Options

Anyone else wish Eddie had toured with The Doors?

OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,176
I'm catching up on Eddie's prior RnRHoF inductions in preparation for the boys being inducted in a few weeks and am really enjoying his performance with The Doors. Apparently John was impressed enough to say he would only tour again with someone like Eddie. It would have been cool to see Eddie play with them when they toured in 2002, John may have been on board for that (only Robby and Ray toured then and got heat from John for doing so; not sure of the exact politics there). Too late now with Ray gone.

Anyone else agree? Just a few shows, nothing to hold up what Pearl Jam were likely doing in 2002 (writing/recording Riot Act)?
DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394

I'm catching up on Eddie's prior RnRHoF inductions in preparation for the boys being inducted in a few weeks and am really enjoying his performance with The Doors. Apparently John was impressed enough to say he would only tour again with someone like Eddie. It would have been cool to see Eddie play with them when they toured in 2002, John may have been on board for that (only Robby and Ray toured then and got heat from John for doing so; not sure of the exact politics there). Too late now with Ray gone.

Anyone else agree? Just a few shows, nothing to hold up what Pearl Jam were likely doing in 2002 (writing/recording Riot Act)?

yea
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,013

Sure why not.

He should also have toured with Neil Young and the rest of the band in 1995
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,833
    Hell Yeah, that would have been amazing. Whenever I hear certain Doors songs I wish PJ would cover them live at shows. Like Moonlight Drive or L.A. Woman. I know a large percent of people on these boards think they do to many covers but I love hearing songs they enjoy themselves enough to share with the fans live. Eddie touring with the doors back in 2002 would have been awesome!
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    Nope.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544

Totally agree
  • Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455

Nope.

I agree with Nelly.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,936
    When I was in High School, I would have thought it was cool. Not now.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,892
    I wish he would tour with Pearl Jam and maybe even record a new album.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,162
    edited March 2017

• Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,751
    edited March 2017

Sure why not.

He should also have toured with Neil Young and the rest of the band in 1995
    I remember in PJ20 watching Neil say the band needed a break from Ed and realize they were just as good/important to PJs success so it's probably a good thing this didn't happen at that time. I'd be all for it right now
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Would have been awesome. Also would like to have some of the C-Average recordings come to light.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,176
    mcgruff10 said:

Yeah I got it - this is retrospective.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,493
    Nah
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,162
    Maybe it would of been cool to front the doors for a show or two right around that '93 performance at the RRoH. I dunno... I don't think you work as a replacement singer for another band, when you're own high caliber band it's still kicking ass and taking names. Its a weird career move.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    I agree, a show or two would have been cool but an entire tour would have been too much.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,013
    edited March 2017
    Zod said:

Maybe it would of been cool to front the doors for a show or two right around that '93 performance at the RRoH. I dunno... I don't think you work as a replacement singer for another band, when you're own high caliber band it's still kicking ass and taking names. Its a weird career move.

They backed Neil Young just 2 years later when they were in their own high caliber band and still kicking ass and taking names.

But obviously that was a collective choice.

Yeah, would have been weird 2-3 years in "So, im off singing for the doors the rest of the year"
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,936
    The difference is Neil Young is awesome.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

The difference is Neil Young is awesome.

:lol: agree

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore