the wall either. I'm planning on Harvey beasting it up this year, he's had his surgeries and now he wants the ball. Late round pick, also with Nola. He will be better than most thought too.

True, but my back isn't againts the wall either. I'm planning on Harvey beasting it up this year, he's had his surgeries and now he wants the ball. Late round pick, also with Nola. He will be better than most thought too.
    The market sets the demand -- and everyone's view of the market is different. No fault to your strategy at this point, gotta run with it!
    I loaded up on RP. Other years I skimped.
    I want to get some players that are still available. How can I do that?

Remember that I am a complete novice to this...
    Hi Chris,
    You go to Players tab.
    Decide who you want to see in the player pool....do this by selecting Batters (pointed at in blue) to see all Batters available.
    See all pitchers available by selecting Pitchers (pointed at in red)
    You can also select a specific position you are looking for by clicking on that position designation. (On of the options highlighted in yellow)

In your case I clicked on RP to make sure that I only see available players currently designated by ESPN as Relief Pitchers
    (Red arrow)
    Next I determine what statistics I want the system to show. For this, I chose 2017 Projections....which are exactly what they sound like. Estimated stats by some propellerhead @ ESPN.com
    (Pointed at with blue arrow)
    Let's say you want Nate Jones. (Highlighted in yellow)
    Note the next date that player will be available. Wednesday. (underlined in black)
    Click on the Claim Button (circled in black)

Now you need to Bid on the player. You will be bidding against anyone else who places a claim on this player prior to his release from the Waiver on Wednesday. It is important to note that you start our with $250 to use for the entire season. If you run out, you cannot add any other players. It is also important to note that you have no idea if someone else really wants this player and will bid $42 or if you are the only one looking at him and a $1 bid would win.
    In the event more than one person bids the same amount of money on the player I believe they are awarded to the Team in the lower position in the rankings...or whomever drafted AFTER the other team bidding at equal value if this happens before the season starts and rankings are established.
    (Circled in Black)

Now....it is pretty obvious if you are at your limit on players that you need to drop someone.
    Put a check in the box next to the player you would drop in order to pick up Nate Jones.
    (See the Highlighted check next to C Jonathan Lucroy. )
    (I would point out that you typically would be dropping a similar position to who you are drafting or a bench player)

From there you confirm and await the notification.

Does this help you make some claims?

F Me is a better Comish than Scott.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    JD is a fucking knuckle dragger. Thanks for inviting him Scott, his team blows dicks and his ideas are silly.
    Hoping to goad him into a head to head bet so I can take his money.
    Will you vouch for him?