Mike McCready's record label HockeyTalkter Records. 50% off vinyl @ 10Club

Comments

• Thanks for the heads up.
    2005: Kitchener / London / Hamilton | 2006: Toronto 1&2 | 2010: Hartford | 2011: Toronto 1&2 / Hamilton
    2013: London, Brooklyn 1&2 | 2014: Detroit | 2015: New York | 2016: Ottawa / Toronto 1 / Wrigley 1
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    @ Star Anna

Come beat the heat this evening at Columbia City Theater and help me celebrate the release of my limited edition 7" Burn/Alone In This Together! It's a great evening of music w/ Annabelle Lord-Patey, Matt Minigell and me! Music starts at 8pm!
    edited November 2016
    First 4 Hockey Talkter records are on sale now @ the 10club store. https://pearljam.com/shop/music/vinyl
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • demetrios said:

First 4 Hockey Talkter records are on sale now @ the 10club store. https://pearljam.com/shop/music/vinyl

Reprints?

demetrios said:

Reprints?
    I'm not sure.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594

demetrios said:

Reprints?
    They are still in the hockeytalktor store, so I doubt it.
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Still waiting for a HockeyTalkter t shirt!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    There not on the hockeytalkter site anymore.
    KW6232 said:

There not on the hockeytalkter site anymore.

That sucks! All 4 vinyl releases that I purchased from HockeyTalkter's website (including the clear vinyl release) were all shipped via USPS which I would receive a tracking number for every purchase. It was so great to finally receive tracking #'s on PJ related vinyl release. Now if all HockeyTalkter 7" singles are to be sold @ the 10club from this point forward they won't include tracking #'s to Canada. D'oh! :(

Wish Mike pushed his HockeyTalkter label for a monthly or quarterly vinyl record club mailing. It would of been awesome!
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    My guess is it's a cost issue. Probably not a lot of records being shipped after the initial release to justify paying somebody to handle shipping a couple records a day. Tenclub makes sense other than the tracking issues demetrios has mentioned.
  • jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872

I've emailed a handful of times asking about shirts. I also asked every time I placed an order. I never received a response to any of my inquires.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    edited November 2016
    jason_94 said:

I've emailed a handful of times asking about shirts. I also asked every time I placed an order. I never received a response to any of my inquires.
    I have a shirt. Wearing it now actually. I got mine from Mike.. I do remember they had a select few at his Hockeytalkter show last year. He probably hasn't made anymore since.
    edited January 2017

https://www.facebook.com/events/1216027911838395/

Join STAG as they celebrate the release of their newest single "The Bedazzler" on Mike Mccready of Pearl Jam's Hockey Talkter Records. The night is also Darrells Tavern 7th Anniversary. Show will feature Lucky Boys, F-Holes, Stag, & the Boss Martians

Friday, February 17 at 9 PM - 1:30 AM PST

Darrell's Tavern
    18041 Aurora Ave N, Shoreline, Washington 98133

https://darrellstavern.com/show-calendar/

http://www.northwestmusicscene.net/premiere-listen-to-the-bedazzler-by-seattles-stag/

PREMIERE: Listen to ‘The Bedazzler’ by Seattle’s Stag

The latest recording from Seattle Power Pop purveyors Stag is a full-on chooglin’ slice of stomp-worthy boogie evoking early ’70s glam. Let’s just say Marc Bolan would be proud. A limited edition colored vinyl 45, featuring iconic cover imagery from famed NYC ’70s-era photographer Meryl Meisler, is a rager!. Recorded by Jack Endino and mixed by Martin Feveyear, the single captures the members of Stag laying down their most ambitious songwriting, and production to date. “The Bedazzler” burns hot live and will sound perfect mixed in with artists like T- Rex, Ty Segall or Eagles of Death Metal on any radio station or playlist. Hear it now in all its glory!

Stag is a band from the northwest whose making ripples in the water of Seattle rock. Formed in 2010 by a host of some of the city’s finest musicians, Steve Mack (vocals), Ben London (guitar), John Randolph (guitar), Rob Dent (drums), and Pete Everett (bass), the group is highly evolved. By mixing pop rock from the late ’60’s and early 70’s with straight ahead rock, the group has avoided the “Deathcab” stereotype and have forged their own path, “We love so many bands, it’s hard to pinpoint,” says London. Stag is another in a long line of bands that are showing the rest of the known world that there isn’t really isn’t one distinct “Seattle” sound, despite what many people that aren’t from here assume.

The song will be released on Mike McCready’s HockeyTalkter Records and will be available for purchase on January 20, 2017.

The band will also have their record release event on Febuary 17, 2017 at Darrell’s Tavern in Shoreline. Get tickets HERE and RSVP at the Facebook event page HERE.

(You can listen to ‘The Bedazzler’ below and get more info about Stag on Facebook HERE.)

@ Danny Newcomb & the Sugarmakers

Doing some mixing for HockeyTalkter Records single this Friday in Stumptown. Really excited to hear these songs and finalize the single for production. See you soon -- will share some in a couple weeks. Stay sane, Danny and Faith, Rick and Eric and mr. Burns.
  • DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    I don't collect everything, and so far have picked up about half of the Hockey Talkter offerings. So I guess I'm somewhere between Depends on Pricing and I Only Buy One at a Time... I do like the discovery of new music/ bands, and I do like vinyl singles that aren't always black. I would probably check it out for a year or two to see if I was enjoying the music more often than not... :rock_on:
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    I think they might want to limit what they press so they don't have stuff sitting around. It would depend on pricing for me.
    kramer73 said:

I think they might want to limit what they press so they don't have stuff sitting around. It would depend on pricing for me.

If they keep it the same steady price like releases pass I'm ok with that. I only hope they don't do random variant editions for those in this subscription singles club. Either have an option where a member could buy either or both editions. Make it exclusive for Hockey Talkter fans.
    Still ISO 2 color variants ..

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    demetrios said:

I think, me too
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    demetrios said:

I'm pretty sure there was a red Keep On too.

demetrios said:

Yep. That one & the Mad Season's River of Deceit purple vinyl are the ones I'm missing.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    demetrios said:

demetrios said:

Yep. That one & the Mad Season's River of Deceit purple vinyl are the ones I'm missing.
    I'm just missing the purple, and prolly will forever, until my kids give all my shit to goodwill after I'm gone. Lol
  • no codeno code Posts: 109
    I'm really hoping for a subscription offer from Hockeytalkter. They did a poll recently on twitter, and I would sign up in a heartbeat.

These releases are one of the most exciting things to come out of the Pearl Jam camp in years. IMO.
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead...
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    How is that Shadow album?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

How is that Shadow album?

It's pretty good. Tonight The Lights Go Out kicks ass!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftkvg1WEzyk
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    Hey Mike, where's the Hockey Talkter logo merch? Shirts, hats, slipmats.......seriously, take my $$$!!!