**2018 Degenerate Fantasy Baseball League**

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847

It is category based. You can look at your week 1 matchup now to see what categories we use. You are playing against someone else to determine how you did. Every category you win you get a win, every one you lose is a loss. You have a winning percentage based on those wins and losses. At the end of the season both division winners and then the next best 4 go into playoffs. At that point it is straight win or go home for total categories that week against your head to head matchup.

So for SB. If my team in that span swipes 20 bases and the other guys team gets 15 I win that category?

Same as HR and RBI's?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Yes, Chris, that is right.
    2 categories are ones where the fewest number wins.
    Ks for hitting. You don't want your guys to strike out a lot....so if your team totals 77 Ks in a week at the plate and your opponent totals 78, you win.
    Some for Pitching....but that category is L. The team which loses the most, loses that point.

Here is a key -- especially when looking at your roster.
    You select who to start and who to bench. Some (myself included) would not think it wise to carry many bench hitters. You only can start the positions listed...I prefer to keep extra pitchers.
    You can decide for yourself. Were I you, I would dump those 5 guys on my bench for pitchers. Perhaps keep 1 or 2 bench guys if you are really high on them. But you dont need a backup SS, nor C...and 3 extra OF is too many imo.

The waiver wire is funky in this league but if you give it a look it should make sense. If not, Commish can 'splain as he made it.

There is also a minimum number of innings you MUST log each week (14...and if you do not, you lose every pitching category) and a maximum number of starts (dumb rule) that you are allowed to start in any week's matchup. (14)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Wheelin' & Dealin'
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    You wanted Goldy and Strasburg from me and gave up one of the top 3 players in the league for a closer and a 3b that will get 30 HR with a .220 average? Wow. Ani just got ass raped.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    Fme, you keep forgetting that you're a commish too
    That trade is so bad. It's almost vetoable.
    Why is 14 games started maximum per week a dumb rule? There's almost no way you'll ever hit that number unless all of your starters are pitching twice that week. Which rarely ever happens
    I didnt address that 14 start cap prior to the draft so it is the rule again, at least for another year. Not fair to change rules post draft.
    Someone voted against that trade, was that you?
    Super Todd is awesome, it broke my heart to trade him. He was the nicest player to my nephew on two different occasions a year apart.
    I do, however, have a feeling about youngster in Chicago -- he didnt play the whole year last year but it seems he was pretty good after his call up. Could be a flash in the pan, but it is a risk I am willing to take.
    :lol:
    There were many times last year where I capped out. It wont matter as much to me this season, likely as I have 2 more Closers than I normally do. I only have 9 SP instead of 11.
    Todd Frazier is trash. Trading bryant for Frazier is insane. I haven't voted yet, but I'm seriously considering voting against it. There's nothing fair about that trade. Especially knowing what he wanted from me. Jansen is a top closer, but saves is just one category. There's just no comparison between bryant and Frazier. Bryant is better in EVERY category.
    I wasn't going to change the start rule anyway. Why do you not like it?
    I just think that in Fantasy Baseball you should be able to start your pitchers. I have played in all sorts of formats and this is the only league where there have been limitations on the amount of starts you can make. It is fine, if it bugged me too much I would have thought ahead to discuss and see if others agreed or if I was the only one who disliked it.
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728

I forgot we were playing in the actual national football league. Where someone is drafted is absolutely irrelevant to their trade value. If you think bryant is better than Goldy, that's fine. He ismt Steven Strasburg better in terms of fantasy value.

I thought this was baseball......maybe that is why the trades aren't working. Who would try to trade a baseball player for a football player?
    I'm certain you said you didn't want to participate.
    Play in the league no. Mock you and a few others, I'm always up for that.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.

I don't get it. Gave that up for saves...

I just think that in Fantasy Baseball you should be able to start your pitchers. I have played in all sorts of formats and this is the only league where there have been limitations on the amount of starts you can make. It is fine, if it bugged me too much I would have thought ahead to discuss and see if others agreed or if I was the only one who disliked it.

It really isn't a factor in this league where streaming pitchers is limited. I'm willing to bet that in 2 years, youve never hit 14 starts in a week
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Hey, what I do with my players is my business. Maybe I see Frazier hitting 60 jacks this season. Plus I needed saves.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    As an admirer of Todd Frazier it hurts to see someone describe him as trash
    He was super nice to Alex on two times as I said. Went out of his way to be nice to him.
    He worked very hard to turn himself into a big time player, an all star, a home run derby champ, a LLWS champ.
    He hails from nearby Toms River, NJ.
    He is also going to get traded at some point this year -- my money is on the Yankees.

It really isn't a factor in this league where streaming pitchers is limited. I'm willing to bet that in 2 years, youve never hit 14 starts in a week
    I just shared that I had. I learned to start counting them and starting/sitting the people I wanted when I was going to go over by a few. If you carry 11 pitchers it is going to happen sometimes
    And, I am hugely anti-streaming, we agree there.
    He could be the nicest guy in the world, doesn't mean he's not garbage. Especially when you're trading the best player on the league for him. I don't see this trade getting the required votes
    edited March 2017
    Mike Trout is the best player in the league.
    Bryant is a stud but he hasnt played a full season up, no way he pushes out Trout.

You dont need votes for a trade, you need 5 votes against to veto. Why would people veto? You know Ani wants to win this league so he isnt doing it to try and collude with me. He is not mentally handicapped, so he knows what he is doing. He did not make the trade offer last night, when we were both inebriated.

He is of sound mind. This is clearly not to try and collude. While you can certainly make a case against trading the 1st guy at 3B and the worst Closer for the 6th best 3B and the 2nd best closer (using Fantasy Alarm Draft Guide, 12 team league assessment) there are clearly value cases to be made for it.

No reason to vote against.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    Actually Fantasy Alarm Draft Guide has the Phillies' Closer Nerris as undraftable. They have guys who arent even closers ahead of him. He is trash.
    Actually, I take that back. He may be a very nice man who is kind to elderly ladies and small, companion animals. It is not right to call him trash. He is a fantasy player judged unworthy of team ownership consideration, as stated by the crack team at Fantasy Alarm.
    First of all fme, you're not going to ass rape me the way you ass raped ani. No way I'm trading Goldy for pujols.

Second, you're only losing about 10-15 total saves from Jensen to Neriis.

Third, Bryant only missed 20 days last year due to management holding him in the minors for contractual issues. He played a full season and had a better season than trout. Bryant is easily one of the top 3 players in the league. And can easily be considered the best player in the league.

Fourth, what does being a nice guy have to do with being a garbagel 3rd baseman? No, I don't think there is any collusion going on. But this trade is so bad, that I doubt it will be too hard to find 5 guys to veto it.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Maybe I want to have all nice guys on my team. I took second last year so I like to believe I know what I am doing.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Lackey for arrieta? Seriously? Your ass is bleeding so bad that you think im going to take it up the ass?
    edited March 2017

Maybe I want to have all nice guys on my team. I took second last year so I like to believe I know what I am doing.

You clearly do not
    Post edited by Degeneratefk on
    First of all fme, you're not going to ass rape me the way you ass raped ani. No way I'm trading Goldy for pujols.
    Did you read the comment?
    "Imagine it is 2009"
    Just trying to lighten the mood, you seem to be taking this Bryant trade very personally.
    Trout is best player in the league by any objective review.
    I get you not being objective about Bryant. Part of why I love Votto as much as I do (and Super Todd) is my Reds fandom.
    I still think Veto is dumb. The only reason to veto is if you believe it is collusion or taking advantage of someone. I would never do anything on purpose to hurt the league or cheat -- Fantasy Baseball is something I love. Plus, we are putting in money and once the season starts I would not be messing with other people's money.
    I most certainly am being objective about bryant. He won the MVP award, remember?

I'm not taking it personally. The trade is garbage. You're not looking at the trade objectively because you are on the winning end of the dumbest fantasy trade ever.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA