THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mace1229 said:

Let me remind everyone this is a show based on a comic book where dead people rise up and eat the living. I think a little 80's superhero sword throwing is acceptable now and then.

I get that. But the way it was done, I was waiting for that stupid audio effect from Knight Rider or the 6 Million Dollar Man or something. I can't articulate what that sound is, but it was used often in cheesy 80's shows.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    mace1229 said:

Let me remind everyone this is a show based on a comic book where dead people rise up and eat the living. I think a little 80's superhero sword throwing is acceptable now and then.

Now now now... don't judge us for living in our zombie fantasy world. :)
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited March 2017

mace1229 said:

I get that. But the way it was done, I was waiting for that stupid audio effect from Knight Rider or the 6 Million Dollar Man or something. I can't articulate what that sound is, but it was used often in cheesy 80's shows.
    At this point in the show, the whole season was so slow I think I would have rolled with it if they used the "Go Go Power Rangers" beat when she caught the sword just to see Rick do something other than Cower under Negan.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    mace1229 said:

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    I continue watching but the show is real bad now.
    I used to get angry at it and now I find myself laughing at how bad it is.
    The scenes with Rosita and Sasha acting like bad asses had me laughing out loud.
    The two of them don't weigh more than 200 pounds between them.
    I think the writers think they are being clever but it just looks and feels awful.
    Oh well I will continue watching now to be amused.
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217

The scenes with Rosita and Sasha acting like bad asses had me laughing out loud.
    I think the writers think they are being clever but it just looks and feels awful.

^Ditto. And also, there's just no fear of the walkers anymore... removes the edge of your seat viewing aspect. I am enjoying Negan, Ezekiel and I love the tiger. Carol is annoying, but she always kind of has been...until she kicks a bunch of ass and saves the day.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    finally caught up (I missed the last two weeks). episodes were meh. Although i am glad to see Eugene get some balls.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    What I'm hoping happens is all the different factions go to war, in one way or another, and during that massive war, they are overtaken by hoards of zombies.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023

^Ditto. And also, there's just no fear of the walkers anymore... removes the edge of your seat viewing aspect. I am enjoying Negan, Ezekiel and I love the tiger. Carol is annoying, but she always kind of has been...until she kicks a bunch of ass and saves the day.
    yeah, the whole richonne scene with the hoard of walkers "we got this" was kind of lame. in season 1-4 if they were trapped in a car surrounded by walkers it would have been the end of the episode and a cliffhanger for the following week. actually, i distinctly recall that happening on more than one occasion.

I don't like Ezekiel. I find him lame. I wish they wouldn't have revealed him being a fraud right at the beginning. the way my buddy explained it the comics is that he's some super badass. but so was michonne in the beginning. now she's crying.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

yeah, the whole richonne scene with the hoard of walkers "we got this" was kind of lame. in season 1-4 if they were trapped in a car surrounded by walkers it would have been the end of the episode and a cliffhanger for the following week. actually, i distinctly recall that happening on more than one occasion.

I don't like Ezekiel. I find him lame. I wish they wouldn't have revealed him being a fraud right at the beginning. the way my buddy explained it the comics is that he's some super badass. but so was michonne in the beginning. now she's crying.
    I was thinking that too. Seems like they went from one extreme to another. Season 2 when they lost Sophie, it was only 2 zombies chasing her, and Rick decides he cant take on 2 himself so he has her hide while he lures them far away, when he comes back Sophie is gone. I feel like that happened a lot the first 2 or 3 seasons, they ran away from just 2 or 3 zombies.
    So they've gone from being afraid of 2, to taking on 100 no problem.
    The car thing was stupid too, why not jump out while it was slowly crawling to a stop? Instead lets just wait inside for us to be surrounded first, then crawl through the sunroof.
    I guess I did forget how cheesy this episode really was now that I think about it....
    There is a reasonable explanation as to why they dealt with the Zs differently early on than they do now. They got over the shock of the dead walking and eating every living thing in site and they learned how to kill them, and how to live with them. Although being able to deal with a hundred at once without being bit is quite unbelievable. And since the beginning I have had trouble believing that it is seemingly easy to split or pierce a skull even if it is a dead skull, i.e. with a big stick. Really?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi

There is a reasonable explanation as to why they dealt with the Zs differently early on than they do now. They got over the shock of the dead walking and eating every living thing in site and they learned how to kill them, and how to live with them. Although being able to deal with a hundred at once without being bit is quite unbelievable. And since the beginning I have had trouble believing that it is seemingly easy to split or pierce a skull even if it is a dead skull, i.e. with a big stick. Really?

yeah, there's that end to it for sure, how they got used to things. but the threat is still the same. they can still (presumably) get killed by a simple scratch from a walker. now they can be on top of a car within reach of 50 zombies and not care. that's the inconsistency that I don't care for.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Here is my other gripe about the show.

It's a few years now correct?

How the hell is the gasoline still usable? The octane would be too low to have been unusable by now...

Here is my other gripe about the show.

It's a few years now correct?

How the hell is the gasoline still usable? The octane would be too low to have been unusable by now...

yeah, even if it were usable, it's laughable that it's in more abundance than food. it's one of those "suspension of beliefs" things we have to just take with the show, since they need transportation, and there don't seem to be many horses around.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    The show simply hasn't been good since episode 1.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    I liked tonight's episode a lot. Won't spoil anything for those you haven't seen it yet.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD

I liked tonight's episode a lot. Won't spoil anything for those you haven't seen it yet.

Were you shocked when Negan turned out to be Carl's real dad? I was!
    I loved this episode. I was totally emotionally involved. To the point of fighting back tears.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Best episode of the half season and probably best since s7e1, but they've make everybody so unlikeable it's hard to be moved.
    Was a good episode, but the opening scene with Carol was so lame when she killed the 4 walkers with a pole that had a square end. She put in zero effort, but the pole when all the way through the skull, and the kid was so impressed he asked for training.
    I mean, at least put a little muscle into it if youre going to have it stick out the backside of the head.
    mace1229 said:

Were you shocked when Negan turned out to be Carl's real dad? I was!
    no, that was in the comics :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    The whole flashback sequence with "crazy" Morgan...yesss. THAT made the episode for me. That's when the nearly forgotten feeling of "ohhhh sh*t" came over me and gave me a mini adrenaline rush. It was a thumbs up for me.
    This was easily the best show since the season premiere. I'm not sure why we had to suffer through 12 shows between good ones
    I have no idea about the timing for this season. I thought they'd stretch Negan out for 2 seasons since he was talked about so much, but they are getting to close to the battle it seems.
    They are moving too fast to make that happen now. I'm guessing they are going to leave a season clif-hanger with getting prepared to battle the Saviors, then open season 8 with a 90-minute battle with them.
    As far as last night. ehh. I just cant get on board with that suicide mission when they know everyone else is planning for battle in just days. Whats the point?
    Who was Rosa looking at in the end?
    Negan needs to go this season. No reason to stretch this out any longer. The show is ridiculous now trying to put a full show together for each god damn cast member
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Darryl or dwight? Thinking Dwight cause Darryl never got his bow back (except what the kingdon gave him)....and now Rosa is caught along with Sasha, with both to be killed by Neagan to prove a point.

last weeks show was better.... loved how Morgan has checked out now and Carol has stepped back into the game.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Negan will be around next season. No way this can come to a head and get resolved in 2 episodes and the previews support that.
    This weeks show sucked...
    edited March 2017
    I liked the show except for one thing that I can't get over. And that is the stupidity of Sasha and Rosita. I don't see any logic whatsoever in their decision to go to the sanctuary. I mean, they know that war is being planned. And the only thing related to a an explanation for their action is that Rick is taking too long. Well, maybe that is because they are not ready yet. Just like Sasha & Rosita. And what was Sasha going to do once inside? Other than commit suicide? And who took the bag? Did Sasha take it inside? Or did she leave it with Rosita? And if so, I think she left it behind. I may have missed it, but I don't think she ran off with it. Maybe I can understand that they thought that if they took out Negan then that would either solve the problem of the Saviors, or at least make it easier for Rick and gang. But once the assassination failed they should have booked it back to Hilltop. Nothing good is going to come of Sasha's capture or suicide. There is no way that she can get to Negan inside the Sanctuary.

Negan is going to be really pissed off about this. He will retaliate against Alexandria.
    Post edited by Riverrunner on
    Unless Dwight's hairline mysteriously filled out, that was Daryl. Too much hair