THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Daryl doesn't have his crossbow.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956

I liked the show except for one thing that I can't get over. And that is the stupidity of Sasha and Rosita. I don't see any logic whatsoever in their decision to go to the sanctuary. I mean, they know that war is being planned. And the only thing related to a an explanation for their action is that Rick is taking too long. Well, maybe that is because they are not ready yet. Just like Sasha & Rosita. And what was Sasha going to do once inside? Other than commit suicide? And who took the bag? Did Sasha take it inside? Or did she leave it with Rosita? And if so, I think she left it behind. I may have missed it, but I don't think she ran off with it. Maybe I can understand that they thought that if they took out Negan then that would either solve the problem of the Saviors, or at least make it easier for Rick and gang. But once the assassination failed they should have booked it back to Hilltop. Nothing good is going to come of Sasha's capture or suicide. There is no way that she can get to Negan inside the Sanctuary.

Negan is going to be really pissed off about this. He will retaliate against Alexandria.

So you like the whole show, except for the main plot? That's how I felt too.
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    DewieCox said:

pretty sure the kingdom gave him one, could be wrong
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    mace1229 said:

I liked the show except for one thing that I can't get over. And that is the stupidity of Sasha and Rosita. I don't see any logic whatsoever in their decision to go to the sanctuary. I mean, they know that war is being planned. And the only thing related to a an explanation for their action is that Rick is taking too long. Well, maybe that is because they are not ready yet. Just like Sasha & Rosita. And what was Sasha going to do once inside? Other than commit suicide? And who took the bag? Did Sasha take it inside? Or did she leave it with Rosita? And if so, I think she left it behind. I may have missed it, but I don't think she ran off with it. Maybe I can understand that they thought that if they took out Negan then that would either solve the problem of the Saviors, or at least make it easier for Rick and gang. But once the assassination failed they should have booked it back to Hilltop. Nothing good is going to come of Sasha's capture or suicide. There is no way that she can get to Negan inside the Sanctuary.

Negan is going to be really pissed off about this. He will retaliate against Alexandria.

Ha! Pretty much. Let me word that a little more accurately. I thought the show did well with what it was given (the bad plot line). There were touching moments which made me go "awwwww" and not roll my eyes. And there were tense moments which made me sit on the edge of my seat and not wonder what they were thinking when they wrote the scene. Does that make sense? And also, the Eugene scene was good despite the two renegades doing their best to mess things up. That scene has people really wondering if Eugene has changed sides or not.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    Nami said:

DewieCox said:

pretty sure the kingdom gave him one, could be wrong
    Yes, Richard gave him one when he took him out to attack the Savior's motorcade, and they fought over Carol.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi

mace1229 said:

Ha! Pretty much. Let me word that a little more accurately. I thought the show did well with what it was given (the bad plot line). There were touching moments which made me go "awwwww" and not roll my eyes. And there were tense moments which made me sit on the edge of my seat and not wonder what they were thinking when they wrote the scene. Does that make sense? And also, the Eugene scene was good despite the two renegades doing their best to mess things up. That scene has people really wondering if Eugene has changed sides or not.
    I was just giving you a hard time.
    But I agree about Eugene. I can't tell if he's only looking out for himself like he did the first few seasons he was in, or if he's playing an angle. I didnt like him, so I'm glad they are at least using his character to add some interest for me. My first thoughts are he's only looking out for himself after he wouldnt help poison Negan and helped build up the wall, but that almost seems too obvious, I'm waiting for something big to happen with him.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Eugene is not a fighter, and he has the comforts of home AND power right now, everything he has ever wanted. IMO, he hasn't really switched sides, per say, he's just justifying staying with the Saviors because of his role in their group.

Sasha and Rosita are all serious about taking out Negan, and how fleeting an opportunity it could be, so they decide to sit down and talk about post-apolcalyptic booty calls without anyone watching for Negan? Really? that was horrendously stupid.

The Morgan scene was awesome. Until it ended with his "aww....MAN!" and kicking that cardboard box like a 7 year old who just got told he couldn't go to the pool today. I did NOT see that scene with Richard coming.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135

Negan needs to go this season. No reason to stretch this out any longer. The show is ridiculous now trying to put a full show together for each god damn cast member

I agree that they shouldn't put a back story/show together for each cast member, but I was looking forward to just Negan's back story. I guess I'm curious about that. Plus, I don't think they'll let Jeffrey Dean Morgan go after just one season. He's too awesome for that.
    Seems like Rick is only even in half the episodes anymore with all the back/side stories.
    I dont see how they can possibly drag this out another full season, without making it an utter bore. Would have to be mid-season finale at the latest to settle things with the Saviors, but I'm guessing even sooner, probably season 8 opener.

Negan needs to go this season. No reason to stretch this out any longer. The show is ridiculous now trying to put a full show together for each god damn cast member

I agree that they shouldn't put a back story/show together for each cast member, but I was looking forward to just Negan's back story. I guess I'm curious about that. Plus, I don't think they'll let Jeffrey Dean Morgan go after just one season. He's too awesome for that.
    cant see them getting rid of neagan just yet as they have done shit with him... so much potential for many a great show with his character. plus an insight into his rising would be cool to see....
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    This season is really dragging. I'm hoping Sasha and Rosita get killed, just for being sooooooo stupid. Glad Jesus dropped his lil personal bomb is such a casual way :-) And it was a nice Moment with Maggie and Daryl. Would like to see Dwight switch sides and super happy for Eugene. I mean they really didn't USE his strong points and now he's doing pretty well.....for now!

One more thing. There was totally a clear head shot of Negan. She was too slow!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    Sprunkn7 said:

This season is really dragging. I'm hoping Sasha and Rosita get killed, just for being sooooooo stupid. Glad Jesus dropped his lil personal bomb is such a casual way :-) And it was a nice Moment with Maggie and Daryl. Would like to see Dwight switch sides and super happy for Eugene. I mean they really didn't USE his strong points and now he's doing pretty well.....for now!

One more thing. There was totally a clear head shot of Negan. She was too slow!

it takes more than 1 second to line up a head shot, especially on a moving target.

I agree. I think Eugene is far more well suited to being Negan than being Rick.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Sprunkn7 said:

This season is really dragging. I'm hoping Sasha and Rosita get killed, just for being sooooooo stupid.

At this point, I pretty much hope every character gets killed because they are all so stupid! This half season has been sooooooo dragged out...it's starting to get ridiculous, even for this show.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853

Sprunkn7 said:

This season is really dragging. I'm hoping Sasha and Rosita get killed, just for being sooooooo stupid.

At this point, I pretty much hope every character gets killed because they are all so stupid! This half season has been sooooooo dragged out...it's starting to get ridiculous, even for this show.
    #jumpedtheshark
    watched a couple of those webisodes last night; Fear The Walking Dead: Passage was ok. And the Flight one was alright, but didn't get to see the end. Apparently you learned the fate of the plane folks on the actual FTWD show, which I can't recall. Is that the plane that they came across on that island?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

watched a couple of those webisodes last night; Fear The Walking Dead: Passage was ok. And the Flight one was alright, but didn't get to see the end. Apparently you learned the fate of the plane folks on the actual FTWD show, which I can't recall. Is that the plane that they came across on that island?

Yes, they found the plane - not sure if it was on an island or not. But the young man and the woman survived and they found them in the raft. But the boy was hurt and was going to die. Their raft was being pulled by Strand's boat and he cut the rope I think. Someone may need to correct me on that.

Yes, they found the plane - not sure if it was on an island or not. But the young man and the woman survived and they found them in the raft. But the boy was hurt and was going to die. Their raft was being pulled by Strand's boat and he cut the rope I think. Someone may need to correct me on that.
    right, not an island, but on the coast, you are right. now I recall that. Thanks!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

I kind forgot about FTWD. I think I only lasted a few episodes into season 2....it was really bad. The timing of it taking place as the zombie apocalypse started was cool but the characters were just awful.

I kind forgot about FTWD. I think I only lasted a few episodes into season 2....it was really bad. The timing of it taking place as the zombie apocalypse started was cool but the characters were just awful.
    told my wife we are not buying the next season. (no cable, we do itunes).
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    So, since they're all joining forces to take over the Saviors' camp, my guess is they will succeed at this, but Negan and some others will be jailed, and during this time, Negan will reflect on his past.... thus ending the long anticipation of Negan's back story.. :) I do think it would be cool in the battle if someone got mauled by the tiger.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    not to bad of an episode. Think Dwight is serious about helping Rick and the gang? Probably but who knows. Hope Sasha dies, she's getting on my nerves. Not sure why the women didn't want to join but oh well, least they got their guns.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    why in the hell is Sasha not dead? Negan should have took her out after she killed 2 of his men. Also, how did rick and the gang so gingerly set up bombs around the beach community? Then Tara gets into the main house without being detected? The first time she got on the site she was caught within minutes. Let Darryl at Dwight why take a chance??? Whats Rick, Negan now....Kneel?

cheesy episode
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    ZZzzzzzzzzzz
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Nami said:

why in the hell is Sasha not dead? Negan should have took her out after she killed 2 of his men. Also, how did rick and the gang so gingerly set up bombs around the beach community? Then Tara gets into the main house without being detected? The first time she got on the site she was caught within minutes. Let Darryl at Dwight why take a chance??? Whats Rick, Negan now....Kneel?

cheesy episode

My guess is Negan is going to use her as a hostage to convince Rick to give up. The preview for next week kinda hinted at something like that, and makes sense why Negan told her to enjoy her night because tomorrow she's going to earn it.
    Either way, she was dumb and no one is going to miss her for that.
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    negan won't kill women and children. that why sasha is still alive and also the reason why he didn't kill carl. his plan with her could go in a couple directions. he can either use her as a hostage as mentioned or he can truly try to get her to become a savior, much like he did with daryl and eugene. i am going with the hostage route, because didn't negan mention that he heard rick was up to "no good"? i imagine dwight heading off to alexandria required some help or cover and maybe loose lips made its way back to negan? and sasha is now his poker chip so to speak.

i don't mind the story driven episodes, but damn, now they are in a situation where they are going to cram so much into the finale it's going to feel very rushed.

and yeah, the group sneaking up on oceanside and using all those explosives was a bit silly.
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    another silly part of sunday's episode --- in the very beginning when they are ALL in that row boat? i busted out laughing. talk about making a group of ten of your very best vulnerable and sitting ducks!
    Nami said:

cheesy episode

negan knows he can use her, either as a hostage as someone else mentioned, or turn her into a savior.

tara wasn't caught this time as she knew her way around.

having Rick tell Oceanside to kneel is twofold: when you hold people hostage, you want them vulnerable (on their knees), and, it is to further blur the lines of who is actually good and who is evil in this show. Rick callously killed many of Negan's men while they slept. Negan only asked for one life in return, face to face, (Glen was extra because of Daryl). Also, Negan knows it's better to have slaves than corpses.

I think Dwight is legit. As for Negan's "little birdie"? it's probaby someone totally unexpected. Like Jester Jerry. that would be a twist.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,989
    Rick is the main protagonist in this show.
    Much like Daniel is in the Karate Kid.
    Negan has brought some sort of order to the new world....bit of a dictatorship, but order nonetheless.

;)
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe

Nami said:

cheesy episode

negan knows he can use her, either as a hostage as someone else mentioned, or turn her into a savior.
    - if anything he is showing weakness to his crew for not avenging their deaths,,, I feel the show portrayed Negan as a terror with the smacking of skulls but fell short with his character this season. Im was/am expecting so much but have been let down show after show.

tara wasn't caught this time as she knew her way around.
    - to set up bombs and then creep around without being detected was dumb... the first time we met the ocean crew they had security and now nothing??

having Rick tell Oceanside to kneel is twofold: when you hold people hostage, you want them vulnerable (on their knees), and, it is to further blur the lines of who is actually good and who is evil in this show. Rick callously killed many of Negan's men while they slept. Negan only asked for one life in return, face to face, (Glen was extra because of Daryl). Also, Negan knows it's better to have slaves than corpses.
    - good point of view... interesting

I think Dwight is legit. As for Negan's "little birdie"? it's probaby someone totally unexpected. Like Jester Jerry. that would be a twist.
    - im skeptical about dwight, once a snake, always a snake. I think hes the rat boy negan is talking about.. Regardless of how they have showed Dwight second guessing his life with the survivors, i think he will remain loyal. And if Rick and the gang inform him of the their plans that would be just plain dumb on their part.
    dwight wasn't really a snake. he's a survivor like anyone else in this world. everyone hated him because he crossed daryl. but he did what he had to do to survive. and he is incredibly bitter about stealing the love of his life and now she's gone and hates him, and he resents negan for that.

i don't read the comics, but my buddy does, and he told me that negan has never killed a woman or a child. that told me right from the start that even though we all think of him as a psycho, he has rules. psychos don't have rules. he has morals, just like rick and his crew. he often goes overboard (throwing that guy into the furnace and burning alive, for one), but he does that to keep everyone in line, and other times he shows mercy, or even a tender side, like when he was carl. he's a perplexing character, multi-dimensional, not as easy to pin down as "evil" like the governor.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD