Idris said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

my2hands said:

Idris said:

benjs said:

Idris said:

President Trump said it's going to be a "beautiful" wall. Why are we not excited?

Also, Iraqi oil Can pay for the wall.

It's going to be a beautiful time in Vietnam.

It's going to be a beautiful war on drugs.

When you add the word beautiful to an implicitly not-beautiful action, it does not make it beautiful. Especially with a snake oil salesman with a history of lying and cheaply creating products (steaks, education, etc), his words are actually underneath CNN and Fox in terms of trustworthiness.

Also, do you understand anything about budgeting? Iraqi oil can also pay for things that matter and help more.

I'm sure the oil will pay for other things too. But for now, the wall.

I was just making a comment on how we could pay for the wall.

Oil is an option. We are the USA. We can take what we like, Who's gonna stop us? Canada?

I also want to make a note..while talking about iraq, I gotta say that it's amazing to see mr George W Bush on talk shows and people showing so much respect for him.

So many people hated him while he was in office. People called him a killer, war criminal, and this county is so great we are able to forgive him...

This is literally one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

And disgusting frankly.

Grow up
    How much more shall I grow up? What do you know?

Whats disgusting about my post? What's dumb about it.
    Grow up until your impulse to kill people and take what doesn't belong to you because nobody will stop you goes away. That'd be a start.
    I have NO such impulses.

You said I have an impulse to kill people and take what doesn't belong. That is fake news.

What I said in my post was accurate, You don't have to like it. But it's true.
    rgambs said:

You said it, and then you stood by it.
    We already caused the death of at least half a million Iraqis, now your idea on how to build a moronic, obviously ineffective boondoggle border wall is to steal the only resource the Iraqi people could use to lift themselves out of the third world.
    Grow up.

And?
    Speaks for itself, you might not see anything there, but this is a community of diverse, intelligent people who can come to their own conclusions.
    Does not mean the conclusion reached will be the correct one.

You are wrong here. You have me wrong.

I don't think you personally want to kill Arabs and steal their oil, but when you advocate for it and it happens, you have to own a piece of it.
    I did NO such thing.
    Please clarify how you didn't. You said we should take their oil because nobody can stop us.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited March 2017
    Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

my2hands said:

Idris said:

benjs said:

Idris said:

President Trump said it's going to be a "beautiful" wall. Why are we not excited?

When you add the word beautiful to an implicitly not-beautiful action, it does not make it beautiful. Especially with a snake oil salesman with a history of lying and cheaply creating products (steaks, education, etc), his words are actually underneath CNN and Fox in terms of trustworthiness.

Also, do you understand anything about budgeting? Iraqi oil can also pay for things that matter and help more.

Oil is an option. We are the USA. We can take what we like, Who's gonna stop us? Canada?

I also want to make a note..while talking about iraq, I gotta say that it's amazing to see mr George W Bush on talk shows and people showing so much respect for him.

So many people hated him while he was in office. People called him a killer, war criminal, and this county is so great we are able to forgive him...

And disgusting frankly.

Grow up

Grow up until your impulse to kill people and take what doesn't belong to you because nobody will stop you goes away. That'd be a start.
    I have NO such impulses.

You said I have an impulse to kill people and take what doesn't belong. That is fake news.

rgambs said:

We already caused the death of at least half a million Iraqis, now your idea on how to build a moronic, obviously ineffective boondoggle border wall is to steal the only resource the Iraqi people could use to lift themselves out of the third world.
    Grow up.

And?
    Speaks for itself, you might not see anything there, but this is a community of diverse, intelligent people who can come to their own conclusions.

I don't think you personally want to kill Arabs and steal their oil, but when you advocate for it and it happens, you have to own a piece of it.
    I did NO such thing.
    You're a "person who likes to post inflammatory thing on the internet and waste everyone's time including your own"... work on your game and come back
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    my2hands said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

my2hands said:

Idris said:

benjs said:

Idris said:

And disgusting frankly.

Grow up

I have NO such impulses.

rgambs said:

Grow up.

And?

I did NO such thing.
    You're a troll... work on your game and come back
    No game.

And Name calling is also against the forum rules.

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

my2hands said:

Idris said:

benjs said:

Idris said:

And disgusting frankly.

Grow up

I have NO such impulses.

rgambs said:

Grow up.

And?

I did NO such thing.
    Please clarify how you didn't. You said we should take their oil because nobody can stop us.
    No, I didn't say that.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    "Also, Iraqi oil Can pay for the wall."

"I was just making a comment on how we could pay for the wall.
    Oil is an option. We are the USA. We can take what we like, Who's gonna stop us? Canada?"
    "And yes...I'm SERIOUS. I'm not *Messing YOU or anyone else"
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mickeyrat said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Crimes against humanity.

How so? Are we charging fdr too?
    That's hilarious.
    Hilarious because fdr knew Pearl Harbor was gonna happen which resulted in 400,000 anerican deaths?
    Why charge W and Cheney?
    So Bush and Cheney knew about 9/11 and didn't do anything to prevent it?
    no, because 9/11 was falsely used as a pretext for invading Iraq.
    I think Idris and McGruff are on to something. Bush and Cheney knew knowing they could use it as a pretext to invade Iraq.
    My point is that other presidents besides W have used false claims to get us into war. Johnson and the gulf of Tonkin and fdr with Pearl Harbor.
    FDR lied about Pearl Harbor?
    Explain please
    Fdr knew the attack was coming.
    Please provide believable, reliable, and verifiable links to prove this theory.
    Thanks
    Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

my2hands said:

Idris said:

benjs said:

Idris said:

And disgusting frankly.

Grow up

I have NO such impulses.

rgambs said:

Grow up.

And?

I did NO such thing.
    No, I didn't say that.

Your words.
    rgambs said:

Your words.

Exactly. My words.

So calling someone a troll, when they are trolling, is name calling? lol

Carry on
    Idris said:

rgambs said:

Your words.

Exactly. My words.

? Care to clarify?
    You said you didn't say it, I showed that you said it, and now what? I'm confused.

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mickeyrat said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Crimes against humanity.

That's hilarious.
    Hilarious because fdr knew Pearl Harbor was gonna happen which resulted in 400,000 anerican deaths?
    Why charge W and Cheney?
    I think Idris and McGruff are on to something. Bush and Cheney knew knowing they could use it as a pretext to invade Iraq.
    My point is that other presidents besides W have used false claims to get us into war. Johnson and the gulf of Tonkin and fdr with Pearl Harbor.
    Explain please
    Thanks
    Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

my2hands said:

Idris said:

benjs said:

Idris said:

And disgusting frankly.

Grow up

I have NO such impulses.

rgambs said:

Grow up.

And?

I did NO such thing.
    No, I didn't say that.

We are the USA. We can take and do what we like (for the most part).

I never said we SHOULD/MUST take the oil.

But we are the USA, We pretty much do what we like and who's gonna stop us? (i used Canada as an example because I was speaking to a Canadian )

I never said taking oil from Iraq was the *right thing to do.
    my2hands said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

my2hands said:

Idris said:

benjs said:

Idris said:

And disgusting frankly.

Grow up

I have NO such impulses.

rgambs said:

Grow up.

And?

I did NO such thing.
    You're a "person who likes to post inflammatory thing on the internet and waste everyone's time including your own"... work on your game and come back
    Is that better?
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

my2hands said:

Idris said:

benjs said:

Idris said:

And disgusting frankly.

Grow up

I have NO such impulses.

rgambs said:

Grow up.

And?

I did NO such thing.
    good grief really....he has to own a piece of it ????? that's how some on here operate and it's just ridicules to have to twist meanings to create an opening for a liberal verbal attack......sad.

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

my2hands said:

Idris said:

benjs said:

Idris said:

And disgusting frankly.

Grow up

I have NO such impulses.

rgambs said:

Grow up.

And?

I did NO such thing.
    Is that better?
    No Its worse.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mickeyrat said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Crimes against humanity.

That's hilarious.
    Why charge W and Cheney?
    Explain please
    Thanks
    Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

Idris said:

rgambs said:

Idris said:

my2hands said:

Idris said:

benjs said:

Idris said:

And disgusting frankly.

Grow up

I have NO such impulses.

rgambs said:

Grow up.

And?

I did NO such thing.
    No, I didn't say that.

read the book "day of deceit".
    https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/history/item/4740-pearl-harbor-hawaii-was-surprised-fdr-was-not
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mcgruff10 said:

Crimes against humanity.

We should have. In addition to your point about the 400,000 US deaths, that motherfucker put American citizens in concentrations camps because of the shape of their eyes. Fuck FDR. His Executive Order demonstrated a Trump-on-steroids level of fear and racism.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    edited March 2017
    jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

Crimes against humanity.

We should have. In addition to your point about the 400,000 US deaths, that motherfucker put American citizens in concentrations camps because of the shape of their eyes. Fuck FDR. His Executive Order demonstrated a Trump-on-steroids level of fear and racism.
    Yes, True.
    jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

Crimes against humanity.

man talk about weird...i just taught executive order 9066 today in class.
    mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

Crimes against humanity.

You're a teacher and you believe the unproven conspiracy theory that FDR knew in advance about Pearl Harbor? Do you teach it as well?
    Do you also teach about the 3rd shooter on the grassy knoll?
    Or that President Obama ordered the Newtown Massacre?
    Or the classic....The Rothschild run the world's
    financial systems?
    edited March 2017

mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

Crimes against humanity.

You're a teacher and you believe the unproven conspiracy theory that FDR knew in advance about Pearl Harbor? Do you teach it as well?
    financial systems?
    Just because I'm a history teacher doesn't mean I believe everything in the text book. I'm allowed to have my own opinions about historical events.
    I taught berlin april 45 last week and gave the "official" version of hitler committing suicide in the bunker. I tell my students that some historians believe that hitler could have left the bunker and made it to south america.
    Same with the kennedy assassination, I tell them the "official" version and then have them to their own research on different theories on what happened that day. They then make their own conclusion on what really occurred.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

Crimes against humanity.

financial systems?
    Just because I'm a history teacher doesn't mean I believe everything in the text book. I'm allowed to have my own opinions about historical events.
    I taught berlin april 45 last week and gave the "official" version of hitler committing suicide in the bunker. I tell my students that some historians believe that hitler could have left the bunker and made it to south america.
    Same with the kennedy assassination, I tell them the "official" version and then have them to their own research on different theories on what happened that day. They then make their own conclusion on what really occurred.
    Questioning and doing research using believable, reliable, and verifiable sources is always a good thing.
    There is too much false and misleading info out there. Made even worse by the internet.

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

jeffbr said:

mcgruff10 said:

Crimes against humanity.

financial systems?
    Questioning and doing research using believable, reliable, and verifiable sources is always a good thing.
    There is too much false and misleading info out there. Made even worse by the internet.
    Absolutely correct. I teach a whole lesson on rating web sites to see if they are credible and reinforce it through the year.
  • Idris said:

benjs said:

Idris said:

I requoted this because it has been buried with a series of other posts related to it.

Idris... this passage clearly shows that you are comfortable with your country exercising it's military strength to seize whatever it pleases from other countries. Your subsequent post to me expressed you were not 'messing around' and that you felt that way.

Let me try and rephrase it so that you might understand how it was interpreted: We're America and we're the toughest sonsabitches out there. If we need anything, well we'll just take it because we can and if anyone tries to stop us...we'll kill them and kill them good.

I think that sums it up pretty accurately. I also think that is messed up thinking, but I shouldn't be surprised.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786

Idris said:

benjs said:

Idris said:

I requoted this because it has been buried with a series of other posts related to it.

Idris... this passage clearly shows that you are comfortable with your country exercising it's military strength to seize whatever it pleases from other countries. Your subsequent post to me expressed you were not 'messing around' and that you felt that way.

Let me try and rephrase it so that you might understand how it was interpreted: We're America and we're the toughest sonsabitches out there. If we need anything, well we'll just take it because we can and if anyone tries to stop us...we'll kill them and kill them good.

I think that sums it up pretty accurately. I also think that is messed up thinking, but I shouldn't be surprised.
    The Fourth Geneva Convention of 1949 explicitly prohibits the looting of civilian property during wartime. The Hague Conventions of 1899 and 1907 (modified in 1954) obliges military forces not only to avoid destruction of enemy property, but to provide protection to it. Theoretically, to prevent such looting, unclaimed property is moved to the custody of the Custodian of Enemy Property, to be handled until the return to its owner.

...so there's that...
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    CM189191 said:

Idris said:

benjs said:

Idris said:

The Fourth Geneva Convention of 1949 explicitly prohibits the looting of civilian property during wartime. The Hague Conventions of 1899 and 1907 (modified in 1954) obliges military forces not only to avoid destruction of enemy property, but to provide protection to it. Theoretically, to prevent such looting, unclaimed property is moved to the custody of the Custodian of Enemy Property, to be handled until the return to its owner.

...so there's that...
    same as Trump said in an interview AFTER being elected. "We should have taken the oil", which, as you stated, is illegal.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Magoo2Magoo2 Posts: 94
    How about instead of building a wall, Americans take some responsibility for the illegal immigrant problem by no longer hiring them. If there is no work, fewer of them will come illegally! Is there not a way the public can determine if items they purchase were produced or harvested through legal means.
    I would imagine we are all, at some point in time, guilty of supporting illegal immigration by purchasing less expensive goods/labor. We all need to be better and change our ways to solve this problem. Not point the finger of blame to Mexico - I am so tired of Trump making us look bad to the rest of the world. Stand up and take some responsibility for our outcomes, America. We should stop pointing blame and take a good look at ourselves and our actions and start from there.
    Same goes for drugs - if Americans don't buy them - there will be less coming in. How about working on helping the attitude and social problems within our own country that lead to drug abuse. Maybe we should have better mental health programs for addiction. Not 10 day rehab stays in mental health hospitals followed by lame out patient programs. Why 10 days - because that is what insurance companies in the United States cover.
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead...
    ^^^ I'm down with that
  • Magoo2Magoo2 Posts: 94
    In today's world, anxiety runs more rampant than ever in children, teenagers and young adults. Here is Trump's answer to helping parents to help our kids:
    Mr. Trump made a key concession to fiscal hawks by agreeing to scrap the health care law’s provision mandating “essential benefits” — like outpatient visits, mental health services and some maternity care — in a bid to lower premiums. I guess Trump plans on saving America money by just taking away mental health services and shoving Psyche Meds down their throats because it would be cheaper. He claims he wants to help curb the drug problem in America - cutting back on Mental Health Services will certainly be a great answer for that one! Unbelievable!!!!!
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    This Woman Voted For Trump But Now The Government Is Deporting Her Husband

A Mexican man who entered the United States illegally almost 20 years ago is set to be deported on Friday, amid an uptick in detentions by immigration agents emboldened by President Donald Trump — whom the man's own wife voted for.

Roberto Beristain, 43, has been in the custody of US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers since he was detained on Feb. 6 in Indianapolis, department spokeswoman Leticia Zamarripa told BuzzFeed News.

“They came outside, knocked on the window,” Helen Beristain told Indiana Public Media earlier this month. “They said, ‘Are you Roberto’s wife?’ And, I said ‘Yes.’ And, they said, ‘Well, your husband is being detained because of a deportation [order] 16 and a half years ago.’ And, I said, ‘That’s a joke.’ And, they said, ‘No, it’s true.’”

Helen Beristain told Indiana Public Media she voted for President Trump believing that only "killers" and cartel members would be deported.

"We don’t want to have cartels here, you don’t want to have drugs in your high schools, you don’t want killers next to you,” she said. “You want to feel safe when you leave your house. I truly believe that. And, this is why I voted for Mr. Trump."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/this-woman-voted-for-trump-but-now-the-government-is?utm_term=.dyDq9bVNN#.cxz4mEzXX

SAD! (really is sad)
    I'm not very sad about it, I feel bad for the kids but the woman, she deserves the laugh I have at her expense.